“Amazing food, staff and place.... my absolute number one choice”
Review of Niko Niko Roll & Sushi - CLOSED

Niko Niko Roll & Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighborhood: City Commercial Core
Neighborhood: City Commercial Core
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am honestly impressed by this place every time I go. It is always spotless. The staff is friendly and quick. The owners are RIGHT THERE and stay on top of every detail. And the sushi........... aaaaaaaaaaaaaah, the sushi!!!! It is seriously good sushi-- large amounts, fresh food, good ingredients. When all the other sushi places have started to make smaller bites and not-so-filling centers, Niko Niko Sushi stays true. Plus, you get soup, salad and fruit INCLUDED with your roll. I have had sushi in San Francisco, New York, Las Vegas and Miami.... and the best one ive found is in little Kitchener, Canada.

1  Thank TicNToc

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was in Kitchener/Waterloo over the weekend for a convention (June 14-16).

I've eaten at lots of Japanese places in Toronto. New Generation in the Annex is my fav.

This place is typical Japanese fare. Sushi, Maki, Sashimi, Tempura, Teriyaki, Bento boxes... etc... Great Sushi chef. He was quick and artistic. The table next to me ordered a combo sushi selection that was served on a huge wooden boat!

I ordered a chicken teriyaki bento box. It's a combo plate with all I want. Rice (served in a heart-shape, awww!), chicken and veg in a light teriyaki sauce, two salmon sashimi with wasabi and gari, salad, and tempura (shrimp, sweet potato, eggplant, and broccoli). A bowl of miso soup is included (would have liked bigger cubes of tofu and seaweed) along with complimentary green tea.

It was typical but acceptable. These types of meals are always very salty. Thus the reason why they are so flavourable. My bill was about $25.

The decor was also typical with an exception. I think this place was once an Italian restaurant because there's still two painted murals of Venice on the walls.

There's a tiny but clean washroom downstairs... the Listerine bottle with paper cups was a little touch.

I would return. It was good for Japanese. It's funny but I think you have to actually go to Japan to have food prepared and served by actual Japanese people. All the places I've been here are staffed by asians but definitely not Japanese.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Niko Niko is proof that "all you can eat" sushi is a waste of time. And sushi. A couple rolls here will fill you up, cost the same as AYCE, and taste, oh, about 100x better than mass-produced sushi. Definitely worth a visit to downtown Kitchener.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It has been a year since our first visit to Niko Niko and we both enjoyed it more this time. The service was great, the food freshly prepared and displayed. I was hesitant to go back the second time, but now I am anxious to try more things on the menu.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been visiting Mike, Kim and Lina at least once a week for the past 5 years and still love it. The food is always fresh and the service is excellent.
By far the best Japanese restaurant in the area.

1  Thank Kyle W