“Great Place”

Knights Inn Kitchener
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My wife and I arrived at Kitchner Knights Inn around 1:00 AM,very warm welcom to the Inn by the saff,larg room,very quite and neat,hi speed internet,free breakfast and great conversation with the manager. I highly recommed this place to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Myself and 2 friends stayed at the Knights Inn, in Kitchener (1455 Weber Street East
Kitchener, ON N2A 1A5 CA) and i have to say it was one of the most awful experiences we have ever had staying in a hotel, and we could not believe the events that took place with our One night stay at this hotel.
The main incidents that occurred were that there we BED BUGS!
I couldn't believe it. I have never experience that in my entire life, and was disgusted. I was woken up in the middle of the night by bugs crawling all over my body. I then began to inspect my bed, finding more. I woke up my friends and we ended up sleeping in our car... -This was after we were already put in a room, and then asked to change rooms because she didn't see that when we checked in, that room was reserved for other people.-
In the morning we immediately went to the front desk to bring to the attention of what we had discovered. We were rudely spoken to by the lady at the front desk, and were told that we were lying to get our money back. With this insult, we were told to come back in an hour to speak with the owner. Then upon check out, we again were rudely spoken to, without even receiving and apology from anyone yet, we were told, that they need to inspect the room for proof. She then went to the people who were doing construction on the other rooms, and claimed they were trained professionals in finding bed bugs, and brought them into the room we stayed in, and they began to inspect. Finding spots of blood (from bites) where i slept (on the pillow and sheet) and upon pulling the mattress off the box spring, they did mention that there was in their words " Not alot of them". The front desk attendant had left the room (during the search to talk on the phone), and when she came back she was screaming at us that there was no proof (even though we were just told by the "experts" there was was evidence of BED BUGS!) Still receiving no apology we were told by a yelling lady there was nothing they could do for us, because we used the shower and the room was now considered used. That we should have came to them earlier about it (mind you it was 5am when i found them). With the owner still not arrived, we were told to leave still not receiving anything, not even an apology, and were thrown accusations that we brought the bed bugs... I have NEVER experienced such bad customer service as i did in this hotel, and i am appalled at how we were treated about something so serious. I will NOT be staying at another Knight Inn ever again. Disgusting....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
18  Thank Nicole V
Kemptville, Manager at Knights Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Reporting of any incidents of this nature are taken very seriously by both management and ownership of this hotel and the industry as a whole.We have very stringent protocols in place to safeguard against such incidents as you have inferred. If an incident does occur, or is reported, we utilize certified professional companies that specialize in the appropriate treatment,containment and eradication of any pests that may be found.
I have had the room inspected by RentoKill pest control which reports no activity or signs of recent bed bug activity in the room. This will be faxed in to Tripadvisor as back-up.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I really enjoyed staying at Kitchner Knights Inn - very friendly staff, always willing to assist and help out, tidy and quiet rooms - very recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a very good stay. We came all the way from Mumbai India and were very nicely treated by the hotel management. We had absolutely no difficulty at all and would love to come back again for staying here. Any one who would want accommodation at the right price should stay in this motel. I wish the hotel owners all the success. Thank you once again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Not your nicest hotel for sure. You will get what you pay for. I paid $69 per night for a Fri and Sat stay. The noise is unbelievable as this hotel attracts baseball and hockey teams. Unless you are on a tight budget, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank thumper114
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The first thing that I like about this Inn is that they have very nice and friendly staff, who helped me a lot with everything. Especially that I'm new to this area and they were of a great help to me.

The pool seems to be very clean and very tempting, specially in the warm weather here, it is a very good way of releasing your heat! The rooms are very clean and there is free Internet which I'm very happy with. In general I feel really happy with my stay here.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I am from Iran. I found this place clean, friendly and nice. Good swimming pool for summer visitors.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo

Been to Knights Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!