“Tantalizing on the Pallet”

Borealis Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Borealis Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 586 Restaurants in Kitchener
Cuisines: Gastropub, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Borealis Grille & Bar is a restaurant that serves the very best of locally crafted foods and beverages. We bring "The Taste of Ontario", the highest quality of fresh products from Ontario farmers, breweries and wineries to our guests each and every day. Combined with a deep respect for local heritage and craftsmanship and an unwavering dedication for sustainability. Our Borealis location in Kitchener is set in a restored 19th century schoolhouse, that is showcased in the great Harvest Lounge at the entrance. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

I gave this a 5 but it would have given it a 4.5 if these stars allowed it. I was upset at the wait time and not having a seat. If you can book a reservation, definately do that. But we decided to eat at the bar. Besides the casual dining that would have been more romantic at a table for my date night with my hubby. The food was by far amazing. The bartenders great and personable. We were treated amazing for sitting in their faces all night. The food was exquisite. I've had lunch here before and it was amazing too. Treat yourself to an excellent dinner or lunch. Tickle your pallet and enjoy.

Neil R, Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

While I can't really apologize for being busy, I'm glad the bartending team and kitchen brigade were able to make your experience a tantalizing one. Reservations can be made through our website, or even through the link right here on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

Amazing food! We've never had a bad meal at this place... I love how the menu changes accordingly to what is in season. This time I had the Mac and cheese, something that I would never normally have but it was delicious. Salads are amazing too! It's one of my favs in the KW region.

It's awesome when people step out of their comfort zone, and try something new. It's even better when they find it delicious!

Reviewed June 30, 2016

We came for dinner and we're thrilled with the food, service and atmosphere!! Our server was absolutely the best ever, it was a girls night and we were gabbing away. Our server gave us plenty of time to socialize and was VERY attentive to all of our needs

Well we can't do much better than perfect! Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Attended a book launch with about 25 guests. Nice lunch selections and very good service. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The Creme Brûlée was one of many tasty desserts. Only negative was the chairs which were wooden and uncomfortable.

I'm glad to hear that the book launch was such a hit. In the Tom Thomson room where you were seated, there are some padded bench seats available as well. Next time we will be sure to have you seated in one of those tables.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

I like the spot, the people are really good, the food needed a bit more seasoning.

We will make the trip back again.

Hello Alex,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, and I have passed along your note about seasoning to the kitchen team. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip back.