“Clean, Quiet, Affordable, and Convenient!”

Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!
Ranked #4 of 8 Kitchener B&B and Inns
Pickering, Canada
“Clean, Quiet, Affordable, and Convenient!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Definitely a great alternative to a hotel. I enjoyed my short stay there - it was clean, quiet and more cost effective than staying at a hotel. Plus it felt homely and I was able to retain my own independence. I don't mind staying at a hotel for a day or two, but for anything more I appreciate the homely feel of bed and breakfasts, or preferably, a place like Boardwalk Homes (significantly more affordable than a traditional bed and breakfast). Overall a great experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank airoks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed October 7, 2012

So I am very excited to being writing my own review on boardwalk homes. I read many reviews before I booked my visit and I feel I must share my own opinion so I can help others decide if they want to stay here for their next visit to kitchener.
So my husband and I had to find a place we could stay w/ our 4 young kids while we were in town for a wedding. We decide on boardwalk homes, because of the fact that most hotels have a limit of 4 people per room and we didn't want to be separated. We spent two nights in the suit which included a couch bed in the living room, "king" bed in the bedroom, basic bathroom, laundry room and a kitchen area.
Our stay costed us 400$ for two nights, which is alittle more expensive then your standard hotel. The suit has the appearance of a nicely decorated, slightly updated single bedroom apartment. It is actually a neighbourhood of several condo buildings (town homes) divided by floors. You can slightly hear your neighbours (luckily only their foot steps) as we were in a the basement unit. The kitchen has updated appliances (fridge, dishwasher, microwave, stove, toaster).
I have to admit my family and I come from a spacious, luxury, clean home. When we travel we expect the same or better. Well this wasn't exactly the case at Boardwalk Homes. The microwave had finger prints over it and food stuck inside of it. The freezer had someone's old ice cream container init. At 1st when I saw the ice cream container I thought maybe it was complimentary gift lol. Noooo it was't! Dishes that were included in the kitchen were not up to my standard of clean. Taps in the kitchen and bathroom have water marks all over them. Dirt on the floor behind things like the couch, lamps, etc and dirt in corners of the bathroom floor. Furnishings are mostly ikea style, which are on the cheap side. There was a broken lamp in the living room, with broken glass left init. The "king" size bed are actually two very firm twin size mattresses side by side. This was discovered by my husband the 1st time he sat on the bed. The linens (bath towel, face cloths, dish towels, etc) are awful. They are discoloured, cheap and rough. These are towels I would never serve a guest in my home, let alone in my business! All that being said - the dirt that i observed made me question what else wasn't cleaned (carpets, bed sheets, fabric furnishings, etc). Overall if the cleaners improved on their cleaning routine of the units, I would rate this stay 5 stars. Since that wasn't the case I can only rate this place 3 stars. I don't enjoy living in someone else's filth! The location is very nice - close to parks and shopping centre.

• Stayed October 2012
BoardwalkHomes, Manager at Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Rebecca, thank you for recognizing that we are of 5 star quality and value. We had temporary staff working on Thanksgiving weekend, so there was some oversight in the details of the cleaning. This is no excuse, and we strive for excellence. We will improve our training to all staff, and hope to earn your 5 star rating next time.
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place provides you an experience much closer to home than other hotels. There is a great kitchen, a cozy living room, a backyard, and the whole place was quite clean and organized (a housekeeper comes everyday). If your goal is just to spend one night, a regular hotel might fit your needs better. But if you're spending a few days, like me, this is a much more convenient choice. You can cook your own food (and juice, cereal, spices, oil, etc., are at disposal) and you have much more space than in a hotel room (although the spaces are shared with other guests). All in all, me and my girlfriend found it a great experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kingston
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Handsome, well appointed, easy-to-live-in, well located, comfortable ... these Glasgow St. suites are a definite winner. And so is Erin! We've stayed there twice since they opened, and plan to return. Quality throughout. The suites live up to and exceed their brochure description, and Erin is open & responsive to queries/suggestions. For a condo-like experience, Boardwalk Suites are a real gem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy H
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed with a group of 18 in the guesthouse. It was a wonderful experience. Rooms are well furnished, very clean and bathrooms are also well equiped. Nice terrace and beautiful living rooms. Kitchen was excellent too. We enjoyed very much our stay. It was much better than staying in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed in the house with an international group for a research summerschool at the University of Waterloo. The house was perfect for us: nicely decorated, lots of room, very clean, enough bathrooms, and enough space to work together and to relax as well.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 3, 2012

It was an excellent experience to stay at boardwalk homes. The place was very clean, quiet and comfortable. It was well connected to both downtown and Waterloo University. Erin was very kind. If you go to the Kitchener/Waterloo area, you should stay at boardwalk homes definitely.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank CarloscarlosDf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!

Property: Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!
Address: Countrystone Dr., Kitchener, Ontario N2N 3R9, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Region of Waterloo > Kitchener
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in Kitchener
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES! 3.5*
Boardwalk Homes brand-new spacious executive guest houses are ideally located in a quiet residential area in Kitchener-Waterloo, yet with essential amenities nearby, and only 5 km to the Universities and RIM campus. Our guest houses are professionally designed with modern interiors and furnishings. There is over 3000sqft living space in each house, with 3+ floors, 4 common/living areas, free hi-speed wireless internet and cable TV, beautiful fireplace, high-end fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, and an outdoor deck. A self-catered full breakfast is provided.Room rates range from $69-99 per night plus tax, for standard bedrooms with shared bath to large bedrooms, king-size bed and private en-suite. Also, private self-contained luxury suites opening Fall 2011! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES! Kitchener, Ontario