“Lovely cafe!”

Cafe O Roaster and Bakery
Ranked #5 of 8 Bakeries in Kitchener
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really like the place! Great great coffee ! great lattes! great treats in a beautifully decorated cafe. I enjoy sitting there, flipping through their magazines and sipping my latte. So sad that they close so early :( . I cannot go there after work.

There are newer reviews for Cafe O Roaster and Bakery

Reviewed November 17, 2013

great atmosphere, great coffee roasted in house. Service is good. highly recommend it. Very cozy and nice décor. Great desserts and lunch menu.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time to the store on Saturday in hope of a great latte and steamer, then sit an relax, the attendant first off did not like my confusion of getting a steamer that was to be a chai latte instead. Ok, some irritation at my request.

Then it was time to pay with my credit card in the amount of $15. She immediately pointed to the small sign on the cash register, and expressed with irritation at my failure to comply..."...did you not read the sign...only cash or debit!".

At first I was embarrassed that I missed it and started to pull out cash. Then pondering for a moment the insulting way of which she negated the thought that maybe this kind of request is unusual to the average customer and explain in a kind voice the unfortunate rule.

Besides, I and my wife where there to sit and relax with a cup of coffee and not feel as though we were delivering injustice to the plight of the small business.

So, before the cash came out of my pocket, we just closed our mouths and walked out with no intention to try their products...ever.

3  Thank Wm V
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My favourite place in Kitchener for coffee and lunch. The decor is relaxing, comfortable and modern. The washroom is lovely, large and clean with a pleasing decor. Their lattes have been consistently silky with a balanced espresso flavour. Lunches have always been fresh and delicious. Service is exceptional.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

As someone that goes in to Cafe O almost every sat I have never been turned away by the mother or the daughter... Even if they have no baked goods or coffee usually they'll let me stick around for a fresh pot or out of respect I come back when they are open. I find your story, Kelly G, to b a little on the fabricated side given how you say you were never able to buy baked goods because you actually never made it in the cafe yet at the same time you shared some of their baked goods with your co-workers???? (which by the way...if you had ever purchased any you'd find that they are quite delicious)... Anyways, it's sad that people like you try to ruin the reputation of small business and yes you stick with your recommendation of going to Plantation... because their coffee is the same as your review -- lacking!
ohhh and by the way all the other great reviews on this and other website speaks for the cafe on their own!!

1  Thank coffeeismypassion