“A home away from home”

Frederick Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Kitchener B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Frederick Street Inn several times. Each time I stayed in a charming room and enjoyed friendly service and a great breakfast. The common room features comfy chairs, books and DVDs you can look at, as well as tea and coffee. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ulugs
amandaingall, Owner at Frederick Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thanks so much for letting other know of your experience. It has been wonderful to have you stay with us over the past (what has it been now, a year?) I wish the best to you and your family,

There are newer reviews for Frederick Street Inn

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for several days while on business in the area. Hosts were pleasant and efficient and the home was spotless. Very accommodating to our crazy schedule they offered a wide range of flexibility which we appreciated!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
amandaingall, Owner at Frederick Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hi Bill,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are certainly happy to accommodate guest requests, and it is nice that we are small enough to give the special care.
Thanks for taking the time to write a reivew,
Hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had an overnight at the Inn and enjoyed the company of the owner and, as always, met very interesting people at breakfast. Very clean, nicely appointed bedroom and the owner is so accommodating. Great choice of restaurants within walking distance. Back for the Blues Festival.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sharing a bathroom the second floor rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
amandaingall, Owner at Frederick Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

It will be great to see you for the Blues Festival. You have the very best location in town for the festival....but then I am a bit biased.
Kindly,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had to stay overnight in the middle of two intensive days of driving and expert testimony in court. Fortunately, I found my way to this B&B and had very nice accommodations, very pleasant hosts and interesting conversations with an intelligent, articulate and generous couple.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for writing such a kind review. I have to admit that I totally enjoyed our conversations as well. :)
Best to you,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My image of visiting a B&B is sharing a home with its owners. Contrary to that image, the Frederick Inn is operated by owners who do not live in the Inn. While there is a large lounge area for guests to use, and snack available to eat, the atmosphere is somewhat different than that in a home you are sharing with its owners. Our bedroom had only one reading light, and the nouveau-olde fixtures to use the shower in the bath were less than perfect. Breakfast (waffles), which was served by an assistant hired to provide service, was okay, but without a choice. Overall, not good value for the price charged.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
amandaingall, Owner at Frederick Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hello,
I am sorry that you did not feel that you had received value at our Inn. In reading your comments I feel that you are not describing a lack of value as much as where we failed to meet your expectations, especially that we do not live at the house.
You are absolutely correct. We are not quite a B&B if your definition of a B&B is that the owner live on the property. (Truth is many B&B owners do not live on the property. Some will tell you, some will not) and we are certainly not a hotel. This is why I have decided on the title of Inn. Within our 5 years of business quite honestly we hear more often comments from guests that they prefer this arrangement. There is a sense of comfort and personal space becuase they don't feel that they are walking around in someone else's home. We do everything in our practises to ensure a home-like environment and to offer those personal touches that elevate a guest's experience.
We too have been a bit frustrated with the broken handle on the bathroom fixtures. It is a custom order and therefore this was not able to be fixed as timely as we would have liked.
My Best,

Reviewed March 9, 2013

For me mostly staying for business in unpersonal 5-star hotels, this was a great experience. You feel like home in this comfortable hotel. Breakfast is served in a living room with a fireplace, so romantic! During breakfast I had a great talk with the owner and the hotel guests.

I will certainly come again and enjoy a great time. Thanks Amanda for making this stay so wonderful!

Best regards
Jochen from Germany

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
aingall, Owner at Frederick Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hello.
I am so happy that you had a great experience here at the Inn. I will certainly pass along your words of praise to my staff Kathleen and Sarah. These two deserve all the praise. (as you know Harald and I were away)
Hope to get to meet you next time!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at the Frederick Street Inn three nights a week for over three months. They gave me a great rate and it was so convenient. The bedrooms were beautiful and everyone was so welcoming. I would definitely recommend this place for just an overnight stay or extended stay. I will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice! There's not a bad room in the place - just differences in size.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
aingall, Owner at Frederick Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We have many commuters that come to stay with us on long term stay packages. It is such a mutually beneficial arrangement. I am glad you enjoyed your stay:) If you are ever back in town again - look us up. (It starts to feel like old friends coming to visit)
Best,
Amanda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#1 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Frederick Street Inn? Share your experiences!