“Return to Kitchener”

Queens Landing Guest House B&B
Ranked #2 of 8 Kitchener B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was 20 years since I was in Kitchener for a visit. while shopping on Internet for a place to stay (B&B) format that we like, we choose the Queens Landing because it is well situated, The host and hostess Brian and Wilma made us feel right at home. Brian went about to explain to us the interested points of attractions. The food was super , Wilma's bluberries panbcakes are the best. We will be back rest asure.....

Room Tip: the Royal suite was excellent for us with lot of room space
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BW T, Owner at Queens Landing Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello A&C,
I was a pleasure to have you both stay while you visited your past. We are always pleased when guest use and appreciates our concierge services. You were both great fun and I know the other guests enjoyed the morning chats. Do take care until we meet again. Brian & Wilma.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is the best place to stay to have great experience in Kitchener. Queens landing is a wonderful B &B, where you can make yourself at home. The larger king room that we had for 9 nights was the perfect size, with a great fire place and all luxury. There is a refrigerator that you can use to store items and there is always coffee and tea, in addition to what is in your room. The bathroom is a good size and the toiletries were great. Brian and Wilma, our host, is incredible, just like all the reviews stated. They were friendly, knowledgeable and went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. Wilma's breakfast were incredible and had great varieties. Brian always made it a point that we had enough information regarding different places that we could visit and provided us with a road map regarding the near by restaurants. It was a fabulous experience and we would stay at the Queens Landing again. Thanks for a wonderful time.

Brian and Wilma - Hope you will remember us every time you see our gift :)

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BW T, Owner at Queens Landing Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Hello A&A, Thank you for your kind review.

We certainly remember you many times through each day as your lovely photo is in a place of honour in our kitchen. You were both the best of guests. Thank you. And thanks for helping to refer guests to QL from "down under".

All the best. We do hope you will return in the near future. B&W

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is the fourth time we have stayed at QL and everytime is a treat. It is like staying with family, such warmth and hospitality! We looked forward to breakfast every morning, I kept eating the blueberry pancakes until my wife made me stop, they were that good. It is a beautiful old home, impeccably maintained and really comfortable. Our room was huge, with a very comfortable bed and a lovely sitting area with electric fireplace and tv. The unique antique bathroom is charming. Overall one of our best B&B experiences in Ontario. We look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
BW T, Owner at Queens Landing Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear W&S, you are always welcome at QL. Thanks for bring others to our B&B as future guests. It is always a pleasure having you return. Have a great summer. Brian

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at Queens Landing on an extended business trip and the experience has converted me to B&Bs. The rooms, house and general ambiance made you feel like you were somewhere you know well and like being at, a bit like visiting a favorite relative’s house. This feeling when supplemented by Brian and Wilma’s welcoming and inclusive manner, their friendly advice and extensive knowledge of the local attractions, made what would have been a long hard slog away from my family into a wonderful visit that I could share with them when I arrived home. From lots of photos of the wildlife in the back yard to amazing scenes of the Grand River from trails I wouldn’t have explored without the advice of Brian. I know I went to Kitchener for work but strangely I feel like I managed to have a holiday at the same time. My daughter is insisting that she comes with me next time and we have to stay with the Skippers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
BW T, Owner at Queens Landing Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Hello MO, 18 days with you was a pleasure. You too would win an award as a great guest. We had some good time and await your return to continue our friendship. Thanks for the lovely review. I am sure others will appreciate your reflection on QL. Stay well. B&W

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have stayed with Brian and Wilma twice now and will always stay with them when in the area. We love their hospitality, their home and Wilma's food! Breakfast is always such a treat and she makes the best omelettes that I have had! We feel like old friend already and we are looking forward to our next visit - I have family in the area. The rooms, we have now stayed in two of the three, are fantastic. The beds are very comfortable and the entire house is spotless. Brian and Wilma have maintained their home beautifully and have preserved the near century old details throughout. Being an old house painter and paperhanger, I marvel at the wall coverings for capturing the period of the home and the craftsmanship in hanging it. The natural wood trim is in terrific condition and the warmth it adds to the home is only surpassed by the attention of Brian and Wilma. They love people. It showed from the first moment we arrived. All I can say is stay with Brian and Wilma - your stay will be wonderful.

Room Tip: They are all terrific! Two have en-suites and the third a large private bath across the hall.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William155004
Queenslanding, Owner at Queens Landing Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you B&W. Hey, I didn't know you knew how to wall paper. This gives me ideas for your next visit. Just kidding! All the best and thanks again for the fine review. Guest sure love Wilma's cooking. No wonder I am so content. Brian

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business and couldn't have asked for a warmer reception and a better place to stay. The Skipper's are awesome hosts- very knowledgeable about the area and they know all the good places to eat - we loved Brian's recommendation of The Boat House down at the park. The room we stayed in was very nice and cozy - and even though it faced the street extremely quiet. Although we did not have an ensuite bath that didn't matter, our bath was right across the hall and it was very large and had everything we needed. The breakfasts are out of this world (Wilma is an AWESOME cook - her blueberry pancakes rock)- very yummy with a lot of variety - and the fresh fruit is fabulous. The location of Queens Landing is very convenient to downtown, both universities, shopping, and major highways. There are many areas around the B & B you can walk - and a lot of beautiful historic houses. Queen's Landing is immaculately kept, so clean and comfortable. We especially love the little sun room with the TV, recliner and couches - and spent a lot of our free time there. I travel very frequently on business and love staying at B & Bs - and have now found my home away from home in Waterloo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Queenslanding, Owner at Queens Landing Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

M & S thank you for the lovely review. Good to see you are a significant reviewer on Trip Advisor. I use reviews like yours to pick my restaurants, B&B's and attractions when travelling.

Thanks so much for the kind words. We surely enjoyed having you and S stay with us. We would lover to have you both back anytime. The lazy boy chair awaits you. Brian & Wilma

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I frequently travel for work, and hotels can be very draining. The water is too hard, the air too dry, the food mediocre, not too mention that you end up feeling isolated. As well, I generally have a tough time sleeping from hall noise, street noise, thin walls, and don't even get me started on slamming doors! A colleague referred me to Queen's Landing and let me tell you, this has been a game changer. It's literally a home away from home. You will have the most restful sleep EVER! The sheets are SO SOFT and comfortable, you'll feel like you're on vacation instead of away for work. The hospitality is incredible! Brian and Wilma will make you feel at ease, and they are there for a friendly chat and a bit of socializing, but if you prefer, you can just relax in your room. Even though these things are amazing, the icing on the cake is the food. Imagine the BEST COOKING you could ever think of, and that's what you'll get every single day. I'm not even sure what my favourite breakfast is because they are all amazing. Ricotta and apple stuffed french toast, Scottish pancakes, breakfast crepes...all served with piping hot coffee, homemade breads, homemade preserves, fresh juice and fruit. No hotel will ever give you that authentic home cooking feeling like Brian and Wilma have done in their B&B. Whatever Wilma does in the kitchen is absolute magic! I can't stress this enough. You're probably reading this and thinking -it can't be that good?, well IT IS. The best breakfasts ever, EVERY DAY. Whether you're vacationing or travelling for work, this is a must try. I can't wait to go away for work again!

Room Tip: I've stayed in all the rooms; the beds are all super comfy. The rooms are all quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Queenslanding, Owner at Queens Landing Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you TC, Your visit was so much fun. Wilma and I really appreciate the relationships that are developed with guest like yourself. So much fun to be with and appreciative as well. We will be looking forward to your return trip. Your review was wonderful. Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Best Western Plus Cambridge Hotel
#3 of 8 in Kitchener
No photo provided
HB Guest Home
#3 of 6 in Waterloo
Boardwalk Homes Executive Guest Houses & SUITES!

Been to Queens Landing Guest House B&B? Share your experiences!