$105
$93
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$73
$62
$76
Embassy Motel(Kitchener)
$60
$96
$86
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

Victoria Motel(Kitchener)
$55
$99
Mayflower Motel(Kitchener)
$57
All reviewsbeautiful hotelcoffee culturehotel is newly renovatedbarber shopmunicipal lotdowntown kitchenercoffee stationstir sticksmodern fixturesfront deskpublic parkingcocktail loungeberlin restaurantpaper baghandwritten notecoffee groundslocally roasted coffee
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Great reception area, and bar on first floor. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. The room was fine, lovely bathroom, comfortable bed. The coffee was a bit rubbish...think I had a duff sachet or something. The breakfast was very civilized. All in all a pretty decent place in the center of Kitchener.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Domini B, General Manager at The Walper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Hello Hove_Windsurfer,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Walper Hotel. We take great pride in our coffee and have selected a process that is intended to capture this, so I am disappointed to hear that it was not up to your expectations.
We look forward to the next opportunity to host you and to wowing you with the coffee.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Parking was very inconvenient. The parking lot is across a main road and you have to carry your luggage across this road. Resturant was outside the hotel in another building. Room telephone could not make an outside phone call, had to use main office phone.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Hello Frank I,
Thank you for your feedback regarding The Walper Hotel.
With a construction year of 1893, parking was not a consideration at the time when The Walper Hotel was built.
We are fortunate now to have a great parking lot less than 100 metres from the hotel, and to supplement this, we offer an unloading area, as well as valet service to minimize the hassle.
We appreciate your concerns with regards to the restaurant, and we are currently working on potential solutions for better connecting these two spaces.
I will pass on your feedback to our ambassadors, and appreciate you taking the time to outline your concerns. We are invested in constant improvement and your feedback helps us to identify opportunities for improvement.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

The bed and pillows where very comfortable. The room was clean. The view was of another building. For a place to sleep it was nice. We stayed for 2 nights, they only give you coffee/tea for your room for 1night. The hotel restaurant was nice. The food was good. Price was about average. We walked around the hotel in the evening and there did not seem to have much around. We were charged for parking, the garage across the street....so no free parking..

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear Les55_11
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding The Walper Hotel. As a downtown location, we do not have onsite free parking, however we are fortunate to have a great lot directly across from the hotel.
We appreciate your feedback regarding your coffee supplies not being replenished which we will share with our team, as well as your comments on the restaurant and surrounding area, which continues to grow and evolve.
On your next stay, I would encourage you to note your preferences as every one of our 92 guest rooms is distinct and we would love to choose one that best fits the experience you're looking for - whether a different view, or a different layout.
Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again when next you are in Kitchener.

Regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2017

I'm not sure what I expected in Kitchener but this hotel clearly exceeded my expectations. The place is beautifully designed and extremely clean. The staff was awesome and friendly and incredibly willing to help with anything I needed. I found the room to be comfortable as well.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Nate L

Dear Nate L,
Thank you for your feedback following your stay at The Walper.
I'm delighted to hear that you were (surprisingly) pleased with your time with us!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again when next you are in Kitchener.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Checked in late last night, modern ambience to the recepion, friendly staff. Room decent size, nice modern and clean.
Nice touch with paper bag with coffee in (but I don't like coffee first thing).

However missing toilet paper in the bathroom means lack of detail. And the stylish bathroom is quite impractical to fit even the smallest of travel bags.

Bed is large, but seems very soft (heaven for some people, but not with my back).

Worst of all woken around 7:00 with the sound of drilling and maintenance work. After 30 minutes I called from desk complain. Noise stopped until 7:54. Guess I won't have a lie in after all.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Stephen C,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at The Walper Hotel.

I'm sorry to hear that your rest was disrupted by the maintenance work you reference. I can appreciate that this would detract from a restful morning, and I would like to assure you that this is certainly not our standard.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, I encourage you to contact me directly by phone or e-mail, 519-745-8471 or gm@walper.com.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.