“Hit or miss...”

Radisson Hotel Kitchener
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel 5 or 6 times in the past two years and have had some great stays and some not so great stays... This latest one had me on the 12th floor, great view but the room itself left much to be desired. The room was split into two main areas, living room and bedroom. The bedroom is really cramped, I'd rather an open concept. The TV's are CRT's which could be updated to LCD's which I had during my last stay. I found a bottle of shampoo in the tub from the previous guest and some bottled water in the fridge, attention to detail is lacking a bit here...

Plus: Del Dente & Charcoals Room Service, Lobby Breakfast, Free Internet

Cons: Room Cleanliness, Outdated Suites, Cramped Bedroom

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank exercitus
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Kitchener

Reviewed June 3, 2010

This hotel was nice and well-maintained. Our room was on the corner so it had a nice walkway between the door and the room area - good for keeping out noise from the hall. The room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable. Lots of space to move around and to keep luggage. Free internet access was included and there is a computer and printer available downstairs (printing was free there). Also liked the complimentary apples in the basket in the lobby. One thing I didn't like was the loud air conditioner though.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This was a very pleasant experience following one that was quite ordinary .. a comment following our last stay met with great results ..the staff was first class and the accommodation was everything we could expect .. the convenience of location ( our daughter is just around the corner) led to our initial stay, but the amenities and consideration shown us would be enough to tend us to return

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a cheerleading competition in early March. The staff at this hotel are wonderful. When we checked in we went to our room and although it was a non-smoking room it did smell of smoke. We called down to the front desk and within ten minutes they had sent someone up to check it out and had us moved to another floor. They were efficient and friendly and there was no problem getting the room switched. Room was clean and quite large, we had a one bedroom suite, washroom had double sinks and a large shower/tub combo. Bed was very comfortable and the linens were a very nice quality. Breakfast in the morning was a hot buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon, made to order waffles, potatoes, pastries, juice, coffee, tea and was included with the price of the room. There are nice restaurants attached to the hotel for dinner or lunch. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2010

My Family Stayed here over Christmas . The front desk was very pleasant. The rooms were very clean. Loved the sleep number beds. When we arrived at the hotel on Christmas eve when entered our room there was a Christmas card and a Christmas goodie bag there for us. This hotel is also pet friendly we brought along or dog and there was a goodie bag of treats in the room for him also i was impressed they keep all pets on one floor , we slept all night with nou interruptions from any animals barking or making noises. Didn't have a chance to check out the pool or any other things around the hotel. mall , lots of resturants with in walking distance. I will stay here again..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2009

The hotel was o.k. The rooms were clean and relatively comfortable, but nothing to write home about. The rates were pretty high, but then again, we visited Kitchener as it hosted a major event.

The problem I had with the hotel was the parking, or lack thereof. Hotel staff were not available to assist. We had no problems finding parking during our first two nights' stay, but the second two nights - on the weekend -- were a nightmare. Talking with other guests in the parking lot and elevator, we learned that we were not alone in our difficulties locating and wiggling into a parking space -- and I have a small car!

Should I visit Kitchener again, I will not stay at the Radisson.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I spent four nights at the Radisson and have to saythat overall, I was quite satisfied. The hotel is friendly, clean and well-located (there are a lot of shopping and eating places nearby). The staff is peasant and helpful, particularly Housekeeping. I was thrilled to get a Hotwire rate 0f $62/night which I'd classify as a real bargain. My King room was lovely--the only negative was that it seemed crammed with bulky furniture. Perhaps replacing the giant-sized club chair and ottoman with something smaller would help. While the positives outweigh the negatives, I have two complaints. First, they really need to do something about their towels--they were absolutely the roughest towels I've ever encountered in a hotel of this caliber (or any caliber). In fact, and I'm not trying to be facetious, one morning I rubbed my face a little too hard with one and it started to bleed! My second issue is the Breakfast Buffet. It was proced at $7.99 for the Continental and I believe $9.99 for the hot . Based on the set-up of the breakfast room and the type of food available, it seemed that this was once a free breakfast buffet and now the hotel is charging for it. I ate there each moring based on convenience, and it was fine, but it was really not worth the money.

One other plus are the restaurants that are adjacent to the hotel (in fact, you can access them without even going into the street). There is a bar, an Italian restaurant, and a steakhouse. We ate in the Italian (Del Dente) and steakhouse (Charcoal Grill). Both were good choices but the Charcoal Grill was a standout, even for non-meat choices.

All in all, a great find if you can get this hotel on Hotwire.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#4 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Radisson Hotel Kitchener? Share your experiences!