$74
  • Pool
$73
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewssleep numbercharcoal steakhouseroom was cleannice hotelroom servicebreakfast buffetfairview mallwould highly recommend this hotelgreat place to stayparking lotone night staylittle priceynice staygreat roomwafflesfridge and microwaveoff the highway
Reviewed November 27, 2009

The hotel was o.k. The rooms were clean and relatively comfortable, but nothing to write home about. The rates were pretty high, but then again, we visited Kitchener as it hosted a major event.

The problem I had with the hotel was the parking, or lack thereof. Hotel staff were not available to assist. We had no problems finding parking during our first two nights' stay, but the second two nights - on the weekend -- were a nightmare. Talking with other guests in the parking lot and elevator, we learned that we were not alone in our difficulties locating and wiggling into a parking space -- and I have a small car!

Should I visit Kitchener again, I will not stay at the Radisson.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I spent four nights at the Radisson and have to saythat overall, I was quite satisfied. The hotel is friendly, clean and well-located (there are a lot of shopping and eating places nearby). The staff is peasant and helpful, particularly Housekeeping. I was thrilled to get a Hotwire rate 0f $62/night which I'd classify as a real bargain. My King room was lovely--the only negative was that it seemed crammed with bulky furniture. Perhaps replacing the giant-sized club chair and ottoman with something smaller would help. While the positives outweigh the negatives, I have two complaints. First, they really need to do something about their towels--they were absolutely the roughest towels I've ever encountered in a hotel of this caliber (or any caliber). In fact, and I'm not trying to be facetious, one morning I rubbed my face a little too hard with one and it started to bleed! My second issue is the Breakfast Buffet. It was proced at $7.99 for the Continental and I believe $9.99 for the hot . Based on the set-up of the breakfast room and the type of food available, it seemed that this was once a free breakfast buffet and now the hotel is charging for it. I ate there each moring based on convenience, and it was fine, but it was really not worth the money.

One other plus are the restaurants that are adjacent to the hotel (in fact, you can access them without even going into the street). There is a bar, an Italian restaurant, and a steakhouse. We ate in the Italian (Del Dente) and steakhouse (Charcoal Grill). Both were good choices but the Charcoal Grill was a standout, even for non-meat choices.

All in all, a great find if you can get this hotel on Hotwire.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I stayed here for a week whilst on business in Kitchener.
I had a standard room with 2 queen beds and it was fine.
The room was cleaned every day, bathroom was plenty big enough, with a large vanity area. Well, large compared to European hotels, anyway. I don't know how it compares to North American hotels.
Staff were polite, friendly and helpful, giving me advice on where to go in the evenings if I asked.
Continental Breakfast was included in my rate and was quite good. Enough choice between toast, pastries, cereal, fruit, yoghurt and muffins. I usually had toast. There is no restaurant in the hotel, only the breakfast room. There is room service available from the italian opposite, but you get more choice by walking the 20 feet and sitting in the restuarant.

There is a pool and small gym in the hotel, looked ok but I didn't use them.

I didn't get on with the Sleep Number bed - couldn't find a comfortable setting, but I always have trouble sleeping in beds that aren't mine.

Free WiFi and wired Internet connection in the room was appreciated.

The restuarants across the way were very nice, obviously get lots of business from the hotels in the area as they didn't bat an eye at a single patron.
Good food in both, the italian had reasonable prices, the steak house a bit more expensive.

There's a Wal-Mart and a Shopping Mall within walking distance, open till 8 or 9pm on week days. Not much else within easy walking distance, though there is a bus stop outside the hotel that will get you to Downtown, though there's not much there either. A car is really needed to get anywhere in Kitchener & Waterloo.

Overall, a reasonable hotel, good for business travellers, with friendly staff.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed at the Radisson while visiting the Stratford Festival. The hotel was easy to find and very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we found our way to Stratford with their help. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The only thing that we didn't like was that we were out at a play late into the evening and wished that the hotel had longer pool hours (and a hot tub). I couldn't get the wireless Internet to connect to my laptop, but there was a wired port that I used instead. Altogether it was a great experience, and I would stay at the Radisson again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights while travelling for work in June of 2008. It was a great place to stay - exceptionally clean room, great breakfast buffet in the morning, and the sleep number bed was fantastic. Nice linens on the bed that were nicer than most hotels. I stayed on the 9th floor and had a good view of the city. Restaurant next door in the parking lot is good. The room was very quiet and is a good place to stay for business travelers. The only thing is that the hotel is built on a bit of a hill - the parking lot continues down a steep slope. We made the mistake of lugging suitcases and laptop bags up this hill - park your car by the door first and unload your luggage there before parking. It made for quite the workout. Other than that, a very nice hotel and would recommend to anyone, for business or leisure.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business