“Room 602; home away from home.”

Radisson Hotel Kitchener
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Rhode Island
“Room 602; home away from home.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at this property for 3 days for a business trip. I felt right at home in a very comfortable roomy suite. The location was accessible for all my traveling requirements; the morning breakfast buffet was decent, the room was clean, the staff welcoming and very friendly, the parking convenient and complimentary. There are good restaurant choices minutes away. When I travel to the area again for business, this WILL be my choice for a hotel stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jash M, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello DaveEB310

Thank you very much for your comment. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and everything is meeting to your expectations. The room you stayed in was our Jr. Suite room. Charcoal has 3 restaurants in the same plaza. We will be more then happy to assist you on your second visit if you have any questions and thrilled to serve you in future.

Thank you very much again for lovely comment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a great hotel! Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly front desk staff (Jash) - ordered a taxi cab for us! Breakfast was good and hot to serve. The room was clean and every detail was attended to by the housekeepers - even had towel art on the bed. The attention to details in this hotel makes me think that they are well managed compared to some of the neighboring hotels! Def. get what you pay for here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wiseman360
Jash M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear wiseman360

Thank you very much for your time for this lovely comments. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to meet guests needs. We will be thrilled to see you back to our property. Thank you very much for lovely comment.
La Riviere, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I, along with our dog Chummy stayed at the Radisson Kitchener while visiting family during the Thanksgiving/Oktoberfest weekend. Our room with a King bed was very clean and comfortable, and suited our needs perfectly. We found the Sleep Number bed to be very comfortable once we adjusted it properly. Only a five minute drive to my sister-in-law's house! Our pet was made very welcomed and she enjoyed her very first stay in a hotel! We look forward to visiting again for our nieces wedding next year. : )

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DeborahQS
Dear Deborah S

Thank you very much for lovely comment. We are thrilled to having you in future with Chummy. Our team work very hard to meet our guests requests and needs.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on October 19th. We were in town for Oktoberfest. When we first walked into the lobby it smelled like chlorine. The hotel and rooms are clean but we found the sleep number bed very uncomfortable and for this reason we would not stay at the Radisson again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TAC499
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear
TAC499

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We work very hard to meet guests needs. Thank you very much for comments about cleanliness. Our pool located on lobby area so when you enter you can smell the pool. We do have one floor with non sleep number beds and it can be requested at the front desk. On you second visit please let us know and we will make sure assign your room on non sleep number bed.

If you have any further questions then do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more then happy to help you out.
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had to stay for an entire week at Kitchener for business, it is one of the best options in town with no doubt, attention is awesome, they will take very good care of you, from check-in to check-out, the rooms are very comfortable, it is easy to drive to any place from there, and you got many stores near by, got 3 terrific restaurants just in front of the hotel too, which I also highly recommend for family, romantic or business meetings, so you will be able to go and enjoy food and a great selection of wines with no restrictions, getting back by a 3 minute walk to your room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear
marcog612

Thank you very much for your comment. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as Charcoal restaurant. Our team work very hard to provide you comfortable stay. Our professional team are ready to accommodate you.

We will look forward to serving you in future.

Mississauga, ON
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Not a good stay. In town for Oktoberfest. Just looking for place to stay while in town for the festivities. Things started poorly when they messed up on the type of room we wanted. I booked via the Radisson booking line. Asked for a room with two beds. When we got there, the front desk staff were not very friendly, didn't smile, and were not very accommodating. The first room they gave us was on the 6th floor. It had only one bed. We went down and requested a room with two beds. It was on the 7th floor this time. They mentioned there might be a slight smell of smoke, but that the hotel was now smoke free and they had deodorized the rooms. When we stepped out of the elevator the smell of smoke/nicotine hit us like a wall. Was very overpowering.

We asked about breakfast, which was not included. You had to pay $7 per person extra for it. Whatever, most good hotels like Hampton, Holiday Inn or Hilton hotels do not charge anything, as it is complimentary! Very poor taste to not comp breakfast.

Upon checking out, I found out they put a $75 charge on my credit card for incidentals. It takes 5 business days to come off my card?

Stay away from this dump and do yourself a favour and book with a more professional hotel which is dedicated to its customers.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, book with Holiday Inn or Hilton.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank putzboy
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear putzboy

I am so sorry to hear about this issue. This is not our usual services. We work very hard to meet guests requests. I am unable to check your reservation information because I don't see your reservation made name.

All property has different way to run business and breakfast situation. We do pre-authorize $75 per night and it depends on individual credit card company to get that back to your account. We do release that amount as soon as guests check out from our system. This is standard procedure in hotel industry.

If you have any further questions then do not hesitate to contact me on 519-894-9500 ext. 106 and I will be more then happy to help you out.
Cape Town
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel's location is on the southern edge of Kitchener - so, not terribly central. It has ample parking though and is within walking distance of a large mall. It is on a fairly busy road, so if you are a light sleeper, I'd recommend ear plugs.

The rooms are comfortable, but not luxurious. I understand the hotel is going to be renovated later this year, so perhaps this will change.

The front of house staff are friendly and efficient and the staff in the breakfast room are wonderful. I am sure they have a lot of people passing through, but by the second day the one lady knew who I was. The restaurants associated with the hotel are very good and do a lot of local, non-hotel trade.

There is a small gym and pool, but be warned they are over-looked by the breakfast room, so if you are shy...

Overall - a no-frills, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: 7th floor seems to be the pet floor. I was put into one of these rooms, which was fine for me as I w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MJBCapeTown
Samantha W, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear,
MJB Cape Town

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay as well as breakfast. We work very hard to meet guest needs. On guests request we will try to assign the room off the road so light sleeper don't get disturb and I would like to apologies if you had to face this issue.

Please contact us on your second visit to assign the room off the road and we will try our best to accommodate your request. If you have any questions then do not hesitate to contact me.

Jash Manani
Guest Services Manager
519-894-9500 ext. 106
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener
Delta Hotels Waterloo
#2 of 9 in Waterloo

Been to Radisson Hotel Kitchener? Share your experiences!