“Perfectly fine hotel for business and leisure trips”

Radisson Hotel Kitchener
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Cape Town
“Perfectly fine hotel for business and leisure trips”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel's location is on the southern edge of Kitchener - so, not terribly central. It has ample parking though and is within walking distance of a large mall. It is on a fairly busy road, so if you are a light sleeper, I'd recommend ear plugs.

The rooms are comfortable, but not luxurious. I understand the hotel is going to be renovated later this year, so perhaps this will change.

The front of house staff are friendly and efficient and the staff in the breakfast room are wonderful. I am sure they have a lot of people passing through, but by the second day the one lady knew who I was. The restaurants associated with the hotel are very good and do a lot of local, non-hotel trade.

There is a small gym and pool, but be warned they are over-looked by the breakfast room, so if you are shy...

Overall - a no-frills, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: 7th floor seems to be the pet floor. I was put into one of these rooms, which was fine for me as I w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MJBCapeTown
Samantha W, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear,
MJB Cape Town

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay as well as breakfast. We work very hard to meet guest needs. On guests request we will try to assign the room off the road so light sleeper don't get disturb and I would like to apologies if you had to face this issue.

Please contact us on your second visit to assign the room off the road and we will try our best to accommodate your request. If you have any questions then do not hesitate to contact me.

Jash Manani
Guest Services Manager
519-894-9500 ext. 106

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I reserved the king suite for 2 nights (first night 144$ 2nd night 146$). Check in was good. Very nice lady (wish I could remember her name). Got to my floor, smelled great and looked clean. Opened the door to my room.. work desk right in front of the door. Room was clean. There was a living room type area with couch. The TV was situated in a way that you could not relax on the couch and watch TV. The bathroom was very long with 2 sinks and a regular size tub with shower. The bed was way to big for the bedroom. I am not a big sized person and I still could not walk to the other side of the bed, I had to turn side ways and shimmy over lol
My first night I was hungry and just wanted to relax in my room, I drove a long way. I decided to order some room service. The menu was very confusing and I had to call twice to ask questions about it. Once I figured out that I can order off of both menu's I was good to go. I order the jumbo prawn shrimp cocktail, the brushetta, and a french onion soup. I also ordered a bottle of white wine. The food came quite quickly and I was happy about that.. my happiness was quickly replaced with shock and complete disappointment. My total was 73.00$ (shock).. I wanted to tell her to take the food back but I didn't want to be rude so I just paid her ..
Now here is where the disappointment comes in..
My food was sitting on the desk. 4 medium sized shrimp laying there on a large white plate with a blob of cocktail sauce and a slice of lemon. 2 pizza slices of their style of brushetta and a decent looking french onion soup. It was not visually appealing to say the least and I was no longer looking forward to eating this, but I was hungry...
I started to eat the soup and it was decent. I picked up a warm floppy shrimp and went to take a bite and there was a very strong seafood odour and the tails looked kind of green..I just couldn't eat it.. I spit out my bite. took a drink of wine.. Time to try the brushetta.. I tried to pick one up but it was stuck to the plate they were on and it was very heavy ..
I moved back to the soup and the wine.. but now the soup is getting cold causing the cheese to just become one big chunk.. good wine!
In the end, I didn't touch the shrimp.. I ate not even half of 1 slice of brushetta with a fork and knife because I couldn't pick it up and most of the soup until it was no longer edible.
But, I did drink the wine!! - it was not their house wine.
On friday evening I decided I would like to stay 1 more night and called the front desk. The guy on the phone said the room I was in was booked Saturday evening. Ok not much I can do about that.. so I ask if there is another room and he said there were no more suites available but I can get a standard room for 185$. Now I am not a cheapy type person especially when it comes to where I am going to sleep and shower.. but this Hotel is not worth 185$ a night.
So, I called another Hotel (review coming for this very nice and accommodating hotel) not to far from this one and spoke to a very nice gentleman who was happy to have me as a guest in their hotel. I reserved a standard room 40$ cheaper with a free breakfast :)
I will be visiting Kitchener a few times in 2014 and won't be a guest at Radisson Hotel

Room Tip: king suites are nice. but the bed is way to big for the bedroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JMthetraveler
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hi JennyMay519,

I am so sorry that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. We pride ourselves in offering excellence in customer service and I apologize that this was not the case for you. I will follow up in regards to your room service order with the restaurant and I will also bring your comments to the attantion of the Front Desk Team. Again I do apologize and I hope that you will stay with us once again in the future and allow us the opportunity to "wow" you.
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I was in town briefly and needed a hotel. I got a great deal and the hotel was very pet friendly. Even gave my dog a little bag of treats. I was placed on the pet floor. The floor and the room were very clean. I never would have known it was a pet room if they didn't tell me. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013
Samantha W, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Jillybackpack

Thank you very much for your comment. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to say that we do welcome our faithful friend to our property and treat as family. We always arrange pet friendly room on request. Our team work very hard to meet guests requirements.

Thank you for your lovely comment and I shall see you in future some time.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The check in was speedy, and the people there were nice. The room was very clean, and comfortable, and room service was very good! My sleep was comfortable however; I woke up with a rash covering my entire body and even my face! I was so embarrassed that I could not even go to the front desk to approach them about it. I am missing work because of it! I will not be staying here again, nor do I recommend it. I wrote to the hotel of my complaint, and they only sent me a generic response saying that they were sorry about my issues. You'd THINK they'd offer a discount or a refund for my anguish!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure the blankets are washed...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Blaq2013
Dear Sir/Madam

I am so sorry to hear that you had this issue. We work very hard to meet guests requirements. This is not usual issue in our property. I would like to apologies from our all team. However I haven't heard anything from our housekeeping team or any guest who stayed with us. We have non-feather bedding available in our property but it has to requested before arrival. Our team will be more then happy to make your stay very comfortable.
Kitchener, ON
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband & I checked into the Radisson on Friday, August 23rd to stay the night after our wedding reception. I had indicated when I booked online that it was for the night of our wedding and when I got to the front desk to check in I was extremely surprised to find out we had been upgraded to a business suite on the top floor....a definite plus! The room was extremely spacious, the bathroom especially....would have been nicer to stay more then 1 night. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and pleasant. We did have a problem with the bed and some stray hairs that were left behind but when I called the front desk, they sent up a housekeeper right away to change all the bedding. Also, the bed was a sleep # bed and it did not work but oh well, can't complain for a free upgrade.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson, the staff definitely helped make the stay pleasant. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the Kitchener area.

Room Tip: Business suite rooms come with a sleep # bed!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Bahamasgirl82,

Thank you for your kind words and congratulations on your marriage!!
I am very happy to hear that we not only met but exceeded your expectations!
Perhaps we will see you on your first anniversary!!
St. Catharines
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and purchased the Bingemans water park package. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a good location with Fairway Rd. right there which has everything as far as restaurants, stores, malls ect. goes. As for the room, it was very clean and pretty modern looking. It wasn't overly fancy or luxurious but it has everything you need. The free breakfast was very good, probably one of the better breakfasts I've had at a hotel. Overall, it was a good stay and would stay here again and also recommend it to anyone planning on staying in Kitchener.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CdnSoxBruinsFan
Hi CdnSoxBruinsFan!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting Bingemans Water Park! We are fortunate that our location allows us such close proximity to so many area amenities. I hope that you will be our guest once again when you are in the Kitchener/Waterloo area!
Timmins, Ontario Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked with the radisson as it was close to the two attractions that we wanted to go to this summer. Upon arrival greeted by two young gentlemen very helpful, quite knowledgeable, and very pleasant. We booked a king suite with sofa bed, perfect for travelling with small children. It was great complete with private bedroom with a door, which is great with young kids....the washroom was huge, double sink so nothing really seemed crowded it the washroom or the room for that matter. The kids complained about the size of the pool(which was big enough and it served the purpose) they offered amazing deals, the first day we paid $209/night which included 4 tickets to the African lion Safari, which was amazing, also a full breakfast for the four of us....the second night was also $209/night and that gave us 4 tickets to the Bingemans water park which was also very fun kids were amazed and had a great time...and this also included breakfast for the four of us as well. The third night we received a discounted price of $109/night which included the full breakfast for the four of us. I would highly recommend this hotel, close to everything you need while you are on holiday's. very clean, great staff and extremely affordable, great free parking, very close to major highway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi rafflinaberlin!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very lucky that we are so close to some great summer attractions such as Bingemans and African Lion Safari!
I hope to see you again soon!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener
Delta Hotels Waterloo
#2 of 9 in Waterloo

Been to Radisson Hotel Kitchener? Share your experiences!