Radisson Hotel Kitchener
$66
$57
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssleep numbercharcoal steakhouseroom was cleannice hotelbreakfast buffetfairview mallgreat place to staywould highly recommend this hotelparking lotnice stayone night staylittle priceygreat roomwafflesbusiness tripoff the highwayfridge and microwave
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I really want to like this hotel because I need a good dog friendly place in Kitchener Waterloo...and the Radisson is a pretty good location for my needs. I have stayed 3 times trying to give it a chance and trying to believe that it was just the room i had. Nope...this place does not meet my needs for a good sleep. Not by any means.
Maybe they're old, but the sleep number beds just don't do it for me. It's as though you are sleeping on a board with an inflatable air mattress on top. Simply horrible. I could not find a comfortable setting.
It is also really noisy...and I mean every flush of toilet, every tap turned on...plus the echoing noise from hallways and (I swear) even the lobby!
I stayed in a dog friendly room and I think they forgot to vacuum...and I can tell you with authority that the last dog was a black one with some white in its fur!
I am certain that some investment into real mattresses and into sound proofing and new plumbing would make this a great place. In the past, it has been a good hotel and it's right next to fantastic restaurants.
For now, though, I will have to keep searching.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank travelteachOntario
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hi travelteachOntario!

Thank you so much for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. As a pet owner myself I too love the fact that we are pet friendly! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our sleep numbers beds. For any fututre visits please know that we do have an entire floor of rooms that boast a regular mattress for those guests who prefer them. I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to have you be our guest. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Over the Christmas holiday, we spent three nights here. As On our past visits we would recommend this hotel. Vey clean, great staff, comfortable beds and pillows.
The buffet breakfast is no longer complimentary, but they are holding the line on room rates. All in all, great value..

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to hear that you spent some of the holidays with us! I hope that 2013 will bring you back for your fourth visit!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

You can tell from the title of my review that I didn't enjoy my stay at this hotel. I have never had service so poor in my life. I have never taken the time to write a review before, but my stay was so awful I have to warn people to stay somewhere else instead of this horrible hotel. This hotel needs an overhaul in management, front line staff and furniture/décor. This hotel is a poor excuse of a Carlson property and should be renamed to “Hotel Crapola! “ From the check-in it went all down hill. I check in about 9pm at night and the ladies at the front desk were complaining in front of me about their hours, management and their GM. I laughed at them and said maybe they shouldn’t talk about that stuff in front of paying customers, and one girl just gave me a horrible look and hardly spoke after that. On purpose she gave me a room that was awful, there was garbage on the floor, the bedding was all wrinkled and the tub had hair in it. I tried to switch rooms but the girl said it’s all they had left. I slept in my clothes that night on top of the sheets and cranked the heat… In the morning the water pressure the heating for the shower was not working properly, when I mentioned it to the housekeeper she laughed at me and said I guess everyone was taking showers the same time this morning. Breakfast was a poor excuse of offering something hot or cold… really untidy buffet and not enough people to keep up with the mass of people eating in the morning. I left the area and went back to my room. Although the coffee was great! I couldn’t take the mess of this hotel and I went back to my room to pack and go to another hotel. Upon check out the gentlemen asked me how my stay was and why I was leaving early, I said I have a horrible night and I wanted to go to another hotel that was more accommodating, he said “Sorry” and gave me my bill. These people need some sort of customer service training; there is no 100% guarantee at this hotel like promised! What they didn’t know is I bring many groups to the area for training, and there will be no way the Radisson will ever get any of my/companies business.
On another note, I jumped ship and went to stay at the Best Western across the street for the rest of the week. It was nice and simple but I slept well and their customer service was amazing.
Hope you find this review helpful when making your accommodations in the Kitchener/Waterloo area.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here At All!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Alicia M
Carlson Hotels C, Corporate Customer Care at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to make each and every stay at any of our hotels a memorable experience for our guests. We apologize your stay was not as expected. Once again we keep all of our hotels to very high standards and we can assure you if you are willing to give us another chance we will make it right for you. Feel free to contact our customer care agents and we will be more than happy to discuss this with you.

Once again thank you for bringing your concerns to us.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Main complaint is that the bed wasn't all that it promised to be- it was supposed to be adjustable softness for each half, and the remote for that didn't work. The bed was also extremely squeaky, so did not get much sleep at all, as it woke me up with every turn.
Breakfast was reasonable- usual buffet style. I originally wanted the 'order from the menu' one, but the hostess at the entrance to the breakfast area did not seem to speak English, so I was forced to go where she pointed me to and join the gaggle of people. The drawback was that the staff was slow to replenish the food containers, so there was quite a few times when people were awkwardly guarding their spots and waiting for more food to arrive. This should have been done much faster.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mryyz

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do pride ourselves in the level of customer service that we provide to all of our guests. I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Kitchener area that you will be our guest once again and allow us the opportunity to "wow: you.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is lovely and comfortable but even though our reservation said non-smoking we were given a room in a smoking room. The whole floor (7th floor) stunk. Even with the window open (in November) I could not stand the smell. It was overwhelming. I did complain at the front desk but was told that since we booked through Expedia at a discount rate that we had to take what they had. They had no other room. We also booked a room for our daughter and her husband with their three young children. They were also given a smoking room even though again their reservation said non-smoking. I will never do this again and will never suggest anyone else do this either.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Service at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is never comforting to be inconvenienced by the smell of smoke when you clearly wanted a non smoking and can appreciate your frustration with your stay. We work very hard to ensure we can meet the needs of all our guests, and are truly sorry that we were unable to get you guys a non smoking room.

Please know that we are very sorry about that situation and will do our very best next time to get you in the room type you desire. We hope you will give out brand another chance.
Thank you once again, and look forward to being of service.