Radisson Hotel Kitchener
$57
TripAdvisor
Kitchener Motel(Kitchener)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssleep numbercharcoal steakhouseroom was cleannice hotelbreakfast buffetfairview mallgreat place to staywould highly recommend this hotelparking lotnice stayone night staylittle priceygreat roomwafflesbusiness tripoff the highwayfridge and microwave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Main complaint is that the bed wasn't all that it promised to be- it was supposed to be adjustable softness for each half, and the remote for that didn't work. The bed was also extremely squeaky, so did not get much sleep at all, as it woke me up with every turn.
Breakfast was reasonable- usual buffet style. I originally wanted the 'order from the menu' one, but the hostess at the entrance to the breakfast area did not seem to speak English, so I was forced to go where she pointed me to and join the gaggle of people. The drawback was that the staff was slow to replenish the food containers, so there was quite a few times when people were awkwardly guarding their spots and waiting for more food to arrive. This should have been done much faster.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mryyz
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do pride ourselves in the level of customer service that we provide to all of our guests. I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Kitchener area that you will be our guest once again and allow us the opportunity to "wow: you.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is lovely and comfortable but even though our reservation said non-smoking we were given a room in a smoking room. The whole floor (7th floor) stunk. Even with the window open (in November) I could not stand the smell. It was overwhelming. I did complain at the front desk but was told that since we booked through Expedia at a discount rate that we had to take what they had. They had no other room. We also booked a room for our daughter and her husband with their three young children. They were also given a smoking room even though again their reservation said non-smoking. I will never do this again and will never suggest anyone else do this either.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Service at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is never comforting to be inconvenienced by the smell of smoke when you clearly wanted a non smoking and can appreciate your frustration with your stay. We work very hard to ensure we can meet the needs of all our guests, and are truly sorry that we were unable to get you guys a non smoking room.

Please know that we are very sorry about that situation and will do our very best next time to get you in the room type you desire. We hope you will give out brand another chance.
Thank you once again, and look forward to being of service.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is first class....sleep number bed, great linens, friendly staff, robes and slippers, real glass wear to drink out of and large flat screen tv....Love staying here and they also include a hot breakfast the next morning....make sure you stay at this hotel when staying in the Kitchener Waterloo area ...you won't regret it! plus the Charcoal steakhouse is right next door and you won't want to miss trying this great restaurant out!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit!! We would be thrilled to have you stay with us again when you are in the Kitchener area. I look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I booked a room here through one of the discount booking groups, so we already had an excellent rate but when I went to the counter I explained that it was a special anniversary for us and wondered if I would be able to upgrade. The lady at the counter immediately upgraded us and included a breakfast and a late check out for no cost!

I admit we have stayed here before so they may have noticed this on the computer, but this is exactly why we came back! I have had great experiences and have always been treated very well here.

I don't know what else I could say except that I am one happy customer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony1959_12
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hi Anthony and thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I do hope that you will choose us again when you are back in the Kitchener area. Happy Anniversary!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Housekeeping offered me beer from another room. I left it at the front desk and when I came back it was gone. Pool water was un-safe to swim in (cloudy, no clorine, etc) and when we reported it they gave us some lame excuse and never was fixed. There was loud parties going on. Smell of cigar smoke was very heavy on various floors. I could not figure out the bed and why it was so flat! The breakfast in the morning was a diasaster for some of us that tried to make waffles,,,batter was way too thin! We could have stayed at the Hamptom inn,,,wow did we miss out!

Room Tip: The best part of this hotel is the "LL" button on the elevator that takes you under the hotel to a couple of restaurants.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kicker23
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Hi Kicker23,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We do believe that any feedback that is provided by our guests, whether positive or negative, is a gift. And I do appreciate your candor in regards to the issues that you have presented. I am so sorry that we fell below your expectations and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to make it right during your next visit to Kitchener.