“Great Suite”

Radisson Hotel Kitchener
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed October 15, 2012

One bedroom suite, huge bathroom, comfortable sofa with chair and footstool, fridge and microwave...all the comforts of home! The King size bed was too big for the room, but it was a chance to try the "sleep number"...couldn't quite get the remote, but my spouse had no problem.
Other than it being the last night of Octoberfest with many preparties in the hall - we were out - only really heard the drunken kids coming back. Nice place to stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit! I do hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, that you will be our guest once again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our room on the 10th floor was lovely, spacious and totally quiet. I never quite figured out the Sleep Number bed control, but the mattress was really comfortable and the linens heavenly soft. No skimping on pillows, either. Twin sinks in the bathroom was ideal for the two of us sharing.
Breakfast was quick and the choices simple: continental buffet (cold cereals, pastries, yogurt etc) for $7.95, or a hot buffet (eggs, ham, sausage, make your own waffles!) for $9.95.
Great restaurant next door if you want a fancy dinner or a few drinks in the evening.
Would happily stay here any time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us. Our main focus is always to provide 100% satisfaction to each and every one of our guests and I am happy to hear that you left us feeling that we did just that. I look forward to repeating the great experience on your next visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Clean, friendly staff, even let us check in early as we had travelled a far distance. I didn't care for the beds as you had to adjust the comfort level with a remote control and could not adjust mine properly. But it was a wonderful place and so convenient to restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback as to your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to accomodate your early check in request. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our Sleep Number beds. Please know for any future visits that we do have an entire floor of rooms with regular mattresses for those guests who prefer them. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Checked in very late, the woman at the front desk, Sarah ( I think was her name ) was very helpful, friendly, and fast which was a major plus as it was very late and we were tired! The room was great, very clean, the bed was very comfy! Excellent hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. It is always nice to hear when one of our guests enjoys their visit. We pride ourselves not only in our level of customer service but also in the cleanliness of our hotel. We hope that you will be our guest once again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Kitchener from September 2-4 to bring my brother to University in Waterloo. The parking situation is rather quirky at this hotel, with raised parking shared with the neighboring restaurant. Once we figured it out, we entered. It was 2:37. I was told by the front desk that our room was not ready. I thought this was strange considering how close we were to check in time (3pm). We went and sat in the car for a half an hour. Once checked in we went to our room (412). Originally we were supposed to be in room 1216, and that was changed last minute (1216 was scratched off on our door cards and 412 written in its place). Room 412 was adequate and the sleep number beds are an interesting gimmick. They were comfortable to sleep in, so not sure what the fuss is in other comments here. The pool in this hotel is TINY. Maybe 10 feet wide by 24 feet long. There is no hot tub either. Rules in the pool area were not enforced while I was there (no diving, no boisterous behavior etc), so I had to endure the wrath of a few chubby 10 year old girls for an hour.

My single biggest complaint about this hotel, with all of its competitors in the area, is that if you would like to wake up in the morning and have a bagel and cream cheese and coffee in the "Continental Breakfast" area, you have to fork out $9.95. OUTRAGEOUS!

Your competitors are giving breakfast away for free! The Hampton Inn across town is even giving away DINNER for free! This is just another perk of staying in a hotel that has been taken away at this location and I wont return to a hotel that wont even give me the basics for the same price as the other guys.

Room Tip: Apparently, the higher the floor, the nicer the rooms are, Stay away from the Webster St side, very...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing 100% guest satisfaction. I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Kitchener/Waterloo area that you will be our guest once again and allow us the opportunity to "wow" you.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I liked this hotel because it was clean, quiet, there was good service and there was free coffee in the lobby. I like that the hotel had a pool even though it was a bit small. The parking was free too. The only thing i was disappointed with were the sleep number beds, they were uncomfortable and it took a long time to figure out the setting you wanted. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry that you did not like our Sleep Number Beds but please know that we do have a floor of rooms in the hotel in which the beds have regular mattresses. I do hope that you will be our guest again when your traves bring you back to the Kitchener area.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our suite was spacious and clean and quiet. The two tv's had a great picture, and the washroom was large and very clean. The extra large bed was comfortable, and the hallways were very clean. The location was handy to everything you would be looking for, and the roads to and from the hotel were easy to locate. The free breakfast was good and many hot choices were available. Overall we wer vert happy with this two night stay.

Room Tip: The suites are great and reasonably priced.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I do hope that you will stay with us again and we look forward to the opportunity to "wow" you once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Radisson Hotel Kitchener? Share your experiences!