$103
$93
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

Embassy Motel(Kitchener)
Priceline
$53
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssleep numbercharcoal steakhouseroom was cleannice hotelroom servicebreakfast buffetfairview mallwould highly recommend this hotelgreat place to stayparking lotone night staylittle priceynice staygreat roomwafflesfridge and microwaveoff the highway
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The location is convenient to the Kitchener-Waterloo area, and two good restaurants are nextdoor (a steakhouse and an Italian). The rooms are relatively small, two double beds, a small desk with a chair, but there are a coffeemaker, small fridge, and microwave. There is some sign of wear and the place is not sparkling but clean. Three levels of wireless access, the slowest is free, and there is a computer desk in the lobby with a printer, it's pretty slow. Staff is friendly and supportive. Self-service breakfast is nothing to brag about but has some variety. Pricing is interesting, about $140 for the first day and half that for the second day.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerry M
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the issues that you have presented with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I like to stay at the Hampton Inn when visiting Kitchener but it was booked solid so I booked at the Radisson on the strength of its online reviews. Check in was a breeze and the staff were polite and professional in every respect. The room was very clean including the microwave and fridge (no easy feat). I liked the swivel chair for the desk and business travellers should like this feature. I had a king size bed with the dial a number. I was skeptical at first but it seems to work okay. I had no problem with the mattress as is. For pillow lovers there a large number of bolsters and pillows to choose from even though I am quite content to have one for my one head. Furniture looked a bit old but was clean and functional. Armchair with settee was nice to have.

The bathroom was spotless and the towels fluffy and of good quality.The internet was free and available through Wifi and ethernet. however it looks like in the future there will be 3 tiers of service: free, $7.99/day and premium $14.99/day.

Despite being next to the highway, the noise wasn't a problem for me or my son.

The swimming area was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Unfortunately there is no hot tub like the Hampton Inn and the pool is chlorine instead of salt water.Towel supply was good. There are no change rooms for the pool or gym. The pool is quite small and the fitness centre is too small to really qualify as much of a gym.

Location was fine. 5 km from the Kitchener City Hall. Right off Hwy 8 and easy to get to 401. Shopping mall is very close by. It seems two of Kitchener's better restaurants, Del Dente and Charcoal Steakhouse are right next to the hotel which is very convenient. There is also a Martini bar. The restaurants' offerings are available through room service.

Overall I would still choose the Hampton Inn as a way better value because of the salt water pool, hot tub, complimentary coffee/tea in the lobby and breakfast buffet. Staff are excellent and well trained at both locations. Both are very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank condo6290

On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the issues you have brought forward with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I really enjoyed the Radisson. The desk people and housekeeping staff always says hello and are very helpful. My room cleaner even left me Lindor truffles, made my day when I got back to my room:). The location is great if you like to shop - you are right across from the Fairview Mall. It also has a great steakhouse and martini bar right next to it - which is super convenient, but there is a separation so you don't hear anything at night. They seemed to be very popular (always a good sign). I learned later that you can actually get to them through the hotel without going outside but you'll have to ask the desk. I actually like the sleep number bed, I thought it was very comfortable. Very good value, I was happy.

Room Tip: Mine was on the top floor - it was very clean and quiet - and you get a big flat screen tv:)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JetSetBlu

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. 100% customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Booked into this hotel with a business colleague on a working trip via Expedia, months before our trip. When checking in at 9 pm, I was offered a room with a King size bed instead of the booking request of 2 Queens. I was informed by the front desk supervisor that because I booked through Expedia, I was not entitled to the same consideration that their "other" guests were, who booked rooms directly with the hotel and since they had filled the hotel that night, all the rooms with 2 Queens had been given away to those "other" guests.
Big mistake - telling one guest that they were less important than others, due to the way they had booked !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bernice R
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip and I truly needed it to be just right for allowing me to relax and rest while in my room and this this hotel just did the trick.

I got an excellent rate, and I think that without a doubt it was fit for the type of services and acommodations that this hotel offers.

Do not expect luxury, but expect convenience and functionality.

The Wi-Fi service was very reliable and relatively fast (for a hotel).

The rooms are updated and have nice furniture and HD TVs.

The swimming pool is clean, well maintained but a bit small.

The fitness area is very limited (and I mean VERY), even when i wokeup at 5:30 am, all the machines (which there are 3) for cardio were used and I had to wait a lot of time to get a machine.

The other thing I didnt like was the bed, I dont like that system where you can "adjust" the softness of the bed since it feels like you are sleeping in an air mattress.

I ned to say though that the hotel was quiet, I had a pleasant stay, the staff was friendly and I would recommend this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: The top rooms tend to be the more quiet ones.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Creatto
GSMExtraordinaire, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online survey about your stay at our hotel.

At the Radisson Hotel Kitchener Waterloo we believe that feedback is a gift. As it is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our quality of service. I have placed a note on your profile that they next time you stay you would like a non-sleep number bed as we have a few at our hotel.
We hope that the next time you are in the area your travel brings you back to our hotel.