“Professional Staff and Clean Throughout”

Radisson Hotel Kitchener
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Toronto
“Professional Staff and Clean Throughout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I like to stay at the Hampton Inn when visiting Kitchener but it was booked solid so I booked at the Radisson on the strength of its online reviews. Check in was a breeze and the staff were polite and professional in every respect. The room was very clean including the microwave and fridge (no easy feat). I liked the swivel chair for the desk and business travellers should like this feature. I had a king size bed with the dial a number. I was skeptical at first but it seems to work okay. I had no problem with the mattress as is. For pillow lovers there a large number of bolsters and pillows to choose from even though I am quite content to have one for my one head. Furniture looked a bit old but was clean and functional. Armchair with settee was nice to have.

The bathroom was spotless and the towels fluffy and of good quality.The internet was free and available through Wifi and ethernet. however it looks like in the future there will be 3 tiers of service: free, $7.99/day and premium $14.99/day.

Despite being next to the highway, the noise wasn't a problem for me or my son.

The swimming area was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Unfortunately there is no hot tub like the Hampton Inn and the pool is chlorine instead of salt water.Towel supply was good. There are no change rooms for the pool or gym. The pool is quite small and the fitness centre is too small to really qualify as much of a gym.

Location was fine. 5 km from the Kitchener City Hall. Right off Hwy 8 and easy to get to 401. Shopping mall is very close by. It seems two of Kitchener's better restaurants, Del Dente and Charcoal Steakhouse are right next to the hotel which is very convenient. There is also a Martini bar. The restaurants' offerings are available through room service.

Overall I would still choose the Hampton Inn as a way better value because of the salt water pool, hot tub, complimentary coffee/tea in the lobby and breakfast buffet. Staff are excellent and well trained at both locations. Both are very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank condo6290
Samantha W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at the Radisson Hotel Kitchener/Waterloo, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience during your recent stay with us. I have addressed the issues you have brought forward with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I really enjoyed the Radisson. The desk people and housekeeping staff always says hello and are very helpful. My room cleaner even left me Lindor truffles, made my day when I got back to my room:). The location is great if you like to shop - you are right across from the Fairview Mall. It also has a great steakhouse and martini bar right next to it - which is super convenient, but there is a separation so you don't hear anything at night. They seemed to be very popular (always a good sign). I learned later that you can actually get to them through the hotel without going outside but you'll have to ask the desk. I actually like the sleep number bed, I thought it was very comfortable. Very good value, I was happy.

Room Tip: Mine was on the top floor - it was very clean and quiet - and you get a big flat screen tv:)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JetSetBlu
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. 100% customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.
Mount Hope, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Booked into this hotel with a business colleague on a working trip via Expedia, months before our trip. When checking in at 9 pm, I was offered a room with a King size bed instead of the booking request of 2 Queens. I was informed by the front desk supervisor that because I booked through Expedia, I was not entitled to the same consideration that their "other" guests were, who booked rooms directly with the hotel and since they had filled the hotel that night, all the rooms with 2 Queens had been given away to those "other" guests.
Big mistake - telling one guest that they were less important than others, due to the way they had booked !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bernice R
Halifax, NS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip and I truly needed it to be just right for allowing me to relax and rest while in my room and this this hotel just did the trick.

I got an excellent rate, and I think that without a doubt it was fit for the type of services and acommodations that this hotel offers.

Do not expect luxury, but expect convenience and functionality.

The Wi-Fi service was very reliable and relatively fast (for a hotel).

The rooms are updated and have nice furniture and HD TVs.

The swimming pool is clean, well maintained but a bit small.

The fitness area is very limited (and I mean VERY), even when i wokeup at 5:30 am, all the machines (which there are 3) for cardio were used and I had to wait a lot of time to get a machine.

The other thing I didnt like was the bed, I dont like that system where you can "adjust" the softness of the bed since it feels like you are sleeping in an air mattress.

I ned to say though that the hotel was quiet, I had a pleasant stay, the staff was friendly and I would recommend this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: The top rooms tend to be the more quiet ones.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Creatto
GSMExtraordinaire, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online survey about your stay at our hotel.

At the Radisson Hotel Kitchener Waterloo we believe that feedback is a gift. As it is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our quality of service. I have placed a note on your profile that they next time you stay you would like a non-sleep number bed as we have a few at our hotel.
We hope that the next time you are in the area your travel brings you back to our hotel.
detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed here just one night, was a Saturday and place was busy. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, my room was great, the layout, bedding and condition of everything was as nice as many 4 star hotels.

The ac/heater unit was pretty noisy but didn't need to use it much, if it would had been very cold outside it would had been a problem but maybe the fan speed just needed to be turn down ?

The pop-ice machine was loud, many hotels have them in a separated room to keep the noise down, not so here. It was right in the hallway and I could hear them each time I went near the front door, since I was a few rooms down in 1007 it was quiet by the bed. There are a few rooms closer and those rooms must hear the noise throughout the room.

Noise level in my room for a Sat night was pretty good, no loud plumbing sounds, you could hear them at times but nothing too loud.

Elevators, yuck, there is only 2 of them and the hotel needs 3 or 4 of them. Was a good wait for them each time --even in the lobby and most times it was pack full of people and their luggage. They did work fine once you were in, so not that big of a negative, the nice room made up for the wait. Be better if there was a place to sit down on the 10th floor, in the lobby there are chairs near the lifts but not on the room floor, just a table. Most 4 star hotels have chairs to sit down on each room floor by the elevators.

Did have brunch at the restaurant next to the hotel, prices were good-$17 for a grill chicken salad but more chicken then lettuce and the plate was too small. Food was good and place was empty at around 11:30 am--it was pack Sat night and once I seen prices for entries at $37 or more I left and ended up at a place called Wimpy's just a few blocks north on King st, burger, fires and a soda was $15 before the tip--not no steak house by far, lol but it did have a bar-mix drinks if you liked.

I came up for business and Toronto seemed too far to go for just one night, with the hotel free parking and thanks to priceline it cost me less vs Toronto so it worked out well, wanted to stay in London but prices seemed too high for the star levels. Maybe cause it was Super bowl weekend or I waited too long to book. I book this hotel just 36 hours before my stay.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the pop-ice machines
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank stillsmoking
GSMExtraordinaire, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, February 8, 2012

Charlottetown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We just returned from Kitchener as we were in a hockey tournament. We stayed at the Radisson and while it was clean there are a few things that managment and potential clients should know. We got a junior suite which is an upgrade from the standard room and it was like being in a tunnel. the bathroom was about 4 feet wide by 15 feet long and the main sitting area u was more like a hallway to the bedroom except with a couch jambed against the wall and a chair in front of door to bathroom. I stay at maybe !00 hotels a year ad I vacation all over the world so I have seen lots. This isnt the worst place to stay but I would definately not feel that it was worth 129 a night with NO breakfast. The sleep memeber bed didnt really work properly or the whole whirring sound as it was pumping air into something was the benefit you got. It is an okay property but we were like sardines in there and there was just 3 of us. My son slept on the pull out(once you open it up you must vault over it to get to the bedroom(also a former broom closet...lol). Would go mental if I had to spend more than a night in here. Sorry Radisson give us some elbow room will ya?!

Room Tip: Well dont bother with the upgrade its not worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
GSMExtraordinaire, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We will take your concern about the sleep number bed and place it on your profile as we do have a floor with non –sleep number beds. We have also mounted the flat screen TV’s on the wall in the bedroom area as it gives more space in the room.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We got to visit Kitchener on a business trip, after the near 3 hour car journey from Toronto we were glad to finally get here. Check in was just OK, we were on a company rate and the lady wanted proof to whom we were visiting, she was insistent she would not give us the rate even thought the company booked the rooms for us, we finally got the acceptance from her but I have to say it was with much reluctance.
The room was clean and comfortable, it had sufficient space to work in and the armchair was comfortable. Like other reviewers what do they offer those sleep number bed's, they are the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in, I really felt so tired the following morning for the nights sleep I had. Also given the hight of the facility and the high winds one could not get the wind noise via the AC units, they really need another solution for such a tall building out on it's own. The bathroom was big and clean but the shower head was poor.
The $9.99 breakfast buffet was just OK, would have been better in a Denny's or Starbucks, the quality of the food was poor but the Coffee was great.
Overall it was fine but just fine really.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CasaMurguia
GSMExtraordinaire, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Kitchener, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regardingyour recent stay with us.
On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. As we do have a floor with non-sleep number beds I have gone into your guest profile and noted that you would prefer this over the sleep number bed. We have also gone back and made sure that the shower head in that guest room has been changed due to the comments you made.

Sincerely,.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#4 of 14 in Kitchener
Delta Hotels Waterloo
#2 of 9 in Waterloo

Been to Radisson Hotel Kitchener? Share your experiences!