“Great hotel”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Ann Arbor, MI
“Great hotel”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I was in Kitchener for a business trip. Decided to try out Comfort Inn and was very pleased with the overall experience.
Polite staff, clean rooms, decent fitness room, awesome breakfast. Everything met my expectations.
I have been to many other Comfort Inns, and this is probably one of the better ones I have seen.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 21, 2009

The rooms are smartly furnished with all the necessary first-class facilities like internet, voice mail. I must mention the great breakfast that was provided was excellent.
The staff was friendly and caring and the services were good. I might have to come to Kitchener again in July on business and my first preference would be Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2009

Traveled on business to the Comfort Inn Kitchener and I was extremely pleased with the service from start to finish. The front desk are very friendly and knowledgeable.
To my surprise, I was very impressed with the rooms as I was not expecting a room of high quality that included a flat panel tv, upgraded bedding and room service breakfast card that delivers breakfast to your room.
This is not a typical Comfort Inn and highly recommend to any traveler who is looking for good value for money.

Will definitely return to this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness and overall appearance of room
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank AMKV
London, Ontario
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I stayed here in one of the jacuzzi suites during Oktoberfest 2008. My room was amazing. Large comfortable bed, nice decor, microwave, fridge, comfy chairs, etc... Everything was perfect! The room was very clean, the staff very nice and accommodating, and the continental breakfast was nice. I slept beautifully - and I'm not a 'good traveler', so a good night sleep in hotel is very rare for me! My next trip to Kitchener will definitely include a stay at the Comfort Inn.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank ASGLondon
Ontario
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for several nights in July 2008.

Pluses: The hotel staff was very friendly and polite. My room was basically clean and the housekeeping was good. My room had a small refrigerator and microwave oven. The air conditioner in my room worked well and was not excessively noisy. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom had a tub and shower. There was an iron and ironing board. There is a Tim Horton's about two blocks away, which for me is a good thing. My room had a good wireless internet signal.

Minuses: My main complaint is that my room smelled very strongly of stale cigarette smoke. One of the reasons I made a reservation with this hotel was that is claimed to be a non-smoking hotel. This was disappointing because it made my clothes and all of my personal items smell of smoke.

• Liked — My room was clean and the air conditioner worked well
  • Disliked — Room smelled like cigarette smoke
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank AlanMaple
Angus, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2007

Very nice hotel! Looks like a typical motel on the outside, but inside looks like an upscale hotel. There were a few problems upon checking in. They are trying a new system & it has a lot of glitches. The rooms were charged twice as the system had us booked in a month ago & a no show, therefore the credit card was charged & one room was lost & then they showed overbooked. Our room was not ready until 4pm. Now although this sounds like a check in from h_ _l, the staff was extremely apologetic. The manager came in on his day off to deal with the issues, giving out discounts. They were professional at all times and did all they could to make our stay very nice. Not once did they blame the system or anything else. They took responsibilty for the errors. The continenetal breakfast had a lot of choices & was very tasty. Clean beautiful atmosphere!! I look forward to staying here again!
A con though, the exercise rooms requires more circulation as it was stuffy & hot during my jog on the tread mill.

• Liked — The service & the breakfast.
  • Disliked — Exercise room & patio doors don't work well.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank SLK_935
Boo
Reviewed May 20, 2007

After our toilet overflowed and flooded the first room they assigned to us, we got put in a jacuzzi "upgrade" room where we were unable to use the jacuzzi because there was gross pubic hair stuck in it... We tried to make the best of the situation by SCRUBBING it clean for about an hour, (after the attendant removed the hair) but it kept coming out of the vents (I'm not kidding). Finally we fell asleep out of exhaustion, and woke up to loud noises nextdoor, their shower was so loud it sounded like it was coming from our room...

• Liked — the cleaning lady who cleaned up the toliet over flowing
  • Disliked — front desk staff and cleanliness and loudness
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BoogityGOOO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo? Share your experiences!