“A fabulous place!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Ottawa, Canada
“A fabulous place!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the BWP in Kitchener with our group in October. The hotel was great easy to find. The staff was very hospitable and the guests services staff were very accommodating to our groups demands over the weekend. The breakfast was great and especially because it was ‘FREE’. The Sales Manager Lara was amazing to deal with, top notch customer service and gave our group the best rates ever! Just wanted to say… Thanks for an amazing stay and we will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Hockeydad007
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Hockeydad2007,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also glad to read your nice comments about the services your received during your stay from our staff and our sales manager which was up to your satisfaction. It is our goal to have every guest leaves our hotel to come back again! I look forward to your next visit!

Shuker Ismail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

this is our usual spot to stay when visiting relatives in Kitchener. clean room, good free hot breakfast, and friendly staff. reasonable price for a comfortable stay. we will continue to use this hotel when in the area.

Room Tip: rooms away from the highway are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Willing292,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, and thank you for your loyalty. We were so glad to know that your stay was an enjoyable one as well as your previous stays at the Best Western Plus Kitchener/Waterloo Hotel.

We surely look forward to your return.

Region of Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here 1 night while we were in Kitchener at the Centre In The Square. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent, one of the best continental breakfasts I've ever had. We arrived at the hotel a little after check-in time started, were told where our room was and even shown on a map of the hotel, appreciated that, also the clerk pointed out the breakfast room and was told where the hot tub, fitness room and business rooms were located. We had an excellent stay. They were very friendly, bathroom was very clean. One of my favorite parts of the trip was the breakfast, don't get me wrong the hotel and room were very very nice, but the breakfast was awesome. I've stayed at quite a few hotels in the past, over 100 or more, and the ones that I've stayed at that offer a continental breakfast offer toast, cereal, muffins, coffee, tea sometimes bagels as well. This one offered all that and more, they had a waffle maker, which was yummy, you can make your own waffles, yum, they also had scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, juice and oatmeal. We only stayed for one night, but I am already planning on staying at this hotel next time I am in Kitchener whether it's for 1 night or a few, I would gladly stay here again, the only problem that we found...is the entrance isn't very clearly marked and a little confusing, we missed it the first time around. Other than that, we had a great stay!!!

Room Tip: Breakfast is incredible!!! Beds are really comfy. The street side of the hotel can be a little noi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Dani616,

Thank you for your nice feedback regarding your recent stay at Best Wesern Plus Kitchener.

We value your feedback about our breakfast and other services. By telling us what you liked and what we need to improve about the hotel entrace, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty.

nanaimo
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I wasn't that impressed with this Best Western and would only give it a pass.Staff were very good though,room reasonably descent,although it was an older hotel that was remodeled.Things I didn't enjoy...I found my room noisy,hotel located right next to the highway.The Saturday i stayed was very noisy,many loud/drunk guests.I wasn't able to enjoy the breakfast,as the breakfast room was completely inadequate for the hotel size.Three times I requested the shuttle and not once was it available!I also didn't like the location of this hotel. .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your review of your stay, I am pleased that you found our hotel staff up to your expectations. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the noise you have experienced and for the shuttle van which is vailable only for Kitchener - Waterloo airport drop and pick up and not for trips within the city.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us for improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at .

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked the Best Western Plus for a group 14 employees while they were working out of town. Everyone was beyond impressed by the service they received. The hotel and room accommodations were clean and comfortable, and the amenities beneficial to the group. Everyone found the breakfast to be amazing, and far above the level of that received at previous hotels. The staff was wonderful – the manager and staff really took care of the group which was much appreciated. The positive feedback I got on the customer service alone, would be enough to recommend this hotel but truly everything was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a great place to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Chantal S,

It’s so nice to hear from you on Tripadvisor, We highly appreciate your compliments about our clean rooms, friendly staff, and hotel amenities. We are delighted that you and your group stayed with us and were pleased with your stay. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you’re in Kitchener.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spotlessly clean, well furnished, friendly staff and a unlike some hotels that offer Èbreakfast included, this one actually delivers!

If you're in the KW area for a night or two, you won't go wrong with choosing this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Cal T,

It’s nice to hear from you on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your compliments about our clean rooms, friendly staff, and hotel amenities. We are delighted that you stayed with us. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in Kitchener.

Yours truly
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We arrived in Kitchener/Waterloo for Oktoberfest in the evening. We had booked a shuttle but it was not there. I called the hotel and we were told to take a cab at the hotel's expense. When we arrived staff were accommodating and helpful but the room we were given smelled of smoke even though it was a non-smoking hotel. We asked for another room and were moved, no problem.
The room was clean and comfortable. Staff continued to be very helpful through out our stay. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel was noisy at times. On the highway and other guest kept shouting up and down the hallway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear backroads_wandering,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Kitchener/ Waterloo Hotel, I wanted to thank you for your time on writing a review about your stay and about the helpfulness of our staff. Also please accept my apology for providing a taxi instead of our van due to a very busy schedule. In regards to the smoking smell, we are 100% smoke free hotel and I will personally invistigate on this matter.
Again thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Shuker Ismail
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo? Share your experiences!