“Wasn't That Impressed”

Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I wasn't that impressed with this Best Western and would only give it a pass.Staff were very good though,room reasonably descent,although it was an older hotel that was remodeled.Things I didn't enjoy...I found my room noisy,hotel located right next to the highway.The Saturday i stayed was very noisy,many loud/drunk guests.I wasn't able to enjoy the breakfast,as the breakfast room was completely inadequate for the hotel size.Three times I requested the shuttle and not once was it available!I also didn't like the location of this hotel. .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your review of your stay, I am pleased that you found our hotel staff up to your expectations. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the noise you have experienced and for the shuttle van which is vailable only for Kitchener - Waterloo airport drop and pick up and not for trips within the city.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us for improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at .

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked the Best Western Plus for a group 14 employees while they were working out of town. Everyone was beyond impressed by the service they received. The hotel and room accommodations were clean and comfortable, and the amenities beneficial to the group. Everyone found the breakfast to be amazing, and far above the level of that received at previous hotels. The staff was wonderful – the manager and staff really took care of the group which was much appreciated. The positive feedback I got on the customer service alone, would be enough to recommend this hotel but truly everything was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a great place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Chantal S,

It’s so nice to hear from you on Tripadvisor, We highly appreciate your compliments about our clean rooms, friendly staff, and hotel amenities. We are delighted that you and your group stayed with us and were pleased with your stay. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you’re in Kitchener.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spotlessly clean, well furnished, friendly staff and a unlike some hotels that offer Èbreakfast included, this one actually delivers!

If you're in the KW area for a night or two, you won't go wrong with choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Cal T,

It’s nice to hear from you on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your compliments about our clean rooms, friendly staff, and hotel amenities. We are delighted that you stayed with us. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in Kitchener.

Yours truly

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We arrived in Kitchener/Waterloo for Oktoberfest in the evening. We had booked a shuttle but it was not there. I called the hotel and we were told to take a cab at the hotel's expense. When we arrived staff were accommodating and helpful but the room we were given smelled of smoke even though it was a non-smoking hotel. We asked for another room and were moved, no problem.
The room was clean and comfortable. Staff continued to be very helpful through out our stay. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel was noisy at times. On the highway and other guest kept shouting up and down the hallway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear backroads_wandering,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Kitchener/ Waterloo Hotel, I wanted to thank you for your time on writing a review about your stay and about the helpfulness of our staff. Also please accept my apology for providing a taxi instead of our van due to a very busy schedule. In regards to the smoking smell, we are 100% smoke free hotel and I will personally invistigate on this matter.
Again thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I always stayed here during the last 2 years. I am getting a good rate (less ten 90CAD) which makes it affordable.
Hotel has newly renovated, spacious rooms with nice furniture and flat screen TV. All rooms offer refrigerator, micro wave, work desk and really comfortabel beds.
They also offer a good complimentary hot breakfest. Once a week you get free snacks for dinner.
The hotel is located rigth off Highway8 on King Street. So if you have a room to the Highway it is somekind of noisy.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room which is facing to the Highway and try to stay away from the stairs. The door s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank uglyone2002
Shuker I, General Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

We were happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Plus Kitchener/Waterloo Hotel.

We surely look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

First night was great and then a large tour group came in. NO supervision and no intervention by staff. Kids were yelling and screaming obscenities from midnight to two in the morning. Guests were up and sworn at by youth. When mentioned to the staff in the morning, was met with the comment, "did you make a complaint". There office was a few rooms from our and there was no way they could not hear the commotion. There is also an extensive surveillance system that also seemed to be ignored.
If you see tour buses or large groups ... stay away!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Shuker I, Manager at Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear M L,

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This place was a last minute booking through hotels.com. Rate was good for the room we stayed in. Reception went smooth, no lineup, kind staff. Continental breakfast was beyond what I have come to expect with eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, juices, coffee, tea, bagels, muffins, cereal and more. I will choose that one again when I'm in the K-W area. Bed was comfortable, TV was large and quality. Easy to find this place, and the parking right outside ground level sliding doors is a plus for me. Thank you BW Kitchener.

Room Tip: Ground level = parking right outside you sliding doors. Great for loading/unloading and keeping sec...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lowell4942

Dear Lowell4942,

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Kitchener, we appreciate your compliments about our clean rooms, friendly staff, and breakfast.
Thank you for your acknowledgement, we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Kitchener/ Waterloo area.

Sincerley
Shuker Ismail

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo

Been to Best Western Kitchener-Waterloo? Share your experiences!