All reviews western hotels highway side best westerns yogurt stayed one night bed was comfortable breakfast was included stay there again hot tub the room was nice parking lot staying at this hotel king street main floor pleasant stay king room business trip
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here one night got in late and left early so didn't experience much of the hotel but the bed was amazing. I wish I could have taken it home. The room was clean, the girl at the desk was polite and the parking was free. No complaints!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed here on January 28th, 2012. The hotel is very clean and it was quiet that night. The workout room may not be available 24 hours as stated on the website. The hot tub and sauna were good (only open until 10 p.m.). Breakfast in the morning was good and we did not feel rushed to get out of there by 10 a.m.. The lady working there was very accommodating and friendly.
Sat. night we were able to take a cab to the Yuk Yuk's show downtown (about $16). We had a good dinner at Rum Runner's before the show (great service).
We went to Bobby O'Brien's for drinks after the show and were surprised that they were under $5. (good drinks and good service there too). The hotel is really close to the mall and to the Chicopee tube park. We found out after that there is a place nearby (TJ's Country Roadhouse), but after reading some of the reviews about it, maybe it's a good thing we didn't go there.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room on the 2nd floor - not on the Fairway Road side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and daughter and I stayed in this hotel in November 2011 while attending a Girls' hockey tournament. On the plus side, the staff was efficient and friendly and the room spacious and clean. Not much on the negative side -- but I would say the included breakfast could be upgraded without much extra cost to include yogurt and real eggs (just hard-boiled would be fine) rather than the thin yellow pancake-style scrambled egg out a freezer bag variety. Otherwise the breakfast offerings were fine, including apples and oranges, sausage, cold cereals, bread and bagels, juice and coffee, jam and peanut butter, and do it yourself waffels with a real waffle maker. There is no pool, but there is a hot tub and sauna. Pretty good bang for your buck, really. Very hand to the freeway, and easy parking.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GrayingAdventurer
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I must have been one of the last guests before they changed their name from Comfort Inn. There were signs of renovations going on during my stay but was not inconvenienced in any way. The room was standard size but rather than the usual rectangular shape, this room was more square with the outer wall at a slight angle; I think the room was at the point where the building bent slightly inward to follow the irregular shape of the property. There was an armoire instead of a closet, a work desk and chair and a sofa chair.

There was no hint of smoke in the room or on the hallway. The room was clean and in good condition. Internet worked well except it kept going back to the login page every time my computer went to sleep; a bit annoying. Breakfast was included but it was just the standard packaged muffin/sticky bun and cereal; there was a self-serve waffle maker too. I stayed 4 days and skipped breakfast the last 3. My only complaint is the noise coming off the #8 highway early in the morning. The highway exit runs right along the back of the hotel and the trucks freely used engine braking as they took the exit. I highly recommend you request a room not facing the freeway. In the daytime the area looked fine but I'm not sure I would have gone out for an evening walk.

The Fairway Park mall is just a few blocks away so there are plenty of good eateries in the area around it and plenty of shops to spend your money. The universities in Waterloo are a few minutes easy driving along the highway.

In summary, it was a nice stay at a reasonable price for a mid-level hotel. I hope it's only a name change to Best Western and that the rest stays the same....well, maybe a better breakfast would be good...

Room Tip: ask for room away from the rear where the highway exit runs along the property
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank westcoaster14
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I don't think I will be staying in any other hotel other than this one when I am in Waterloo. Very welcoming, clean, and friendly. Highly recommed it. They have a very reliable Internet connection. I never had any issue with connection. They also have a business centre that provides a secure access to the Internet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business