“Great Hotel and Amazing Staff”

Holiday Inn Kitchener
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Toronto, Canada
“Great Hotel and Amazing Staff”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

In the past 2 years I always stay here for business when working in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. I have stayed in other hotels in the area and have not experience the same courteous and outstanding customer service that I have enjoyed at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. The staff is amazing and always there to make you feel at home. My room is always ready for early check in. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The restaurant and staff is amazing, great food and reasonably priced (you have to try the chicken wings they are huge). Only they don't come with fries that's my only complaint. Breakfast is my favorite (huge selection). The new fitness room and swimming pool area (indoor and outdoor) are very clean. I would like to thank Salim (General Manager who always comes and greets me at breakfast), Hassen, Eva, Nayria, Cassaranda, Housekeeping and all the staff. ! I would highly recommend staying at Holiday Inn, when in Kitchener-Waterloo area. Also there's a mall and Best Buy within walking distance (7mins).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear BellTech61,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Kitchener and thank you for your loyalty.

We especially enjoyed reading that all our team members from different department provided a friendly and individualized service, we will always be here to go the extra mile and exceed all expectations as customer service is our top priority.

The Holiday Inn Kitchener family thank you for your business; it would be a pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

my family and I stayed just one nite in two adjoining rooms...the rooms were clean and beds were very comfy..the housekeeping and front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.. definitely would stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Good day baltic733,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers and would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener.

Without a doubt our Hotel is the best family oriented Hotel in Kitchener, in addition to the indoor swimming pool that we have open year round we just opened the outdoor swimming pool for the summer. Some rooms are directly facing the pool and it is great for families to stay in those rooms as they can supervise their children at all time.

We are also so happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. Moreover, your comments about the friendliness of our housekeeping and Front desk team will definitely delight them all.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day retreat. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and accomodating. We had dinner in the restaurant in the hotel, which was nothing short of perfect !! The one thing that stands out for me - the water pressure in the shower, it was strong. Most hotels I have stayed at the water pressure is so weak.
I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
LesleyAM_13

Thank you for taking few minutes to share your comment on Tripadvisor. It is so gratifying to read that you had a comfortable stay with us. I will definitely pass on your comments to the Front desk, Housekeeping and Food & Beverage team members.

If another road trip ever leads you this way, we would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Welland, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Even though the hotel looks older, it was very clean and tidy. I usually do not sleep well in hotels but the bed here was so comfortable, it was my best night's sleep in a long time. The breakfast buffet was very good also. One word of caution: if you want a min-fridge in your room, ask for it upon booking. For some reason, not all rooms have them. A very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge if you need one. Not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear wayne b,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to hear that you had a good night sleep and that you found the beds comfortable. As you mentioned we have a great buffet breakfast that starts as early as 6:30 AM.

We would love to have you stay with us, whenever you are in the Kitchener area. It would be our pleasure to see you again

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room was very clean and good size.
Naji Katob the Guest Service Manager was very helpful with suggestions of what
to do in the area. Will stay here again when in the area

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear billybob1024,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing your kind comments with other Tripadvisor readers. We appreciate your comment about the cleanliness of the rooms and we are so glad your had a comfortable stay.

We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure you had a memorable stay with us. The secret to our success is our commitment and dedication to the daily service we provide; as customer satisfaction is our number one priority.

Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed here a lot of time since March and the Hotel have been delivering an outstanding service. The rooms are spacious and clean and very welcoming. I am always greeted by Eva, Naji and Hassan with great smiles and excellent service.

This is my Home away from home and I really look forward coming back again and again. The restaurant delivers excellent service and Alisha, Nikky and Cassie does a great job all the time.

The swimming pool is really enjoyable as well as the fitness center. I really look forward to workout everytime I am here. Thank you Holiday Inn Kitchener for always taking care of me and meeting my expectations.

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for your sharing your comment with other Tripadvisor users. We are honored to have you stay with us at the Holiday Inn Kitchener and glad to hear it’s your home away from home.

We are so happy to read that you enjoy the swimming pool and the fitness and I would like to invite you to start using the outdoor pool as well. We appreciate your kind words and compliments about our team member at the Hotel; it’s such a wonderful feeling for all of us, when our guests let us know we have met their expectations.

We truly appreciate your loyalty and can’t wait to welcome you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at 3:30 pm and the room was not ready. Very disconcerting as we had to attend a wedding in an hour. It then got worse ie... The elevator was broken and we had to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs. The stairs were dirty and the staff failed to vacuum the back of each step. The pool area was tired , needing a spruce up and weed killer through out.This hotel is poorly managed . June is a big wedding month and they were not prepared. This place is a poor reflection on HOLIDAY INN.

Stayed June 2013
Dear Bob438,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments you gave us on Tripadvisor concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. I am very disappointed that your experience was not up to our standards.

We wanted to have the wedding rooms next to each other; however, we should have given you the option for another room that is already clean at 3:30 PM as check in time is 4 PM.

We should have assisted you with the luggage and I am terribly sorry to hear that we did not offer you any assistance. Moreover, I will personally follow up with the Housekeeping manager concerning the cleanliness of the stairs and pool area and I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence.

It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their stay with us and it is very disappointing when we fail to carry that promise through.

Further, I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the product and services we are used to providing to our guests. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide this to you during your recent visit. Please contact me by email at najikotob@fortisproperties.com

Thank you again for your feedback. We would be more than happy to welcome you again.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Kitchener hotels