“Great Hotel, amazing staff !!!”

Holiday Inn Kitchener
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Bracebridge, Canada
“Great Hotel, amazing staff !!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed here a lot of time since March and the Hotel have been delivering an outstanding service. The rooms are spacious and clean and very welcoming. I am always greeted by Eva, Naji and Hassan with great smiles and excellent service.

This is my Home away from home and I really look forward coming back again and again. The restaurant delivers excellent service and Alisha, Nikky and Cassie does a great job all the time.

The swimming pool is really enjoyable as well as the fitness center. I really look forward to workout everytime I am here. Thank you Holiday Inn Kitchener for always taking care of me and meeting my expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for your sharing your comment with other Tripadvisor users. We are honored to have you stay with us at the Holiday Inn Kitchener and glad to hear it’s your home away from home.

We are so happy to read that you enjoy the swimming pool and the fitness and I would like to invite you to start using the outdoor pool as well. We appreciate your kind words and compliments about our team member at the Hotel; it’s such a wonderful feeling for all of us, when our guests let us know we have met their expectations.

We truly appreciate your loyalty and can’t wait to welcome you again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at 3:30 pm and the room was not ready. Very disconcerting as we had to attend a wedding in an hour. It then got worse ie... The elevator was broken and we had to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs. The stairs were dirty and the staff failed to vacuum the back of each step. The pool area was tired , needing a spruce up and weed killer through out.This hotel is poorly managed . June is a big wedding month and they were not prepared. This place is a poor reflection on HOLIDAY INN.

Stayed June 2013
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Bob438,

I would like to send you a personal thank you for the comments you gave us on Tripadvisor concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. I am very disappointed that your experience was not up to our standards.

We wanted to have the wedding rooms next to each other; however, we should have given you the option for another room that is already clean at 3:30 PM as check in time is 4 PM.

We should have assisted you with the luggage and I am terribly sorry to hear that we did not offer you any assistance. Moreover, I will personally follow up with the Housekeeping manager concerning the cleanliness of the stairs and pool area and I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence.

It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their stay with us and it is very disappointing when we fail to carry that promise through.

Further, I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the product and services we are used to providing to our guests. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide this to you during your recent visit. Please contact me by email at najikotob@fortisproperties.com

Thank you again for your feedback. We would be more than happy to welcome you again.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Kitchener hotels

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. Was upgraded from the drive-up lower level rooms to one of the tower rooms. Unfortunately we were next to someone very loud (connecting room door let through a lot of sound) and the road outside wasn't all that quiet. Went to the front desk and was immediately moved to a room on the club floor instead. New room was incredibly quiet, spacious, and comfortable. Breakfast was included in our rate and was pretty standard for a hotel meal, but did offer lots of options.

Can't thank the front desk enough - I kept running back since I'd forgotten a couple personal items and had a few questions about my room/the area and they were patient and helpful with all my requests (including the one to move rooms on a night when they seemed to be fairly busy with conferences and sports teams staying). I wish I could remember the girl's name (it started with an N), but thanks for all her help!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear cdntraveller90,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be very polite and helpful, I will pass your kind compliments to Nayrie (Front Desk) and I am sure she will be thrilled with your comment. We do offer lots of option for breakfast as you mentioned and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

We are also happy to hear that you had a comfortable room and enjoyed our hospitality. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are so happy to have you stay with us whenever you are in Kitchener.

Thank you for your loyalty. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Front desk staff were exception helpful and friendly with excellent food and service in the restaurant and bar. Hope to stay there again soon. The breakfast selection suited my dietary restrictions as did my evening meal. Staff were knowledgeable about the food they were serving and able to advise me as to my best selection.

Room Tip: I stayed down the far end of one of the corridors away from the lobby. Nice and quiet with only a s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Good day Brian E

Thank you for your generous complements on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed the excellent service and had a very good experience overall.

Your comments on the breakfast selection and excellent food will definitely thrill our Executive Chef Dave Goodwin and his team. Your review is a very big compliment to all of us here at the Holiday Inn Kitchener, it would be a please to welcome you again.

Tecumseh, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Matt, Naji and the rest of the Holiday Inn team are true professionals! A pleasure to work with and take care of all our corporate and personal needs! I would highly recommend staying at Holiday Inn, when in Kitchener-Waterloo area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Colin D

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers. I and Matt are thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the service and hoping to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn in the near future.

Northern Ontario
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I use Holiday Inns almost exclusively for work and am a Priority Gold Club member. I had booked my reservation for a room with two double beds for a six night stay, six weeks in advance. At reservation time, I asked for early check in, knowing I was travelling a fair distance and needed to be refreshed after arrival in order to attend a late afternoon meeting.

When we arrived, we were told the hotel was full and our room was not ready. When I mentioned that I had asked for an early check in and was a Priority Club member, they just reiterated they were full. When I told them I needed to get refreshed prior to a meeting which coincided with their normal check-in time (4 pm), they offered me a fitness centre card.

Thinking they would have a working shower in the fitness centre, I grabbed the card, then grabbed my stuff and off went to the fitness centre. When I got there, I realized the women's shower was not working and would have to use the exposed pool deck shower. After that realization, I had to go back to the car to get a bathing suit stopping off at the front desk, to mention that they omitted to tell me the inside shower was working!

After freshening up, I then returned to the desk, hoping we could get into our room prior to my meeting, to no avail.

I finally was able to get in my room and they had one king reserved and not two doubles. She kept repeating that they had a King for me, but from my iphone I showed her my confirmation for two doubles. That is when she switched our rooms to what I originally asked for and then was told just to park in front, where I did and go to my room down the hall. Big mistake. I finally reached my room five minutes later, only to see there was a pull-up to the screen door and I could have driven around. Not cool!

After this first day, I thought things would be better, but unfortunately they were not.

I had to phone the Front Desk for a phone book and that took 1 hour to arrive.

Our room was left to the last to be cleaned one day and instead of the housekeeping staff asking us to leave the room for a few minutes, she instead asked what we needed for the room and gave us just that and nothing more.

The hallways were noisy and we heard children running late at night down the halls, several nights in a row.

I found two carpet beetles, one in the hall and one in our room and killed them instantly, however I still managed to get bit and took photos of the bites.

The straw that broke the camel's back was on the morning of checkout I went to get change for a $20 to leave housekeeping a tip (the courteous thing to do!) and front desk didn't have change, so told me to go to the restaurant and the restaurant told me to go to the front desk.

Needless to say, I left chocolate as a tip instead of money.

I will not stay at this hotel again if my travels take me to this area again! It is too bad as the room service, bar service and close amenities were great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Erika L

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their visit with us and it is very disappointing when we fail to carry that promise through.

I will address the Housekeeping issue with the Housekeeping manager, moreover, I will investigate the room problem you had with my team and I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence. Last but not least, I have already spoken to our maintenance manager and the bathroom in the swimming pool area will be fixed tomorrow.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you so that we can take specific steps to improve on the areas that were of concern to you. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or call me at 519 894 8502.
Further, I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the product and services we are used to providing to our guests. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide this to you a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in making any future reservations for you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really felt as if they really enjoyed being there as employees. Warm, caring and attention to detail. The rooms were immaculate and warm. From check in to check out it was outstanding!!!!
The beds were very comfortable and even small tasks such as a can of pop were performed with delight, and due to the pop machine being empty, they provided for free. We always stay there as the location is superb. Near everything!

Room Tip: Smile and you shall receive.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Vitaminemike,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers. Your comments on the cleanliness of our rooms will definitely thrill Grace our Executive Housekeeper. Moreover, we appreciate your compliments regarding the efficiency of check in and check out.

We are also glad to hear that you had a comfortable room and enjoyed our hospitality. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are so happy to have you stay with us whenever you are in Kitchener.

Thank you for your loyalty. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Holiday Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!