“Outstanding Service”

Holiday Inn Kitchener
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Matt, Naji and the rest of the Holiday Inn team are true professionals! A pleasure to work with and take care of all our corporate and personal needs! I would highly recommend staying at Holiday Inn, when in Kitchener-Waterloo area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Colin D

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers. I and Matt are thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the service and hoping to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Kitchener

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I use Holiday Inns almost exclusively for work and am a Priority Gold Club member. I had booked my reservation for a room with two double beds for a six night stay, six weeks in advance. At reservation time, I asked for early check in, knowing I was travelling a fair distance and needed to be refreshed after arrival in order to attend a late afternoon meeting.

When we arrived, we were told the hotel was full and our room was not ready. When I mentioned that I had asked for an early check in and was a Priority Club member, they just reiterated they were full. When I told them I needed to get refreshed prior to a meeting which coincided with their normal check-in time (4 pm), they offered me a fitness centre card.

Thinking they would have a working shower in the fitness centre, I grabbed the card, then grabbed my stuff and off went to the fitness centre. When I got there, I realized the women's shower was not working and would have to use the exposed pool deck shower. After that realization, I had to go back to the car to get a bathing suit stopping off at the front desk, to mention that they omitted to tell me the inside shower was working!

After freshening up, I then returned to the desk, hoping we could get into our room prior to my meeting, to no avail.

I finally was able to get in my room and they had one king reserved and not two doubles. She kept repeating that they had a King for me, but from my iphone I showed her my confirmation for two doubles. That is when she switched our rooms to what I originally asked for and then was told just to park in front, where I did and go to my room down the hall. Big mistake. I finally reached my room five minutes later, only to see there was a pull-up to the screen door and I could have driven around. Not cool!

After this first day, I thought things would be better, but unfortunately they were not.

I had to phone the Front Desk for a phone book and that took 1 hour to arrive.

Our room was left to the last to be cleaned one day and instead of the housekeeping staff asking us to leave the room for a few minutes, she instead asked what we needed for the room and gave us just that and nothing more.

The hallways were noisy and we heard children running late at night down the halls, several nights in a row.

I found two carpet beetles, one in the hall and one in our room and killed them instantly, however I still managed to get bit and took photos of the bites.

The straw that broke the camel's back was on the morning of checkout I went to get change for a $20 to leave housekeeping a tip (the courteous thing to do!) and front desk didn't have change, so told me to go to the restaurant and the restaurant told me to go to the front desk.

Needless to say, I left chocolate as a tip instead of money.

I will not stay at this hotel again if my travels take me to this area again! It is too bad as the room service, bar service and close amenities were great!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Erika L

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their visit with us and it is very disappointing when we fail to carry that promise through.

I will address the Housekeeping issue with the Housekeeping manager, moreover, I will investigate the room problem you had with my team and I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence. Last but not least, I have already spoken to our maintenance manager and the bathroom in the swimming pool area will be fixed tomorrow.

I would like to take some time and discuss your individual experience in more detail with you so that we can take specific steps to improve on the areas that were of concern to you. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or call me at 519 894 8502.
Further, I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the product and services we are used to providing to our guests. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide this to you a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in making any future reservations for you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really felt as if they really enjoyed being there as employees. Warm, caring and attention to detail. The rooms were immaculate and warm. From check in to check out it was outstanding!!!!
The beds were very comfortable and even small tasks such as a can of pop were performed with delight, and due to the pop machine being empty, they provided for free. We always stay there as the location is superb. Near everything!

Room Tip: Smile and you shall receive.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Vitaminemike,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers. Your comments on the cleanliness of our rooms will definitely thrill Grace our Executive Housekeeper. Moreover, we appreciate your compliments regarding the efficiency of check in and check out.

We are also glad to hear that you had a comfortable room and enjoyed our hospitality. Customer satisfaction is our main priority and we are so happy to have you stay with us whenever you are in Kitchener.

Thank you for your loyalty. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great location beside 7/8 Hwy, clean comfortable rooms, excellent hospitality (Tues. night meet greet & libation for priority club members). Check in staff was very accomodating and quickly signed me up to the priority club. A little pricey for a business man on the road, but good value for money.

Room Tip: only stayed once and single with a king bed is great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Dennis C

Thank you for your generous complements on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. As you mentioned we are ideally situated in a great residential and commercial area, so we are fortunate in that respect with our location.

We are also glad to hear that you had a comfortable room and enjoyed our hospitality. We have a great team here that always make sure guest expectations are met.

We thank you for your gracious comments and review. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for several nights. Was out of the hotel all day and well into the evening, so did not use any of the facilities except for a late room service meal the first night, and one quick swim in the small indoor pool. I had a room at the rear of the hotel, which was a hike when I arrived but proved very convenient once I figured out that I could park close to the room and use a rear entrance into the hotel, thus bypassing the lobby etc. In warmer weather I'd have made use of the fact that the room had a large sliding glass door permitting exit directly to the parking lot - not scenic but quite practical in some circumstances e.g. unloading luggage.

The room was serviceable: a bit dated,as others have mentioned, but it was fine for my purposes and in line with my expectations for the type of hotel etc. No complaints there.

I noticed, but did not use, a laundry room towards the back of the hotel - would be useful for longer stays or families.

All staff with whom I dealt were very helpful, whether it was delivering my meal, finding a map for me, telling me about nearby shops and restaurants, or even apologising because the bar was closed. As well, I checked out in a hurry and left them too much money, having forgotten that I'd pre-paid one night, but the person on duty realised what had happened and rang me immediately so that I could return and collect the excess.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear J P,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers. We are thrilled to hear good compliments about our service oriented staff and their honesty. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure you had a memorable stay. The secret to our success is our commitment and dedication to the daily service we provide; as customer satisfaction is our number one priority.

All the rooms in the wing do have a direct access to the parking lot; therefore, guests can park their car as close as possible to their rooms after checking in. Moreover, we do have a laundry room that can be used anytime during the day.

We sincerely appreciate your business, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Kitchener. We would love to have you stay with us again, whenever you are in the area. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel has a very nice lobby and restaurant/bar. While the rooms are a bit dated, they are clean. The shower has so much pressure that I wasn't able to face it, and the water temperature varried at times becoming boiling hot. If you like a hard bed, you will like this hotel. The gym and pool are nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower instead of the wing, this will avoid you walking long long hallways to g...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear JulieTD

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all your compliments about the restaurant/Lobby and the cleanliness of the room. As you mentioned we do have a very nice swimming and a renovated fitness center as well.

We do have 3 different room types (Standard in the wing, Business and executive rooms in the tower). Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 894-8502 before your next visit and I will be more than happy to upgrade you to a tower room.

We want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay with us and hope to see you again.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here with my son for one night prior to my son having day surgery at the local hospital. The hotel and rooms were nice including heated floors in the bathroom. The part of the experience that set apart was the service. The service was excellent from the time we checked in until we left early the next morning. Over all a very good experience.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the tower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear annrcg,

Thank you for your generous complements on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed the excellent service and had a very good experience overall. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their stay with us.

We thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener, We would love to have you stay with us again.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#4 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Holiday Inn Kitchener? Share your experiences!