“Wonderful Service”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Mississauga
“Wonderful Service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here with my son for one night prior to my son having day surgery at the local hospital. The hotel and rooms were nice including heated floors in the bathroom. The part of the experience that set apart was the service. The service was excellent from the time we checked in until we left early the next morning. Over all a very good experience.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the tower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear annrcg,

Thank you for your generous complements on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Kitchener. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed the excellent service and had a very good experience overall. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their stay with us.

We thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener, We would love to have you stay with us again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is an older but well-maintained property. However, snow-clearing and customer service has much to be desired.

Upon arrival, I was given a room for some reason at the very back of the hotel in the 2-storey wing that you don't see in the photo. It took several minutes to walk there from the lobby. Granted, it was a Priceline "Express Deal" purchase, but the hotel was close to empty, so that's no reason to do that to a customer. Considering the weather and the relative emptiness of the hotel, I feel the tower room should have been provided, or at least one much closer to the lobby. The desk clerk offered me a room in the tower for $10 more, so maybe my room was punishment for declining it.

It was an extremely long walk with my luggage because the parking lot in the rear was left unplowed. For my US car with all-season radials, I was forced to park out front or risk getting stuck. Although only about 3 inches of snow fell the day of my arrival, it gummed up the whole rear parking lot as there is only one narrow driveway with built-in slippery inclines to get to it. The plow did not show up until about 11 PM that night when it should have been out several times throughout the day.

The room was typical Holiday Inn -- nothing remarkable or memorable. Wireless Internet speed acceptable, reasonably comfortable bed (but certainly not Hilton comfort).

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the lobby unless you want some exercise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear DavidStarsky,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very disappointed that your check in experience was not up to our standards. It is only by hearing guest comments that we can make changes in the way that we do business to improve our service levels in all areas. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their visit stay with us.

Further, I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the product and services we are used to providing to our guests. Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 894-8502 before your next visit and I will be more than happy to upgrade your room.

Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've stayed her a few times on business. Without exception the staff is very customer focused and friendly. They don't worry about who's job something is bt focus on helping you.

The rooms are very ordinary and a bt old. That being said they are clean.

Breakfast was included but not sure if this is standard. They have a nice buffet with lots of fresh fruit. Dinner was also good. There are 3 restaurants right across the street and a mall nearby.

The hotel offers shuttle service and you can schedule departure and pick up.

I'm really not crazy about the rooms but go back for the service.

Room Tip: Choose a Tower room, they are bit more expensive.
Good Day orange-hat,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor. As a Quality Excellence Award Winning hotel our team is completely committed to ensuring that all of our guests enjoy a superior level of service during their stay with us. We especially enjoyed reading that you enjoyed your buffet breakfast and dinner at Embers restaurant.

We do have 3 different room types (Standard in the wing, Business and executive rooms in the tower). Please contact me either by e-mail at najikotob@fortisproperties.com or by telephone at (519) 894-8502 before your next visit and I will be more than happy to upgrade you to the tower rooms.

We want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay with us and thank you for your loyalty.

Goderich, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent just one evening Saturday March 23 2013 at this holiday inn but were we impressed. We walked in a back entrance and shortly after found a staff member and I asked if he could direct us to the banquet hall were the 60th anniversary for the Young's was being held. Instead of directing us he said follow me and and took us right to the hall. I had been online the night before to book a room and there were none available. I thought I would make one last attempt at getting a room there before investigating another hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and more than accommodating and were able to find me a room. Not only was the room very nice and clean the entire staff that we ran into were extremely friendly. Even the cleaning lady bid us a good morning and hoped we had enjoyed our stay. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin T
Dear Kevin T,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing this wonderful comment with other Tripadvisor readers. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure you had a memorable stay. The secret to our success is our commitment and dedication to the daily service we provide as customer satisfaction is our number one priority. It was great to hear that the front desk and housekeeping staff were friendly and we are glad that you found the room clean and nice.

We would love to have you stay with us, whenever you are in the Kitchener area. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Front Desk Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I don't like staying in hotels but my work requires travels. However, staying in Holiday Inn Kitchener makes me not dread being away from home. The front desk staff members at night are just the greatest. They will start with warm greetings, genuine smiles and seamless check-ins... I am a regular and one of the staff members (Nayrie) would give me extra bottles of conditioners every time i check in because she knows that one tiny bottle is not enough for my long hair. The night Manager in charge (Hassen) whenever he's around, would personally make sure that my stay is comfortable. There's always a note in my room from the housekeeper wishing me a good night. Almost everyone on duty at night is probably the best guest service staff that anyone could ever meet... they just go above and beyond to make the guest feel extra special. I would choose Holiday Inn Kitchener over any other hotel just for the customer service alone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKitchener, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kitchener, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear another-vacay,

It was very kind of you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor. The holiday Inn Kitchener is proud to be your home away from home. We pride ourselves on always being there when our guests need us and the night team (Tristan, Bob and Craig) have always done a great job during the night.

It was great to hear that Nayrie took care of you; she always goes the extra mile to ensure guest expectations are always met. Hassen and the rest of the Holiday inn team thank you for your loyalty. It was a pleasure to see you again.

Saint Hyacinthe, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The guest services manager give me a realy good service, was helpfull. The hotel is a nice place to stay for buiness trip an as a good location near the highway. The food was very good, great breakfast, nice pool.

1 Thank Patrick L
Good Day Patrick L,

We would like to extend our great appreciation to you, for sharing your kind comments with other Tripadvisor readers. We want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener for your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you had a comfortable business trip and enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Embers restaurant.

Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Kitchener and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Clinton, Ont.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I didn't actually stay at this Holiday Inn, but I wanted to write in and give my sincere thanks to the excellent front desk staff who were kind enough to help me when I had lost the name of a hotel where a friend I was meeting was staying (I am the only one left on earth without a cell phone). With only the hotel's accoutrements and a four-year-old in toe, the front desk staff kindly and thoughtfully called every hotel meeting the description I had even though they had nothing to benefit from helping me out.

Thank you, ladies. The next time me and my old gal pal meet in Kitchener, we will definitely book with you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CherylLikey
Dear CheryILikey,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to hear that the front desk staff helped you find the hotel you were looking for. The secret to our success is our commitment and dedication to the daily service we provide as customer satisfaction is our number one priority.