“Food Good... Value ???”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I dropped in to this place for lunch during work week ... by myself.

Was greeted by a nice waitressl and offered a table of my choice right away! (there were lots available.)

I ordered Drunken Noodles (Hot). I was then offered a complimentary soup before my entree, (Soup was chicken and cabbage.... interesting and good too!)

The noodles I ordered were decent tasting. (although a very small portion). Was pretty spicy (as I reqeusted), ... but not overwhelming. (I was told that if next time I ordered the "TOP OF THE LINE" (their spiciest) and if I could eat this, ... they will take a pic of me to put on their wall!)
I advised that taking my pic was a great reason not to order it! ... but thank you! :-)

All in all a good lunch, but I should order appetizer next time! Unfortunately that takes me way over the $10 limit I have set for lunch by myself! :-)

I would not mind paying a bit more for good food like this, ... but there is really no atmosphere, ... and ...$10 for lunch by myself ... is my limit! :-)

Guess I am a cheap buddy? lol

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We ordered the pad Thai and was a little diappointed. Now we love pad Thai, and we ordered ours medium, and it really was too hot, spicy wise? We also ordered the nong tong...wings and for 6.99, for 5 tiny, tiny wings it was not worth the money.
we felt there are better places in Kitchener for the money

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Four of us shared several good to very good dishes at this spot just up the road from the Radisson in Kitchener. (Oddly enough staff (we asked two people) at the hotel knew nothing about a Thai restaurant in the vicinity, surely a missed opportunity for both the resto and the hotel.)

The deal is that you can order various dishes with a variety of proteins and adjust heat from "No spice, Mild, Medium, Hot, Extra Hot and Top of the line!"

We generally opted for "hot" which was a pretty conservative hot, more of a medium as far as I was concerned. Strangely the "Mus Sa Mun" curry which was described as mild, had a decent kick. It was the standout dish and while well cooked potatoes predominated, the addition of a - by comparison small amount of chicken was a welcome filip. The other dishes were good and I won't enumerate them here as I get the choice that whatever you chose would be good or better.

The apps we chose were a chicken satay (undistinguished) and calamari (nicely stir fired with jalapeno, garlic and 5 spice).

Decor is pretty plain - it is a rectangular room with booths to the side (too tight for my friend) and four tops in the middle.

We shared a honey banana with icecream. Cost was very reasonable $74 (excluding tip) for two apps, one dessert and four main dishes, with just water to drink.

Worth considering if in the vicinity.

Oh, and a ps - The little carrot carvings are nice, but one note when they all appear all the same on all the dishes.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Don't let the unassuming location fool you because it is almost 'hidden' in a local strip mall. The food definitely speaks for itself. Fresh,great variety, tasty menu and wonderful attentive service make this restaurant a family favourite. Any dish can be adjusted to accommodate the diners' desired level of spice (great for kids) Healthy alternative any day to fast food and usually for about the same price. A great choice for families or an evening out with friends.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

As a Southeast Asian family, we polished off the following dishes in quick order: kid's meal satay, drunken noodle, Bangkok special fried rice, mus sa mun (massaman) curry, and vonsen bean thread noodles. Spiciness of each can be dialed all the way Siamese suicide level.
The kid's satay was a great deal, with 2 sticks of solid white meat and a peanut dip that looks like peanut butter but tastes like the real peanut sauce, well spiced but not in the hot sense. It came in handy as a pleasant extinguisher for some of the dishes that we over-requested in spiciness.
The mus sa mun curry was a standout, where it didn't matter that there was way more potatoes than chicken strips--it was just a glorious riot of Thai spices. The only gripe would be for more Canadian-sized servings.
All in all the bill came in at under $$60, a crowning treat to a day of fun skiing.