“An Oasis of Calm and Serenity”

Forest Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Kitchener B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“An Oasis of Calm and Serenity”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a pleasure to find such a warm and welcoming home away from home in Kitchener while on my recent visit to attend to a family medical emergency.

Eleanora and Dave were perfect hosts offering me a clean, comfortable and cozy room with ensuite and all the amenities I could ask for including snacks and even a great sip or two of their private-label wine before bedtime.

Breakfasts were tastefully prepared keeping in mind that I had requested gluten-free items on rather short notice. There was always an engaging smile to greet me and lots of great conversation to start my day.

I can't say enough about Forest Hill Bed & Breakfast and have no hesitation in highly recommending it to either short or long-term guests visiting the Kitchener-Waterloo area.

(Victoria from Victoria, BC)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Wyoming, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This past weekend we had the pleasure of staying at the Forest Hill B and B. Our stay was
delightful. Room was homey, cheerful and spotless. Breakfast was a gourmet's delight. Thank you so much Eleanora for a great stay. We will definitely will be back.
Lois and Joe

Room Tip: Home away from Home!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleanora E, Owner at Forest Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I really appreciate it. We certainly look forward to your next visit. Perhaps you will come and enjoy our backyard in the summer. You can enjoy a glass of wine and conversation on the deck and the sounds of the soothing waterfall.
Upland, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Upon arrival in Toronto, late in March, it was very cold and snowing. I booked my stay at Forest Hills in Kitchener because my daughter was attending school there.
When I arrived, And met Eleanora, I felt right at home. Cloe , resident dog was friendly, the room maintained a temperature that was comfortable. The snow flurries were a beautiful sight outside my window, not to mention the squirrels and the birds.
Everything about the room was perfect. The coffee and breakfast were amazing!
Eleanora even let me help her shovel the snow off the driveway! (California girl that I am, thought it was fun!).
I look forward to returning and visiting in the spring. I could not have had a better host.
Thanks Eleanora!
Janet Ramirez

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eleanora E, Owner at Forest Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Janet it was my pleasure to have you here. I am glad that we could also provide you some fun in the snow. I know you enjoyed yourself helping me and I really appreciated your assistance with our good old fashioned winter.
I look forward to your return and don't forget to bring hubby along.
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family stayed at the Forest Hill Bed and Breakfast in April, 2013. We ALL had a great stay. Eleanor and Dave were very hospitable. The accomodations were immaculate and served all of our needs. The food was very good, and the meals were flexible to our likes and dislikes. I have stayed all over the world in hotels, villas, and B&Bs... this tops my list of personable, economical, and enjoyable experiences.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or kids activites, but that was not a need for us anyway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Eleanora E, Owner at Forest Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It was certainly a pleasure to have your family here. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
New Hamburg, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I Have stayed at the Forest Hill B&B many times and enjoyed the wonderful food and the comfortable beds and of course the Hosts were fabulous., From the monent you walked in the door till you left the host were great,this is also close to shopping malls , Restaurants, golf courses

Room Tip: The forest room is on the back of the house and its breathtaking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, ON
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast is nestled in a quiet and peaceful Kitchener neighborhood within a short distance of the cities major amenities. The rooms are a perfect and tranquil escape from a busy life, clean, roomy and quiet. Eleanora is warm, graceful, and a very welcoming hostess, offering the tastiest breakfasts along with great company and conversation at breakfast. The backyard is an oasis of tranquility with a great outdoor patio for breakfast in the warmer months while her homey kitchen too offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We've visited twice now and each time is like visitng a home away from home. We highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

N --Natural
O --Outstanding
R --Rewarding
A --Attractive

What more can I say. Visit Forest Hill and see for yourself. We did and enjoyed every minute.
We stayed with Eleanora and Dave for 2 months while our new home was being completed.
We were well taken care of. Breakfasts were delicious and nutritious with a fresh fruit cup to start every morning. Nothing was too much to ask of her. She certainly took good care of us.
I strongly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone wanting to stay where you will feel right at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Eleanora E, Owner at Forest Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you here with us for your extended stay.
You came as strangers and you left as friends. We will come and visit with you in your new home.
I hope you will be very happy there. Keep in touch.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#1 of 14 in Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
The Walper Hotel
#3 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Forest Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!