“We Are Fans Again!”

Ranked #148 of 551 Restaurants in Kitchener
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Used to hit Turtle Jack's here there and everywhere because I did like their Big Wing Dinner and my beautiful partner could usually find something she liked. But then we got tired of it and ventured elsewhere. Visited the Kitchener location on Saturday night and were very impressed. Not only was the food delicious, but the service was excellent.

Let's start with the food: Yes, I had the Big Wing Dinner with the Thai Chili sauce. I like wings and have eatin them in many places. I usually prefer flats, but the drums here are so tender and the sauce so good that they rank right up there with the best around. Beauty had an apple and brie burger. Now, she can be hard to please, but was quite happy with her choice. Neither of us have been big fans of the Turtle Jack fries in the past, so we both ordered the beef/barley soup. It was delicious - chock full of flavour and vegtables. To satisfy the carb need, we also ordered a new item menu, the potato skins. They came with a salsa sauce and lots of green onion. They were very fresh tasting.

The service also stood out. Our waitress was very friendly and although very busy, tried to visit us regularly (she was also looking after a table with not one, not two, not three, but four children under the age of 3). Our first order of skins were too well done - blacker than they should be but good. When she asked how they were, I commented on this but since we had eaten almost half of them already, was not planning on sending them back. She looked at them, agreed, and immediately offered to bring us a fresh order, which she did. The next batch was a perfect golden brown. And to top it off, the charge for both orders were removed from our bill by the manager who even came over to our table during the meal to make sure we had been pleased with the second order.

So, we are fans of TJ's again. Yeah, it's the usual chain pub fare, but they seem to be doing it right and serving it up with a smile.

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have raved about their burgers before and salmon and Mango Salsa Chicken dishes have been great but not everything is up to the same standard. On this visit I ordered the Pot Roast sandwich and my wife had Chicken Parmesan. The meat on my sandwich was tender but lacked some flavour because the bread was so thick and dry on the edges.... maybe toasted too long. The chicken was also just average so we were a little suprised given our past experiences. The best part of the meal was the 3 Cheese Dip as an appetizer which was delicious. Maybe we will stick with our favourites in the future.

1  Thank Bachatadave
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I will start by saying I gave this place a chance and went there twice. First time, food was average at best and service was cold. So maybe it was an off night the first time. But the second time was even worse! The host and hostess were fooling around at the host station, throwing around inserts out of the menu's and hit a customer in the head with the insert. Very unprofessional to say the least. Our waitress was nice and attentive this time but had to come back to tell me they were out of an item we had ordered and overcharged us for drinks. Food was below average this time as well. Not going back and would suggest to avoid with unprofessional staff and average food at best.

2  Thank CharlieBrow
Reviewed August 4, 2013

"Turtle Jacks" is usual pub restaurant fayre. The staff were friendly, we had a cranky baby with us and they were great and accomodating in helping get us sorted.

The food was reasonable, if you're used to noisy, friendly, family places this is a great place to go.

My visitor's chilldren from Toronto always ask if we're going out to dinner " Can we can go to "Turtle Jacks".

You have to figure out the times though as it gets very busy. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Tripped over this place when last visiting family in the area and was pleasantly surprised.

Surroundings are nice, NOT noisy although it seats a lot of people.

Now having returned and made it a stop on our way into the area - nothing has changed.
Good food and drinks at a reasonable price.

Check it out!