“Good but not great”

Ranked #182 of 555 Restaurants in Kitchener
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I ate at Turtle Jacks just because it was convenient to our hotel and were curious as to the unusual name. Our waitress told us it was a franchise that was slowly expanding. That usually means cookie cutter food. I was pleasantly surprised to find my food was fresh and cooked to order. My wife on the other hand wasn't really impressed with her meal. Mediocre at best.

That being said, even though I thoroughly enjoyed my meal, I can't give them an excellent. The waitress was very pleasant albeit a little slow. The one thing that did impress me, was the manageress coming to our table to ensure we were being treated well also my beer was served in an iced glass which is always a plus in my books.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were sat quickly but waited considerably to place a drink order, arrival of the food was slow beyond belief even though there were only 4 other tables occupied. The food was hot and tasty the hamburger was very good. Stayed away from the appetizers, to me they should not be the same price as an entre unless they are for two. Saw one go by not impressed.

Over all food was average to good nothing extraordinary mid priced, service was friendly but lethargic. repeat in a pinch only.

2  Thank Hungrywatcher
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

6 of us went for lunch and enjoyed
Our meals - 2 burgers, orange chicken, 2 sandwiches and 1 wrap. Food was hot, portions were generous- the waitress asked us if any if us had allergies or food sensitivities. We'd go back again :)

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Food was average to poor. Value for money... Not even close. $17 for fish and chips?? Pathetic. Only reason we tried it was having a coupon. This brought it down to almost Boston Pizza prices.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

SUPER SERVICE! very good food, and the environment is great.... The staff is so nice and took good care of us.