Marathon Harbour Inn
All reviewscontinental breakfastnew buildingclean roomswould stay here againnorth shorewater pressurethe staff was friendly and helpfulon linechinese restaurantking bedexcellent staygood nights sleepnice surpriseair conditionerin townlakeroad
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here on our bike trip around Lake Superior. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff was very polite. There is a bar just a couple blocks from the hotel. I would highly recommend staying at this property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

When passing along the north shore of Lake Superior, and you find yourself needing a place to stay in Marathon, the Harbour Inn is the place to go! Continental breakfast offered with your stay, and rooms are fairly modern and clean. Not overly priced like some other small northern towns.
Be sure to visit Pebble Beach!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Wife and I stayed one night here I believe they were full. Nice room with 2 queen beds and a tube TV. Marathon is a mile or so off of the main highway. It's out in the sticks so not alot to do but we just needed a good nights rest which we got. For dinner we went to the pizza hut which had a very small dining room so we got our to go. The continental brkfst is minimal so we went across the street to A&W and there I got a nice brkfst of eggs,bacon,hash browns, and coffee (in a ceramic mug yet) so I was pleased with that. Prices are higher here but that could be due to the remote location,eh? I would advise all to fill up their tank when possible as towns are small and far apart.
Our car takes premium and not all places had that. We think that Harbor Inn is the best in Marathon anyhow. They take credit and debit cards also.

Room Tip: As others have said, try not to get a room in the back near the train tracks.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Marathon Harbour Inn is a great place! I have been coming here every few years on business. This visit was just as good as the last! The hotel has free WiFi of a good quality. The rooms are large and clean. No smoking is allowed in the hotel- which is a wonderful thing! There is ample parking in the lot. The staff is also very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank YarnDragon02
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here on our motorcycle circle tour of Lake Superior. The hotel is very nicely kept and our room was comfortable and very clean. About the only complaint I could find was that the continental breakfast (while more than acceptable with good variety) required either taking your breakfast back to your room, or sit at the one table outside (which we did and it worked fine). This is hardly worth mentioning, but understand the lobby of the hotel where the breakfast is served is very small.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple