“WOW!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Explorers Cafe

The Explorers Cafe
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: If arriving by foot, we are on the east side of King between Yonge and Elizabeth. If driving, approach from Midland Ave. between Yonge and Elizabeth, free three hour parking in municipal lot.
Niagara
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had never been to this restaurant before, but based on the TripAdvisor ratings decided to give it a try. All I can say is WOW! Every aspect of the evening was outstanding. We had an 8:00 reservation for four on a Thursday evening but were delayed until 9:15, we called and were told no problem. We arrived and were greeted by Richard whose enthusiasm, energy and expertise helped make the night a fabulous one. Once introduced, Richard knew all our names, recommended food choices based on our various palette’s (two of us were vegetarians and one of us was a pescetarian) and helped with the wine selection.
Make sure you try the Flat Stanley, it’s a unique and tasty appetizer. We also had the Burrito and Singapore Noodle Bowl as well as the curry dish, all to die for!
We live in a small town in the Niagara area, and although still quite a bit bigger than Midland, we wish there was a restaurant even slightly close to the atmosphere, service and food that makes the Explorer Café the great choice that it is. Make sure you have a reservation though, especially summer time.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank EddieNiagara

Perth
“Great cafe with interesting ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This restaurant had a wonderful atmosphere with great food and extremely helpful and pleasant staff .

Visited September 2012
“The need to travel to Toronto diminishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. We are Torontonians with a home in the region. I found the reviews on TripAdvisor and then went on to their home site. I reserved.
once we found the place (four trips up and down the street) as it is tucked behind a nondescript building, we felt warm and welcome the moment we entered.
Richard our server was amazing. a cross between a hyper Monty Hall (let's make a deal) and a guy who loves his work, it was truly a joy to have him watching out for us.
We shared a mussels appetizer Richard was right, you could eat a loaf of bread on the sauce. They were really great.
As mains, my wife had the "100 mile" dinner which was amazing whitefish covered in sunflower seeds, and I the great meat eater had their amazing wild pacific salmon in a chipotle maple syrup gaze. I am know to say that "my favourite fish is salami", but this truly was spectacular. I did promises Richard that I woudl try next time their huge argentinian sirlion.
We had a great bottle of Italian. No desserts as we were full.
a disappointment is that this Thursday 5 course Quebec tapas and tasting (resplendant with Quebec ciders, beers and wines) is sold out with a waiting list of 35.
The first visit to Explorers made me rest even more reassured that my slow move to the Georgian bay area after many years on the international circuit will go down much easier.
truly a most enjoyable experience, and I look forward to becoming a regular.
Chapeau!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank winnipegkid
Midland, Canada
“Best place to eat in the area!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Tucked away on a side street, this place is amazing with a cozy dining experiance and amazing food. There is a very diverse menu and the Argentinian Steak is the best steak I have ever had. Also the Peanut Butter Pie is out of this world. If you can, attend one of their Tapas and Tastings nights!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank WingnutTraveller
WEST CHESTER
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

This small place serves up big city quality. A wide selection of wines beer appetizers and main courses. Food is worth the value paid. Nicely decorated with artwork worth closer inspection