“Great experience at the Ale House”

Cellarman's Alehouse
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Traditional British Pub Full Service Restaurant 12 Draught on Tap
Loveland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience at the Ale House”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a local place to have a beer and get some recommendations on hotel and place to eat for dinner. We are a happily out lesbian couple and were treated so nicely by the manager and staff at Cellarman's. We had a few beers and tried the Scotch eggs. They were both amazing. We decided to go back for dinner since their menu choices were excellent and the place was so friendly. The manager remembered our names and introduced us to the other people working there. It felt like we had been going there for years and that we were family. The chef made us each a great meal and we had tons of left over Etoufee and Butter Chicken Curry. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to relax while you drink some beer and have some great food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gina M

“Varied Menu with Many Choices”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I love their Caesar Dressing. Everything I have tried there has been good. Sometimes they are a bit slow though. :/

Coldwater, Canada
“Extreemly poor service and food that was lacking in quality”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I will be brief It took an hour to get our apps to the table and then 15 to 20 mins later an overcooked steak , so everyone else ate while they refired another one . they charged $ 25.00 for a 12 oz striploin , french fries and a few steamed vegtables . I will not be back , one of the worst dining experiences in a long time.Oh I almost forgot one of our party of six ordered at the same time the rest of the table did and had his order within 15 mins so he ate alone .

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Ken M
Orillia, Canada
“Left disappointed and let down”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a one of a kind restaurant tonight when we thought of Cellarmans. So we got there, a little hard to find being down a little alley. When we were seated our server came and took our drink orders and menus, etc.

So we got our drinks and we started looking at the menu, nicely laid out and a good variety and were ready within a few minutes. It wasn't until 20 minutes later when our order was taken by the notice of another server that we had been waiting so long. We ordered the deep fried dills as a starter, the fish and chips and the steak and wild mushroom pie.

Being a culinary college graduate myself and my girlfriend being a server for 5 years, we both know it shouldn't take another 20 minutes to bring out a deep fried appetizer with only one other table in the restaurant. I would also like to point out that this other table was getting what looked like exceptional service. Anyway, we finally got our appetizers....along with our entrees. A bit tacky as we didn't exactly want everything all at once.

The deep fried dills were in fact delicious though. The fish was good, but the batter was terribly under seasoned and had almost no taste and the tarter sauce tasted like mayo and relish. My steak and wild mushroom pie was good and could tell that it was made from scratch and the homemade fries were next to perfection.

Overall, as a place like Cellarmans Alehouse which has a good traditional pub vibe with a mostly scratch made menu, we were let down and disappointed. I would recommend this restaurant if you have more than a hour to eat and might go back to try more of the menu with the hopes of better service.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Curtis F
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great wings and fries!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've eaten at Celllarmans twice. Almost everything is homemade, from sauces, to hand pressed burgers to hand cut fries. I had a burger the first time which was pretty good - the fries were GREAT. And the second night I had a ceasar salad(needed more garlic but was good) and chicken wings (which were GREAT!!)

I would recommend the place. The service was friendly and welcoming and it was clean.

And the beer selection was pretty good for a small pub.

Cheers.