“Reliable place to stop for the night”
Review of Super 8 Midland

Super 8 Midland
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stay at more than a few Super 8 properties (as well as a lot of other hotels), and this is one of the best at this price level. From the inviting lobby, to the courteous desk service, to the cleanliness of the room, I was quite pleased. One small problem was that my room appeared to be in a wi-fi "dead spot". This was just a fluke, and the desk was quite willing to move me to a different room. I declined and did the little bit of work I needed to do by taking my laptop down to the lobby. I appreciated their willingness to accommodate, though.

Room Tip: According to management, the wi-fi dead spot seems to be related to the slight bend in the building...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Kathy, you have it all figured out as to how to run a hotel and treat people
Your staff is the friendliest and most helpful right from the front desk to housekeeping
The hotel is clean, bright, welcoming and every way a 5 star from these standards
We look forward to being back as often as we can
Thanks for ALL you provide

Stayed: April 2012
gmsuper8midland, General Manager at Super 8 Midland, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Hi again Trip Advisor Friends!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your super kind words and postings! We are so grateful to have such lovely and friendly guests not only stay with us, but continue to give us great feedback and comment on your experiences while visiting! We hope everyone will consider trip to Super 8 Midland so we can have another opportunity to show you all we really do care! Have a safe spring!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Room was clean, and quite well appointed. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was great and the provisions (towels, soap, etc) were available. Parking was well placed and the area had stores, restaurants close by. All the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This was, for us a typical stay at the Super 8 in Midland: courteous reception, excellent service, clean room and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

In response to the bed bug review, I must add that I too came away with several "bites". I find it very difficult to believe that we all stayed one night at this hotel (the only common denominator) and you say the bites were not from our stay. An admission and appology could have gone a long way. Unfortunatley, you know that you have a problem and are now trying hard to cover up. The first hotel staff person I spoke to regarding this issue, admitted to me that you had a problem with 4 rooms and it was being investigated. Stated a manager would call me in the morning. The boating population in the Midland/Penatang area is larger than you think. We will be certain that they are all aware of the "bites" we recieved during our stay. You have only heard from a couple of people from our group, the quiet one's are the one's you should worry about!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank LAHBarrie
gmsuper8midland, General Manager at Super 8 Midland, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear valuable Guest,
Thank you for bringing your complaints to us. As the manager and team of Super 8 Midland we never want any of our guest un-satisfied. There for if any one has any doubts about booking with us at Super 8 Midland, they can contact myself directly for copy of the report given to us by Orkin Pest Control showing that we have no evidence of bed bugs at our location. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you we care.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

While staying here frequently when i visit my mom, i became very ill this time. The staff were very compassionate and helpful, going the extra mile to help me be as comfortable as possible. I really appreciated this because being sick away from home can be difficult but the atmosphere at this place made me safe and warm.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We went here with friends (booked about 8 rooms) and many of us had bed bug bites afterwards. I called to let them know and they had fumigators come in and the manger told me the rooms were all clean. I find this hard to believe after many of us, all in different rooms go bitten. I think they are hiding something. Unless you want to sleep with bed bugs.... don't go to the Super 8 in Midland.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank bdj
gmsuper8midland, General Manager at Super 8 Midland, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your response expressing the issues you encountered after your stay at Super 8 Midland. At Super 8 Midland we take great pride in our standards of cleanliness and consider pest control to be a very serious issue and to not take complains lightly. Upon further research and a visit from Orkin Pest Control to thoroughly inspect all the rooms in question, it was determined and I am happy to conclude and report that no evidence of bed bugs or any other pests were found at Super 8 Midland.
We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future. It is our goal to provide the very best to each and every guest.
Yours in hospitality,
Kathryn Laliberte

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Comfort Inn Midland
1 mi away
Knights Inn Midland
Knights Inn Midland
#6 of 8 in Midland

Been to Super 8 Midland? Share your experiences!