Midland Inn & Suites
Knights Inn Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
$58
$46
Super 8 Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
$79
Comfort Inn Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
$78
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Rawley Resort(Port Severn)
Priceline
All reviewscoffee machinehot breakfastrooms are largesausagenice tablemajor attractionsmodern furniturewheelchair accessno elevatorstandard roommidland arealooked brand newroom was immaculately cleanexcellent staybagelsprice pointwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2014

HOTEL: We travelled as a family of 2 adults + 2 kids in the summer and had a great stay. According to one staff, the hotel is approx 2 yrs old. I think it opened around 2012 so the newest hotel in Midland so very new, very clean. (and since it is near a police station, I would say very safe if you're concerned about that). Free parking. If you book directly with the hotel's website, you get discounted rate. Free hi speed wifi

ROOM QUALITY: Amazing! Looks like a room of a 4-star hotel. The room is very bright, spacious but refreshing. Beds are very comfortable.

CLEANLINESS: It seems to me that the cleaning staff and concierge are happy with their job and therefore it reflects on the high standard of cleanliness and friendliness of all the staff. It made our trip very comfortable and rejuvenating. Thanks so much everyone.

BREAKFAST: Amazing! Not buffet but big plates! You have a choice of pancakes, eggs (any kind) or omelette (cheese, western, tomato). All breakfast come with BACON, toasts & orange juice. Served 7-9am weekday (not sure what time they serve breakfast during weekend). FREE coffee, cappucino, hot cocoa, tea, hot water 24/7. Suggestion would be to change up the bacon the next day to sausage or ham?

RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT IN MIDLAND & AREA:
1. Discovery Harbour (visit for 3 hours)
2. Sault Sainte Marie on the Hurons (visit for 3 hours)
3. Balm Beach (a local person calls it their own Wasaga Beach but less commercialized)
amazing free beach, very clean, metered parking, water sports available
we also visited Wye Marsh, Castle Village

CONVENIENCE: This hotel is walking distance to Walmart superstore, Boston Pizza.
1 min drive to Sault Saint-Marie on the Hurons
5 min to Cineplex, downtown Midland
10 min to Balm Beach, Discovery habour

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Jose C
Midland_Inn, Owner at Midland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words. As staff, we do our best to ensure our guests receive the best service and comfort during their visit. We are very pleased to have contributed to your stay. It is also nice to hear that you were able to take advantage of the attractions our town has to offer.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is a little out of the way and a great place for snow-mobilers and people who want privacy and peace and quiet. The staff are exceptional and go out of their way to be helpful; many thanks to Roman and, most especially, Lisa. Whatever she is being paid is not enough.
Hopefully, as time goes on, this hotel will start to add some amenities that would really add to it's appeal. They have a great cook for the included breakfast but could add a first class dinner menu to that [the owner owns Mom's-more about that in another review].
It is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. They are a five minute drive from the Martyrs' Shrine and the waterfront.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gowens56

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and received great service in ensuring that your visit was accommodating and comfortable.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I agree with all the positive reviews about Midland Inn & Suites provided on Tripadvisor.
Initially booked a 2 night stay and was so impressed and happy with the deluxe 2 queen bed room that after a delicious breakfast on the first morning we added a third night for our visit to Midland/Penetanguishene (husband and I traveled with our 6 and 7 y.o boys)
We were warmly greeted by Lisa at check-in. She was friendly, professional and is a valuable asset to the hospitality industry.
The best way to reach the hotel from HWY 12 is it drive to King St. and turn onto Prospect Ave. If you go on Beamish Rd it's a gravel road with many large potholes.

Room Tip: If you like to keep the window open, request a room facing the parking lot and fields, it's quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank pearlanch
Midland_Inn, Owner at Midland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We strive to offer a variety of amenities and excellent service and we are glad to hear that we have contributed to your comfort and happiness during your stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel was beautiful, the service was amazing, breakfast was deliscious. The front desk and chef were very friendly, very nice rooms that were immaculate. Good location close to lots of resturaunts. Will deffinatly stay here again! Recommend it to anyone looking to stay in midland. Also they have beautiful local art displayed all through the hotel which made my stay very homey

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Kelsapher

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. Service, comfort and cleanliness are our top priorities and we are very pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience. We are glad to have contributed to your stay feeling a little like home.
We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We just came back from spending one night at the new Midland Inn & Suites hotel and I would go back ten times over. It doesn't have a pool but the complimentary hot breakfast was great and very quick. We walked into the dinning room and the chef came out and asked us if we wanted orange juice and I said two please then we sat ourselves down at the table. You can choose from six breakfast items from the menu which is served from 8:00 am - 10:00 am on weekends. My daughter ordered the French toast with bacon and she got like five pieces of French toast with three pieces of bacon. My boyfriend and I ordered the two eggs over easy with three pieces of bacon, three medallion hash browns and four slices of brown toast. Our breakfast arrived within five minutes of ordering it and it was great. The bacon was crispy and my daughter couldn't finish her breakfast because she had too much on her plate. Plus they have a Van Houtte coffee machine in the dinning room and you can pick your strength, flavour shot, sugar amount and cream. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon our room already had the air-conditioner on set at 74 and I adjusted it to our liking. The guy at the reception desk also helped in the dinning room getting orders, drinks and clearing the tables. This system works very well and I thanked the chef personally as well as I thanked the guy at the reception. We were about half an hour away from the hotel when my daughter realized she forgot her stuffed teddy bear so I called the hotel and spoke with the guy at the reception desk and I told him that we were about half an hour away and that we just checked out earlier and that my daughter had left her teddy bear. I told him what room were in and he said it hadn't been cleaned yet and that her bear would be waiting for us at the front desk I thanked him. We went back to get teddy and my daughter was happy. The room was spacious with two queen sized beds, a little fridge and a Van Houtte coffee machine with cream and sugar and cups for two coffees. The only thing I would change is that they give you two creams per coffee instead of one each. A table for two, a radio with Ipod and a hook-up for wireless but you must bring your own cords. Very clean and quiet. Great Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family