“Restaurant in Midland Ontario”

The Boathouse Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse Eatery is located at the town Docks overlooking beautiful Georgian Bay. With numerous areas to sit from inside dining, outdoor patio, upstairs private dining, we're sure you will have a favourite section. Our upstairs dining room is great for private bookings of parties of up to 45 people. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week and live entertainment every Friday & Saturday night. One of Georgian Bay's best waterfront restaurants.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went to Midland to take a client out for lunch. Arrived at restaurant at 1:45 pm. Atmosphere was nice and it looked out over the Midland harbour. We sat by the window which was cold. As was the temperature. Restaurant was not busy only one other table in our section (at Christmas time?). That should have been the give away at lunch time. Server was pleasant and courteous. Things went down hill with the prices and food. 6 coconut shrimp $12 and they were overcooked actually looked burnt. Having owned a restaurant i know the fryer oil had not been changed in awhile. Hamburger with cheese & 1 1/2 strips of bacon with under cooked onion rings and a burnt thin patty $14. The burger did include over cooked (same oil) frozen fry's. Would have had a better burger and fry's at Harvey's for about 7 bucks. My client did not complain about his meal (BLT) $14. How can you when you are being treated for lunch. So in closing 1 BLT with fry's one Bacon Cheese burger with fry's, one coke, one small Perrier water with lemon, and one appetizer. With tax and tip $62.00. Ugh! I can't see the manager stating that his menu is competitive with the other local establishments. They would certainly have better food for those prices if that is true...

1  Thank Kinsey_doc
Kirk M, Owner at The Boathouse Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Greatly appreciated.

I wish you brought this to my attention while at the restaurant and I could of moved you to a seat beside our beautiful fireplace and remade your order.

At your convenience, can you kindly give me a call at 705.443.9098.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to talk with you soon.

Best Regards,

Kirk R. McNabb
O/O

There are newer reviews for The Boathouse Eatery

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The upside the servers were polite and helpful as are all Canadians I have met? Food IMO expensive but to be fair quality was not too bad. It is not my job to say how they should or should not do things and for that reason I will say this place is average with high prices.

1  Thank ebbcourt
Kirk M, Owner at The Boathouse Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for you feedback.

I'm happy to hear you found our servers polite and helpful and you enjoyed your visit.

Sorry you feel our prices are high but I feel we are priced average compared to our competitors.

If you come back to Canada, I hope you come join us for another meal on our beautiful waterfront patio.

Cheers

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Busy place. People keep going there.

We had pasta and a burger/fries. The food was good.

The service wasn't as good. Very slow, both to be served, and to receive our bill.

The view was good, both from the deck, and from inside at a window table, where we sat. Not much to look at, but reasonably clean.

1  Thank Derrick L

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm happy to hear you found our restaurant clean and you had a great view over looking Georgian Bay.

Sorry to hear the service was a little slow but I think we can all agree everyone was happy to enjoy the beautiful Thanksgiving Weekend outside with plus 20 weather.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

After spending the day biking the trails around Midland, we were looking forward to a nice lunch. We found one at the Boathouse. The patio is beautiful on a fall afternoon overlooking the bay of Midland. Even some of the inside seating had a wonderful view as well. The food was scrumptious. I had the burger/fries and it was really delicious and fresh. My husband had the fish & chips and I even tasted it and we both agreed it was one of the best fish dinners we have had! Highly recommend a visit.

Glad to hear you had an excellent visit and you enjoyed our great food and the beautiful view overlooking Georgian Bay.

Thank you for your review.

Cheers

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Service was good, a little slow but they were very busy. Waiter was great and energetic, and accommodating. The owner / manger greeted us at they door and apologized for the delay, and offered good advice to sitting inside as the weather he just heard was expected to change to rain.
Food was hot and good and price was reasonable.
I wound surely go back.