“Great patio! Wonderful service and Excellent Entertainment!”

The Boathouse Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse Eatery is located at the town Docks overlooking beautiful Georgian Bay. With numerous areas to sit from inside dining, outdoor patio, upstairs private dining, we're sure you will have a favourite section. Our upstairs dining room is great for private bookings of parties of up to 45 people. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week and live entertainment every Friday & Saturday night. One of Georgian Bay's best waterfront restaurants.
Midland, Ontario, Canada
“Great patio! Wonderful service and Excellent Entertainment!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went to try out the Boathouse's patio and got there during "happy hour" with some friends - well, be careful, because if you are having too good of a time a short meet can turn into a great night!
Great staff and the Asian Beef salad is Amazing!! Eringer is an awesome wheat beer as well!

• Polish first
WASAGA BEACH
“Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited The Boathouse on a Friday night and it was absolutely fantastic. We went there as 2 couples and enjoyed every minute.
We were greeted at the door immediately by a very friendly hostess. She got us to a table and took our drink orders (Even though it was busy).
The server was knowledgeable and ensure we got everything in a timely manner.
The Food! We had a Crew Platter that had giant tasty chicken wings (some of the best I have had) tasty dip and chips, crispy deep fried pickles, and wonderful bruschetta.
The main courses also fantastic, I had the Ribs (fall off the bone tasty) the full rack is the way to go and add chicken wings if you don't have them to start. Fish and chips were fantastic and fresh. Everyone really enjoyed their main courses and ate everything on their plates!

The dessert menu was well done with good easy choices and not over bearing like chain restaurants. Butter tarts were warm and great.

The weather was still a little cold to enjoy the patio, but it looks big and a great place to sit and enjoy the view and some tasty beverages.

They have a great beer selection and live bands, We will be definitely going back to experience some great service and very tasty food.

• Visited April 2013
Victoria Harbour, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“local with out of town visitors”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

patio was great,calamari and chicken wings were good but the side order of shrimp was excellent. the plexi glass around the patio is a great improvement it gives a much better view of the bay, I will definitely be there a few more times this season

Hi Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent visit to The Boathouse Eatery. I'm glad you had a good visit and you enjoyed our patio.

Every day we try to enhance our guests experience by making changes for the better. Opening up the view by adding new patio glass is one of them. I'm glad you like it.

I would like to provide you a gift card as a way of thanking you for taking the time to write a review.

I can be contacted at kirkmcnab@icloud.com or 705.527.7480

Cheers
Barrie, Canada
“40 minutes for lunch and then tasteless to boot!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

So here we are again for a second time - giving you a second chance....you blew it again!The sun is shining and the crisp breeze is in the air - thats the only positive things on this day during our recent visit to The Boathouse Eatery - i think that you should rename this palce the Boathouse Boozery - we arrive and are told we can sit anywhere we like on the patio and someone will be over to serve us - 15 minutes later we finally get our drinks we place or food order. At the 35 minute mark my husband gets up and goes into the restaurant and asks "wheres our food"?!! We get told it will be right out and it was we were looking forward to digging in to our mac n cheese .....lots of mac but no cheese or flavour at all and as it cooled it went rock hard - Microwave cooking i say! , we are dumbfounded ...wait 40 minutes for our food and its this poor wow! I would rather eat Beefaroni from a can which would have more flavour. Do yourselves a favour skip the food or pack your own and enjoy the great patio oh and if you are goin to do renovations do them when you are closed or they are non intrusive to guests!

2 Thank Trevor S
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for taking the time to write another review. I'm very sorry to hear you had a poor experience again. We've made numerous changes for the better and normally we don't get this type of feedback. I would like the opportunity to discuss either on the phone or in person. Can we make this happen? The restaurant phone number is 705.527.7480

Also, I would like to provide a gift card for you to give us another chance as I know we normally have happy, satisfied customers and I would like you to be one of them.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
“Best patio BUT... Terrible Food/Service”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I've read and experienced the reviews and service of this restaurant but thought I would try it again under the new management... I was disappointed... Again.

We waited at the 'Please wait to be seated' sign while 4 groups of people passed us and sat them selves and about 4 servers looked at us and walked away. Finally the manager ca,e to sit us. I ordered a Ceasar and my friend asked what beers were on tap. The server replied, "You're asking the wrong person." And told us to look at the drink menu z(which we weren't given, and upon getting ourselves did not have a list of the beers on tap). Finally my friend ordered a Heineken and was given a Stella... Close enought I guess.

The worst part was the food. Upon the servers recommendation I ordered the burger. It came out 25 mins later (a reasonable time for a busy nice day and was burnt on both sides and completely pink in the middle.... I noticed this after getting 1/3rd into my burger. Needless to say I ended up missing a trip to toronto to see my boyfriend and was a frequent visitor of the percelin throne for a few days.

I would not recommend this restaurant

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Meghan B
Hi Meghan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to The Boathouse Eatery.

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience and sounds like you have some valid concerns. I value negative feedback greatly and I do thank you.

Every day we continue to work on improving our guest experience at the restaurant but with the early start to the patio season and hiring 15 new employees we unfortunately have slipped with our customer service and quality of food with your visit.

We have a great staff and every day we continue to focus on training. I'm positive if you give us another chance we will impress you. I would like to provide you with a gift card and invite you back.

Please contact me at kirkmcnabb@icloud.com

Again, thank you for your review.