“local with out of town visitors”

The Boathouse Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse Eatery is located at the town Docks overlooking beautiful Georgian Bay. With numerous areas to sit from inside dining, outdoor patio, upstairs private dining, we're sure you will have a favourite section. Our upstairs dining room is great for private bookings of parties of up to 45 people. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week and live entertainment every Friday & Saturday night. One of Georgian Bay's best waterfront restaurants.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

patio was great,calamari and chicken wings were good but the side order of shrimp was excellent. the plexi glass around the patio is a great improvement it gives a much better view of the bay, I will definitely be there a few more times this season

Kirk M, Owner at The Boathouse Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Hi Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent visit to The Boathouse Eatery. I'm glad you had a good visit and you enjoyed our patio.

Every day we try to enhance our guests experience by making changes for the better. Opening up the view by adding new patio glass is one of them. I'm glad you like it.

I would like to provide you a gift card as a way of thanking you for taking the time to write a review.

I can be contacted at kirkmcnab@icloud.com or 705.527.7480

Reviewed May 6, 2013

So here we are again for a second time - giving you a second chance....you blew it again!The sun is shining and the crisp breeze is in the air - thats the only positive things on this day during our recent visit to The Boathouse Eatery - i think that you should rename this palce the Boathouse Boozery - we arrive and are told we can sit anywhere we like on the patio and someone will be over to serve us - 15 minutes later we finally get our drinks we place or food order. At the 35 minute mark my husband gets up and goes into the restaurant and asks "wheres our food"?!! We get told it will be right out and it was we were looking forward to digging in to our mac n cheese .....lots of mac but no cheese or flavour at all and as it cooled it went rock hard - Microwave cooking i say! , we are dumbfounded ...wait 40 minutes for our food and its this poor wow! I would rather eat Beefaroni from a can which would have more flavour. Do yourselves a favour skip the food or pack your own and enjoy the great patio oh and if you are goin to do renovations do them when you are closed or they are non intrusive to guests!

2  Thank Trevor S

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for taking the time to write another review. I'm very sorry to hear you had a poor experience again. We've made numerous changes for the better and normally we don't get this type of feedback. I would like the opportunity to discuss either on the phone or in person. Can we make this happen? The restaurant phone number is 705.527.7480

Also, I would like to provide a gift card for you to give us another chance as I know we normally have happy, satisfied customers and I would like you to be one of them.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've read and experienced the reviews and service of this restaurant but thought I would try it again under the new management... I was disappointed... Again.

We waited at the 'Please wait to be seated' sign while 4 groups of people passed us and sat them selves and about 4 servers looked at us and walked away. Finally the manager ca,e to sit us. I ordered a Ceasar and my friend asked what beers were on tap. The server replied, "You're asking the wrong person." And told us to look at the drink menu z(which we weren't given, and upon getting ourselves did not have a list of the beers on tap). Finally my friend ordered a Heineken and was given a Stella... Close enought I guess.

The worst part was the food. Upon the servers recommendation I ordered the burger. It came out 25 mins later (a reasonable time for a busy nice day and was burnt on both sides and completely pink in the middle.... I noticed this after getting 1/3rd into my burger. Needless to say I ended up missing a trip to toronto to see my boyfriend and was a frequent visitor of the percelin throne for a few days.

I would not recommend this restaurant

4  Thank Meghan B

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to The Boathouse Eatery.

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience and sounds like you have some valid concerns. I value negative feedback greatly and I do thank you.

Every day we continue to work on improving our guest experience at the restaurant but with the early start to the patio season and hiring 15 new employees we unfortunately have slipped with our customer service and quality of food with your visit.

We have a great staff and every day we continue to focus on training. I'm positive if you give us another chance we will impress you. I would like to provide you with a gift card and invite you back.

Please contact me at kirkmcnabb@icloud.com

Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went to the Boathouse Eatery for the live music one weekend and were pleasantly surprised by how good the steak was. Very flavourful and oh so tender. I thoroughly enjoyed the vegetables. We will go back soon. Can't wait for the waterside patio to open.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent visit to The Boathouse Eatery and I'm glad you had a good visit.

I can be contacted at kirkmcnab@icloud.com or 705.527.7480

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great spot to watch the ice breaking on Georgian Bay! Truly enjoyed lunch. Excellent service and food was fast to the table. The double Loaded Baked Potato soup was almost a meal on its own. Was suggested to try the Chicken BLT and Caesar Salad. Couldn't finish it all and ended up enjoying it again for dinner! Under new management and they have got their game on.
Witnessed the very first customers sitting on the patio (which is going to be revamped I am told).
An awesome location and a gem of Georgian Bay for sure! I will be back to party on the patio this summer.

1  Thank Kinger69