“Let down by service”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The mains were nice but the service was very slow,even the desert was painfully slow in coming out.my desert(cheesecake) was stodgy and I didn't eat it.The waitress didn't offer to take it off the bill even after asking did I not enjoy it and being told the truth.that kind of thing always irks.

3  Thank Gary B

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went there on the Saturday night of the August long weekend. It was surprisingly not busy that we became skeptical for one second. But the following dishes and service was all amazing! Staff was tentative the whole time we were there and the atmosphere was cozy and peaceful.Most importantly, everything we ordered exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We are from Burlington ON and whenever we visit my sister in Midland ON we like to visit the Library Restaurant. We enjoy the atmosphere and the food. We dined there again on Saturday night and I must say that the Buttered Fried Beef Liver & Smoked Bacon dinner was absolutely delicious!!! I find it difficult to find a restaurant where the liver is cooked even close to properly. This liver was cooked perfectly and there were plenty of healthy vegetables to go along with the dinner. So for those of you who like liver, go for it!!!! Also, the meals the others had were apparently delicious as well. They looked really good!! I am looking forward to trying more entrees next time we are there! It is a really great restaurant! p.s. Have enjoyed an afternoon on the patio in the past as well as evening entertainment. Nice times indeed!

2  Thank irene m
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food was very well presented and very tasty. Service was friendly. Husband's steak was not cooked as requested but was immediately taken away and replaced. Server should ask that patron cut into a steak to see if is done as requested. I had requested my lamb to to be medium-rare but it came well done - still enjoyed it. Desserts were yummy.

1  Thank ChillyWilly85
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Library is one of our favourite stops in Midland, but on the weekend I had the special: a plate of BC spot prawns with roast duck and Asian noodles. Sounded fantastic, looked fantastic, but I didn't know much about whole prawns. I couldn't get the meat out of the tails. The flesh was mealy and mushy. Only one of the four had firm flesh. This, I found out later, is a symptom of old shrimp. They may have been refrozen, or left out long enough for a naturally ocurring enzyme to start breaking down the meat. Worried abou the after-effects now...
The salad was great, my wife's meal was great, dessert was good and service as always was impeccable. Avoid the exotic, is my advice.

1  Thank curlygayle