“Fantastic setting, lovely house and special breakfasts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Midland
Beacon Shore Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 9 Midland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Staying at Beacon Shore was one of the highlights of our trip to Canada last summer (August 2012). We stayed at some lovely guest houses but this one was extra special. The setting was lovely with the historic lighthouse in the garden and the lake at the bottom of the garden. The house is beautiful especially Bob's beautiful woodwork and Jacquie's photos. We were made very welcome and the breakfasts were particularly special. Make sure you try the Captain's breakfast. Also make sure that you bring a good appetite.

The lake was great for swimming after a busy day as long as you don't mind the cold.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Beacon Shore B&B is not to be missed! Bob's attention to construction details of their lovely Cape Cod home was noteworthy. I had the suite overlooking the grounds and the Bay. A cruise
on Miss Midland will allow you to see what a wonderful choice they made in building their home
in this location. Jacquie's gourmet breakfasts, along with Bob's fresh fruit plate are to die for. I
only spent 5 days with them and upon leaving, felt that I was leaving two friends, rather than "hosts".. I would have liked to have stayed for a month. This has to be my favourite B&B after more then 40 years of travelling and staying in such accommodation everywhere.

Should I be lucky enough to be there in early June, no doubt you'd find me helping Jacquie in her
large English garden picking weeds.

Room Tip: The suite is very spacious and the view of sunrise over the Bay spectacular!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had joined two other couples for a biking holiday, based at the Beacon Shore B&B and
were treated to an excellent experience.The accommodations are beautiful, the setting cozy
and spectacular. The hosts attentive and welcoming and the food delicious! We and the
other couples agreed that this is a gem that will bring us back regularly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I very spontaneously stayed at this B&B over thanksgiving as they had a room available. A true 5-star treatment. It felt like staying at a friends house. The interiors are high quality, the host is the extremely helpful and accommodating and the surroundings are serene and just beautiful.
I would recommend for anyone looking for some peace and quite in a picturesque environment to stay at Beacon Shore.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was in Midland on business and spent one night in a chain hotel with an awful breakfast. I decided to investigate the Bed and Breakfasts in town and this place was the clear winner on Tripadvisor. This place lived up to the high ratings.
From the first email through every detail, Jackie and Bob were great hosts.
The room was great, I even had a beautiful view of the bay from my window.
And the breakfast started with a plate of a variety of fruit, followed by an omellette, toast, and home made Cran-ana jam. AWESOME!

Overall, i was quite impressed with this place. I would recommend it to anyone - business traveler, romantic travelers, or even someone looking to get away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Beacon Shore B&B deserves the best B&B award. Lots of thought went into making our stay as perfect as possible. Jackie and Bob were perfect hosts and every detail was planned with precision. The menu was fabulous, fresh and everything home made. We were only able to book it for 3 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked Georgian Bay but all rooms are very quiet and immaculate
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We spent a very pleasant stay at the Beacon Shore B&B, Midland, Ontario, Canada. it was our daughter Elaine's gift to my wife Christine and I. We stayed there during the fall and the colours were fantastic but the accommodation was extra special the hosts made sure we were comfortable and the breakfast was absolutey first class.

We have now returned home to Scotland and will remeber this as one of our best memories from Canada.

Jim & Christine Swan, Whitburn, West Lothian, Scotland, UK

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Comfort Inn Midland
4 mi away
Super 8 Midland
Super 8 Midland
#2 of 8 in Midland

Been to Beacon Shore Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!