“Nice Family Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice Family Restaurant”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I've been here any times and have always had a good meal. Reasonably priced - best bruschetta anywhere ! Peter and his family have done a fine job at making this an enjoyable dining experience. Kudos to all of them. Always know that it's value for the dollar.

• Visited February 2014

“Valentine's Day Disappointment”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Based on several previous positive experiences at this place, we decided to try it for Valentine's Day - an important occasion. What a mistake! Rather than ordering the three-course special, we ordered from the abbreviated menu. My wife had a chicken dish, while I went with the veal. I would be embarrassed to serve such small portions to a guest. My two pieces of veal were very thin, and veggies consisted of two small pieces of potato, three carrot wheels, one small broccoli floret and one small cauliflower floret. My wife's chicken was slightly larger, and accompanied by the same child's portion of veggies. Both dishes were barely warm, and were cold by the time we finished. Some tables were served bread - we were not. To add insult to injury, the owner jacked up the price for these dishes by an extra $5.00 from what is shown on their website. We left as quickly as we could, and the best part of the evening was some left over quiche we had at home. An e-mail, followed by a letter, resulted in the owner/manager expressing his disappointment that we did not enjoy our dinner.

• Visited February 2014
Stouffville
“An expert in offering a quality fine dining experience.”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been taking my wife and children out for dinner to the finest restaurants in York region for several years. I have experienced them all only to learn after taking them to Villa Risi over give dozen times that you can not have a more enjoyable dining experience than with Peter and his superb team. From food quality to ambiance, from service and plentiful meals, a discerning palate truly can't compare the authentic and fine Italian experience. I'm sure that no establishment has a perfect score but Villa Risi, I can truly say has never disappointed my family and I would be surprised to hear that any discerning guests (other than the small percentage of those impossible to please) have had anything but a top ten experience.

B. MacRae

• Visited March 2014
Newmarket, Ontario Canada
“An old stand by, still good after all these years”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have not been back to this place for years but when we were looking for a place for the company Christmas dinner we decided this was to be the place. They have live entertainment and a dance floor, a perfect setting for a large group having dinner. We were not disappointed in the food or service, Paul the owner, still supervises the efficient staff the same as he has done for all these years. Every one at the table was happy with their dinner, obviously all their pasta dishes were done perfectly as were all our other choices. I can heartily recommend this place to any one looking for an evening out, the entertainment is low key and great for dancing too.

• Visited December 2013
“Superb !”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant. I lived in Newmarket for over 25 years and used to think I had to go downtown to enjoy superb food and to have a great time. Not anymore! I went to Villa Risi last weekend and couldnt be more than satisfied. The food was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the Veal Duxelle ..you gotta try this dish!! My partner had the Gnocchi ..out of this world !! so so good ! The service was excellent. The server was upbeat, and smiling all the time, very attentive but not intrusive. The decor was so beautiful and unique. They had an amazing piano player and wonderful singer. A good size dance floor too.Their wine list is extensive and the price range is varied so you have a lot of choices. We felt pampered, well fed, and entertained. What more can you ask for! We love this place !!!

• Visited September 2013