“Amazing”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Richmond Hill
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Best EVER! Hi thgis was the best food ive ever had its so good no other words. nothing better if you are near here come their is no reason not to

• Visited May 2013

Toronto
“Very Good”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recently had a Saturday night dinner here. Had Lamb as I recall which was very nice would have liked a couple of more potatoes but still dinner was excellent. Entertainment that night was Piano and a singer both were very good. Will go again.

• Visited February 2013
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Entertainment!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Villa Risi was our choice for our anniversary dinner, and we were not disappointed. The calamari in honey citrus was supurb - not chewy like at other restaurants. We both had the special - a veal dish and cesar salad., and the wine pairing was perfect. The entertainment made out evening complete. Even though we did not get up to dance, we enjoyed watching those who did. After a nice specialty coffee, we decided to leave before we ended up staying all night. Thank you Peter. It was a lovely time. Great service, food and entertainment. What more could you ask for.

• Visited February 2013
toronto
“Was I at a different restaurant?”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was invited here for an anniversary dinner and I was not looking forward to it based on the reviews I read on TA. The anniversary couple lives in Newmarket and they said that they come here often and really like it. I was more than pleasantly surprised. Except for the place being 1/2 empty on a Friday night, everything was on par or better than most Italian restaurants in Toronto.

First, the decor is lovely. There are two rooms and they are decorated beautifully. The only change I would make is to change the tables from glass top to wood because everything clanked and made a lot of noise. Not really a deal breaker.

There were six of us and we ordered quite a variety of dishes. The appetizers included both grilled and fried calamai and onion soup. Both calamari versions had huge portions. I preferred the grilled and it was perfectly prepared. The fried was a table favourite and also very delicious. I didn't try the onion soup but it looked very cheesy and the two people who had it raved about the flavour.

Mains included a massive plate of gnocchi in rose sauce, veal in lemon sauce, shrimps and scallops and an order of lasagna. Again, everything was delicious (and I tasted it all personally for the benefit of this review!). Whenever we go to an Italian restaurant, if gnocchi is on the menu, someone will order it. We've had hard gnocchi, soft gnocchi, small and large gnocchi and these ranked way up at the top. They were pillowy and soft but not overcooked and the sauce was a light rose. The veal was perfectly cooked, the lasagna creamy but not overly so and the shrimps and scallops were very tasty.

A special thanks to our waitress, Stephanie, who was around when we needed her but never hovering.

All in all, a great restaurant and I look forward to heading north to Newmarket instead of south to downtown Toronto the next time I'm craving some good, homemade Italian food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jaskev
Mississauga, Canada
“So so”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Great service but the food was nothing to rave about. The calamari had a funny taste, the pasta was bland, the risotto was just ok. We had the fish and a steak on our last visit and it was dry and not very tasty. I find it pricey for the quality of food you get. I don't think I will be coming back anytime soon.