“Quite surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cedar Grill - CLOSED

The Cedar Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Aurora, Canada
“Quite surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went here one day for lunch with some girls from work. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank buxomeblonde

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Lebanese Cuisine: Great Food, Value and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to Cedar Grill with a business colleague; great decor and ambiance, service was impeccable (inviting and prompt should we require anything else at our table), and most importantly the food was excellent - prepared fresh and the value for your dollar was well worth the visit. Will definitely be returning to enjoy another meal. Strongly recommend if you haven't been there to eat.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Mark H
Angus, Canada
“Linger for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

A friend and I were taking a course in the plaza and she recommended going to this place for lunch. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleased upon opening the door. The place is inviting and immaculate. The kitchen is very open and clean as is the restaurant . The service was a little slow to start with, but the server was efficient and frendly. I had the lunch sandwhich and salad combination. What a delicious meal. The plate was pleasing to look at, the produce incredibly fresh and tasted as wonderful as it was presented. I am so glad I was inrtroduced to this place and will be coming back to try many of the other options for dinner.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Not very authentic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had dinner with a friend at The Cedar Grill (with a friend whose husband is Lebanese). I was excited to try the restaurant because I miss the ethnic food options of downtown Toronto!

We ordered the Mezze Sampler because it had a bit of everything, and added the beef shawarma. The pita bread was not homemade, and I'm not convinced the hummus and baba ghanouj were homemade either. The beef shawarma was terrible - tough, chewy meat that was not well spiced. I also had a Corona, but they didn't have any limes!

Overall, we were both disappointed with the food, and probably will not return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Josie Salad, is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have ordered take out from The Cedar Grill many times, and I went with some friends and had lunch at the restaurant for the first time last month. I loved the atmosphere and the service was great. My friends and I hadn't seen each other in a while so we occupied the table for a lengthy period of time eating, drinking and chatting. We were not made to feel rushed at all. The pita and assorted speads that we got prior to our meal were outstanding, but if you do not like garlic don't attempt the white garlic spread. I love garlic and as a result I love this spread/sauce!! They serve it with the meals as well. I usually order the Josie Salad, which is their specialty salad topped with delicious chicken shwarma. When I bring this salad home to my children they devour it! I have ordered the ground meat kabob dinner once and it was quite dry, so now I stick to the Josie Salad as it is my favourite.

• Visited February 2013