“good pub grub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not really a pub more of a pub like eatery - however good pub grub one of the better places in town.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Crow's nest is an awesome family dining experience. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is very inviting. I have been to Crow's Nest many times with family for dinner and lunch, and also after long Christmas shopping trips...I simply love it. I would suggest the chicken wings over anything on the menu, but I have tried basically everything and you really can't go wrong when ordering.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My expectations were low and I was very pleasantly surprised by the awesome food! The parking is a disaster. There is not nearly enough!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had several members of our family meeting in the area for a funeral. We looked online for restaurants and felt the Crow's Nest would meet the needs of our group. The restaurant and pub did not let us down. They were able to accommodate our large group even though we did not have a reservation. Everyone ordered a variety of food and it came to the table in a timely fashion and everyone ate together. The food was fabulous and the service was great.
We couldn't have asked for a greater host. The owner and server were so helpful and even suggested that we tweak our order, as we may have ordered too much.They would have been glad to oblige but didn't want us to order more than we needed. This is unheard of in most businesses. Thank you again and when we are back that way, we will definitely visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This place has been in Newmarket for as long as I can remember, it's in a nice tucked away spot, and has lovely big bright windows. The decor is a little cheesy (a mix of "old" Scottish battle weapons and weird crafty xmas stuff - obviously the time of year), but it's cozy nonetheless. I wasn't crazy about the fact that it's a carpeted pub, it smelled a little like stale beer while we ate breakfast. I just had french toast and bacon, which didn't really wow me in any way. My friend possibly had a hair in her egg, but since we weren't sure, we just ignored it. The staff were friendly, but I probably would opt to go elsewhere for brunch next time. The atmosphere though is a huge plus, and I imagine as a place to go out for a few pints it would be much better.

1  Thank taravl