“my 'rincon' of newmarket”

Bangkok Thai Cuisine
Ranked #16 of 282 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my 'rincon' of newmarket”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have no hesitation in sharing that this is my favourite spot to eat out in Newmarket. I love every charming aspect about it, especially the food, but I will start with the staff: How many visits does it take to have the manager know your name and every member of your family's name? Vi is AWESOME. Bert is a sweetie too, so friendly! So what, the food comes out a little staggered --- that is actually NOT a service fault, that is the kitchen. But no complaints here, I am willing to wait for a good thing.
OK now onto the food: what I like about my pad thai is the combination of: Spicy and sweet, fresh veggies and perfectly cooked noodles. The sauce is always in perfect moderation (NOT soupy!), and I never get that vinegary-ketchupy taste that the amateurs everywhere else try to dish out. The plate is perfect (always too much for me to finish so I take it home and have it for breakfast the next morning) :) --two meals in one!
Oh, and the answer to my question is 3. It was only after 3 inconspicuous visits over the span of 6 months that Vi knew my name and everyone else's name in my family/friends we bring. She knows what she's doing. Keep up the great work!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kaylin-soy-yo

Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very cozy comfortable restaurant with your traditional Thai cuisine options. Atmosphere and food where both great! Their Pad Thai and Cashew chicken are a must try.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Thomas C
Holland Landing Ontario
“The best got even better!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I agree with all of the positive reviews here and take serious umbrage with the negative. We've been patronizing this restaurant for the past few years because the food is great and the staff are really charming and friendly. Their prices are very reasonable and the décor, after the upgrades this year, is comfortable and attractive. There can be a delay in receiving food to the table but it's worth it. We are Pad Thai lovers and the consensus is that Bangkok's is excellent. I like it super spicy and they never disappoint!

What I can't believe is that Bangkok is 26 in Newmarket with a list like this! Embarassing and ridiculous. I place it way up towards the top at 2 or 3!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank SteveG000D
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Bangkok Thai Cuisine was fantastic! From the moment we stepped into the restaurant, the service was excellent. The owner is lovely and so personable, along with her staff. We started off with the Appetizer Assortment which was soooo good and made us excited for what was to follow. We opted for the Pad Thai and we were not disappointed – it was perfectly prepared with just enough sauce and plenty of chicken and tiger shrimps. Finally, we had the Chicken Cashew and the Mixed Vegetables. Both were excellent! Overall, everything was absolutely delicious and so fresh. We will definitely be returning!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Marta R
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
“Great food and better presentations under new management”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Authentic Thai cuisine with reasonable price. The presentation of the food has improved under the new management. Best Thai food in newmarket!

• Visited February 2013