“A real gem on our Main St.”
Review of The Goulash House

The Goulash House
Ranked #3 of 288 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mostly Hungarian and German dishes from fresh ingredients only, made in house by a master chef of 40 yrs.Warm and welcoming service, cozy decor. Restaurant and Bar with an outdoor patio serving great cocktails, mostly German and Check beers, and a good selections of Hungarian Wines.Open 7 Days a week
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times, including the day they opened. The food is always fresh and hot. My favourite is their wiener schnitzel while my husband loves their varieties of goulash. Their meals are always plentiful. We always have take home bags for the next day.Service is always good. They have an excellent lunch menu as well. If you want to go over the weekend reservations are definitely necessary. This restaurant is always clean and the owners are pleasant and enjoy interacting with customers. One of the best places to eat in town. They also have outstanding desserts, apple strudel excellent.

1  Thank Blitzen467
There are newer reviews for The Goulash House

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm always amazed at how good everything is here. I live around the corner from here and have been 5 times since they opened.
Must try:
- Goulash Soup.
- any of the Wooden Platters.

You won't be disappointed.
If you're planning on going with a larger group it's a good idea to make reservations as the space is not very large.
Live accordion music Friday and Saturday evenings.

1  Thank travel81king
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went for our son's 9th birthday a couple of weeks ago, our first time and we absolutely loved it! We were greeted with a smiling and welcoming face by Frank right away and were sat down in our reserved 'window' seat that had great views of Old Main Street.
The Cucumber vinaigrette salad with yummy, and the Schnitzel was awesome. Good place to bring kids too. (Kids menu)
We were given complimentary tomato soup - YUM and even though hot chocolate wasn't on the menu, the owner made my son a cup. They played the Happy Birthday song (loudly) and gave my son a lovely piece of birthday cake. Desserts were amazing. Thank you for a wonderful visit, we will return!

2  Thank JCJ375
Reviewed October 8, 2013

First time there,definitely not the last. Mutti made something very similar to the Jäger Schnitzel
I just have had.I was extremely pleased with my experience.Food,service is top notch.Place reminds me of Europe. Very nice indeed.Highly recommended by my friends ,now by me also.

2  Thank Bernard B
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We only stopped by because we couldn't get in to our favorite restaurant down the street. In the end we were more than impressed with both the quaint atmosphere and the above average service not to mention an above average meal. Our waiter for the evening was Frank and he was really on top of things!! My wife had the wiener schnitzel which was excellent and I had the pierogies which I believe to be homemade. Next time I think we will try the sampler platter which looked amazing. This restaurant will definitely be added to our favorites list for Newmarket

3  Thank jsav_toronto