“A Hungarian feast”

The Goulash House
Ranked #3 of 288 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mostly Hungarian and German dishes from fresh ingredients only, made in house by a master chef of 40 yrs.Warm and welcoming service, cozy decor. Restaurant and Bar with an outdoor patio serving great cocktails, mostly German and Check beers, and a good selections of Hungarian Wines.Open 7 Days a week
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at The Goulash House in Newmarket on Saturday Evening. the food and service were top rate. The Chicken Paprikash, Beef Strogonoff, Goulash and Stuffed Chicken were superb. (We all had to taste everyone's choice) Get the green pea soup too. No room left for dessert, so the next time, we will go for appetisers and dessert. they look too good to pass up. Have tried to get in before, so we made reservations. People don't want to leave and we can't blame them!

1  Thank meilec
There are newer reviews for The Goulash House

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Goulash House is a great place to meet friends and family. It was well worth the 50 km drive.

I was the first to arrive and so hungry I HAD to sneak a soup. Sorry, doesn't anybody else do that? The green pea soup with dumplings was excellent! It wasn't like any soup I've had before. It's a meal in itself so I'd recommend it for a quick take-out lunch. But call ahead, because it was the soup of the day.

We ordered Wiener snitzel, lecso, pulled pork sandwich, chicken paprikash, and cucumber salad from the lunch menu. My husband was a bit disappointed with the Lecso since it didn't come with sausage the way his mother always served it. The pulled pork sandwich was very good, if not exactly Hungarian. My sister-in-law's chicken paprikash must have been great because it was long gone before I thought to steal a taste. The cucumber salad was on the sweet side.

Not one of us had the goulash, which means we'll have to go back. And we definitely will! I hope they take large reservations...

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Food,Service,Ambiance......just perfect.
Tried to get in twice,but without reservation on a Friday...just couldn't make it in.
It was well worth coming back.The place is very nice,our waiter was very pleasant,and the food is exceptional..Had the cabbage roll as an appetizer for my platter,and it was really good.We had the platter after,and it had all kinds of meats and salads with roast potatoes.Definitely a ten out of ten.
Priced right,we left happy and full and sure will return.....

Reviewed March 2, 2013

After reading all reviews, my husband , two friends and myself decided to go there for his birthday.
The service was excellent. The waiter at our table took our orders for drinks immediately.
We were seated near the door and every time the door opened, we froze. One television screen which was only visible to those facing it.
Our meal arrived almost immediately after ordering it which indicates that everything was ready and has stood there for who knows how long. My meal arrived exactly ten minutes after everyone else had received theirs at our table with a little apology.
Food, very mediocre. Having eaten at several restaurants in Hungary and Vienna, I could not compare it to the authentic Hungarian food. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.
Do not think that I would be going back there.

2  Thank Lucinda2004
Reviewed March 1, 2013

was there once, did not like...I had the cabbage rolls. Found way over priced, and small...service slow....no biggie.

1  Thank Pat R