“Excellent Hungarian Fare!”

The Goulash House
Ranked #4 of 305 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mostly Hungarian and German dishes from fresh ingredients only, made in house by a master chef of 40 yrs.Warm and welcoming service, cozy decor. Restaurant and Bar serving great cocktails, mostly German and Chech beers, and a good selections of Hungarian Wines.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

While visiting my son, who has recently moved to Newmarket, we were fortunate enoough to get a table at this excellent family run restaurant. Portions were huge and the food was phenomenal! The service was prompt and friendly! Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Same as Mama used to make. Great place with the most authentic Hungarian food this side of the Danube. The soups are the best I've ever had in a restaurant. We have been there many times and cant stop. Its a problem.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Authentic, wonderful Hungarian cuisine, beautiful atmosphere, attentive service...couldn't ask for a better evening. Huge portions and the perfect recommendations were offered. Thank you Goulash House, we will most definately be returning!! And leave room for dessert...we shared and everything was amazing!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary last night here. The food was absolutely delicious. The service, lighting, decor and ambience were perfect. I would not change a thing. Newmarket is lucky to have this gem. We will most definately be back. Priced right. Good Luck (Judy)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

As soon as you enter you are embraced by the smells of an old european country kitchen. The food did not dissappoint. We had the wood platter for two and the dobosh torte for dessert. Not low calorie but everthing was good. Service was a bit slow but very friendly and reservations will not leave you at the door drooling with no tables available. My only big complaint is if I'm paying premium prices for specialty coffees and desserts you must use REAL WHIPPED CREAM ... nothing is more dissappointing than having a great dessert/coffee with a blob of non-melting odd tasting artificial whipped cream Our friends had a specialty coffee and a dessert with a massive blob of the artificial whipped cream and it just sat there lifeless and odd tasting and never did melt in the coffee. Premium prices deserve proper ingredients. This is my second visit to the restaurant and will gladly go back again but will not order or will question if they have changed their use of artificial real whipped cream for real whipped cream. Next visit I will be ordering the goulash...it looked very good.

1  Thank Mary R