“YOU GOTTA EAT HERE!!”

The Goulash House
Ranked #4 of 305 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mostly Hungarian and German dishes from fresh ingredients only, made in house by a master chef of 40 yrs.Warm and welcoming service, cozy decor. Restaurant and Bar serving great cocktails, mostly German and Chech beers, and a good selections of Hungarian Wines.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary last night here. The food was absolutely delicious. The service, lighting, decor and ambience were perfect. I would not change a thing. Newmarket is lucky to have this gem. We will most definately be back. Priced right. Good Luck (Judy)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

As soon as you enter you are embraced by the smells of an old european country kitchen. The food did not dissappoint. We had the wood platter for two and the dobosh torte for dessert. Not low calorie but everthing was good. Service was a bit slow but very friendly and reservations will not leave you at the door drooling with no tables available. My only big complaint is if I'm paying premium prices for specialty coffees and desserts you must use REAL WHIPPED CREAM ... nothing is more dissappointing than having a great dessert/coffee with a blob of non-melting odd tasting artificial whipped cream Our friends had a specialty coffee and a dessert with a massive blob of the artificial whipped cream and it just sat there lifeless and odd tasting and never did melt in the coffee. Premium prices deserve proper ingredients. This is my second visit to the restaurant and will gladly go back again but will not order or will question if they have changed their use of artificial real whipped cream for real whipped cream. Next visit I will be ordering the goulash...it looked very good.

1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friend and I had dinner here Tuesday night and both of us came away extremely pleased with every element of the experience. Our young waiter was attentive without being intrusive, friendly and professional. The food, (we both had schnitzel but different kinds) was well prepared and delicious, not to mention sizable portions. We had to pack a doggie bag to take home. We tried a Hungarian red (Bulls Blood) which was delightful.
At the end of the meal the waiter provided a sample of the other Hungarian reds on the house.
We will be going back, again and again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

First visit, amazing, great mixed starter, Shnitzeles and cabage rolls amazing, huge portions, great value for money. Will be back/

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We tried this fairly new establishment (opened June 2012) for a weekday lunch. We certainly were
not disappointed. First of all, we were very impressed by the decor of the restaurant. It has an amazing looking bar, and use of old bricks on the wall etc. makes a very warm and inviting atmosphere. Secondly, their lunch menu offers a lot of choices, at very good prices. They have a daily special, pork stew with dumplings was the offering that day, which my husband enjoyed very much. My sandwich came with a salad or fries. We noticed the dinner menu included soup or salad with the main entrees, which made their prices even more reasonable. Wine list was not over priced, with many nice choices. I can't wait to return for dinner.