“Great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Newmarket
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Great stay!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

An unexpected need to stay in Newmarket led me tho the local Best Western and what a great choice it turned out to be. Excellent staff interactions, clean room, good internet service, amenities of fridge, coffee pot, microwave etc. Local restaurant was wonderful (no continental breakfast at this location but 10% reduction in bill). Right across the street from a decent Mall too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

3 Thank Patricia B
Barbara B, General Manager at Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Patricia B,
It was wonderful that we were able to host you on your unexpected stay in Newmarket. and that we made it a great stay. We are tempted too to check out the sales across the street. Hope your shopping was productive. Thank you for sending the review as I will post it in the staff room and make their day with your compliments.
Safe travels.
Sincerely, Barbara Bartlett, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Excellent better than the Calgary Fairmont which we stayed at for 2 nights as well. The Sheraton will be our choice of hotel when ever we are in Calgary as a family. For business it will to be determined by company preferences

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Barbara B, General Manager at Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for your gracious compliments and for affording us the opportunity to host you on your family trip.Our lives are so busy in today's environment that family trips keep us in balance and are very meaningful.
Once again thank you and all the best.
Barbara Bartlett General Manager
Stouffville, Ontario
Reviewed August 13, 2013

On August 3rd we had a wedding and reception at a venue about 10 km from the hotel. Many guests were coming from out of town so I made arrangements with Leah at the hotel for guests to book rooms at a group rate. Later I dealt with Leah to arrange for a bus shuttle to take guests directly to and from the hotel and the venue. This was arranged efficently and I was able to change the shuttle times (five trips) with no hassle. The ceremony was late afternoon and the hotel knew that there would be many guests having to check in in a very short period of time in order to make the shuttle to the wedding. All the guests were dealt with efficiently and all rooms were ready for occupancy. I have had excellent comments from our wedding guests about their stay at this Best Western hotel. Many thanks Leah. (Randy)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Randy F
Barbara B, General Manager at Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear RandyF,

Thank you so much for your comments both for the staff collectively and for Leah in particular. We strive to do our best at all times but especially when it involves memorable events such as weddings. We recognize the planning that has occurred leading up to that big day and wish to do our part in keeping things on track.
We appreciated being able to host your guests and again thank you for making our day with your compliments.
Barbara Bartlett General Manager
Sao Paulo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you need to stay close to Newmarket or Aurora area this is a good hotel . Clean with a helpfull staff and with a restaurant in the lobby with a restaurant that offers a nice personalized breakfast (not included in the fair) . You are also in a walking distance of a mall , a drugstore and a LCBO .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Barbara B, General Manager at Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear EddieSaoPaula,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that our was hotel able to meet your needs. We are conveniently located with shopping and other services within walking distance. The Buttery Restaurant is independently owned and operated and like us received the 2013 Excellence Award from Trip Advisor. I will share your compliments with both the restaurant and our staff.
Thank you once again and enjoy your summer.
Sincerely, Barbara Bartlett, General Manager.
Toronto
Reviewed July 22, 2013

There is no pool at this hotel, even though one is displayed on its webpage. When the assistant manager spoke to us (my daughters and their children) about our disappointment and frustration, she said the website clearly stated there was no pool on the premises. This is not true, tho there is a statement under the heading of Recreation that passes to a city pool are available. However, that pool requires a drive and is open to the public only at certain times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank supersam
Dear Supersam,
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. As you noted, the website does show a picture of a pool and it does say that it is off site. We have a relationship with our Municipal pool that we pay the Town for every guest that uses the facility. It was unfortunate that it was undergoing maintenance when you were staying with us. We have no control over the Town's work schedule. The facility offers far more than we could here at the hotel. It includes Olympic size swimming lanes, a water slide, wading pool, hot tub and a sauna. It has all the amenities of a resort complex.
Again I apologize that you were unable to enjoy the facility compliments of the hotel.
Sincerely, Barbara Bartlett, General Manager
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just got back from a business trip to Newmarket. The client recommended the Holiday Inn because it was closer to their location but I've been having such good experiences with Best Western, I decided to commute a little farther. The extra commute was definitely worth the trouble with traffic congestion due to construction on Davis Dr. From the moment I approached the desk to the time I checked out, the staff was extra friendly and helpful. I stayed in room 201 which is a suite. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very well maintained. The internet access in my room worked perfectly. I was able to Skype all of my calls perfectly with clarity better than cell phone reception. Being an older property, the lobby isn't very large but it is functional and they have a small business center with equipment that actually works! You can tell that the management and staff take pride in this facility. The hotel is at the intersection of Yonge and Davis across from the Upper Canada Mall. There are hundreds of options for food but one of the best is attached to the hotel. The Buttery is currently the number one tripadvisor rated restaurant in Newmarket. The only complaint I have is that they don't open until 0700 which didn't leave enough time to get breakfast and make it to the customer's location. When I return to Newmarket, The Best Western will be my first choice in accommodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ivybeanaverywareman
Barbara B, General Manager at Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Ivybeanaveryware,
Wow.....what a cool handle on your Trip Advisor account...reminds me of the song!!!
As you have been everywhere, then we are truly honoured to have your positive comments on our hotel and we very much appreciate your kind words. I am pleased that you were able to get your work done and have a good night's rest. I will be posting your review in the staff room.
Again thank you for your feedback and when you have been everywhere else, we would be delighted to host you once more. Safe travels.
Sincerely, Barbara Bartlett General Manager
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked at this hotel as my father had a medical procedure being done at South Lake Hospital in Newmarket. They offered a good price based on this and the hotel is very close to the hospital and restaurants. As with many hospital visits, you are never sure what will take place.

We called the hotel at 6:30pm, half an hour after the cancellation cut-off and hoped they would understand when we explained that my father was able to go home that night and we had to cancel our stay.

I was very impressed by the staff response on the phone when I explained our situation - she said "That is wonderful that he is able to go home". She further said there would be no charge for the cancellation and wished us a safe trip home.

I run a resort and I hope that my staff will respond to a similar situation with as much compassion and service excellence.

While I was unable to enjoy the hotel facility this time, I will be sure to book there if I need a hotel stay in Newmarket again. They definitely put customer service at the forefront.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dianne2338
Barbara B, General Manager at Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Dianne 2338,
In as much as we would have been delighted to host you and your Father, I am so pleased that he was able to go home the same day. I trust he is on the mend and that all went well. We recognize that hospital stays are stressful on everyone involved and we strive to do our best to accommodate the individuals needs.
Thank you for your gracious comments and may you have a restful summer.
Sincerely, Barbara Bartlett General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Comfort Inn
Aloft Vaughan Mills
Aloft Vaughan Mills
#2 of 14 in Vaughan
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Markham

Been to Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel? Share your experiences!