“Good clean HIexpress”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Newmarket
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I extensively travel and have found that what counts is what is behind your room door. The room was all you really need. Good comfortable bed. Fast internet, and clean bathroom with nice towels.
The breakfast was your standard free breakfast from which all I ever want is cereal, banana, and coffee. Plenty of room to find a table.
What impressed me was that I noticed a couple of items needing attention, nothing major, but needed fixing. I told the front desk and they were fixed when I got back that evening.

If you are coming to town, I would suggest it.

BTW, The Cambodian restaurant across the parking lot is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg G
HolidayInnNewmarket, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Greg G:

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and giving us 5 stars. It is good to know that we could make your stay a comfortable one. Our entire team of staff comprises of dedicated, well-trained, and responsible individuals who make every possible effort so that our hotel guests feel relaxed away from home. We would love to have you over again in the future.

Shahnaz Ismail
DOS

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here fo one night on buisness March 18th. Found the front desk staff friendly, while the hotel overall appeared quiet, clean and very simply met my needs. As a priority club member I appreciated the water, cereal bar and particularly the bag of microwave popcorn, which hit the spot and was exactly what I needed after a long day driving. Room was pretty standard and appeared clean. Only thing I noticed in disrepair was my bathroom sink's stopper not working: yet I somehow manged to survive :) Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn fare, which I still think is one of the best around, while the breakfast room was also clean. I did find the breakfast room seemed to have alot of tables suitable for large groups to sit, but not much in the way of tables for one or two people. While such a setup can be great for meeting other people, it can also make some people feel uncomfortable when forced to meet others, when they just want to relax, or have breakfast with a co-worker. My checkout went well, with new staff also friendly and personable. Hotel parking was free, well lit, and ample. A few eating options were identified within walking distance - from asian to standard family restaurant fare. I would stay here again. . .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SunSeekerRon
HolidayInnNewmarket, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear SunSeekerRon,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are happy to have made your stay a comfortable one. We appreicate you letting us know about the bathroom sink stopper which has been replaced. I have mentioned the breakfast room seating arrangement to our General Manager and he will be rearranging some tables with only double seating. I will make sure to mention your generous comments to our front office team in our next staff meeting which will for sure make their day! You as a guest are our first and foremost priority and we truly hope to make all your future stays most comfortable.

Shahnaz Ismail.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Vending machine and ice machine not working. Fan in the bathroom sounded like you were standing beside a diesel truck when it was on. We have stayed here a few times and it has generally been an average to above average hotel.

3  Thank Colin B
HolidayInnNewmarket, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Colin B,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Our goal is to make all our guests feel relaxed and comfortable during their stay with us, and we were unsuccessful in doing this for you. I would like to offer my humble apologies and hope you do not have to experience such issues in the future. I have mentioned both the noise from your washroom fan and the vending & ice machines not working during your recent stay to our General Manager. He has scheduled for the fan to be replaced soon with a new one. We have multiple vending and ice machines throughout the building and our front office staff would have been happy to take care of guiding you to the working vending and ice machines. In future we hope you once again give us an opportunity to serve you and request that you feel free to let our staff know if you require assisstance or help with anything at our hotel. It is our pleasure to provide all our guests with a enviornment that will make their stay a comfortable one. Take care dear.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall was a good choice. Pillows and comforters need changing as they are very lumpy. Cousins restaurant across the parking lot was absolutely amazing. Food was true home cooking and service was incredible. Will go back just for that restaurant.

2  Thank Deborah W

Dear deezeb,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is all our pleasure to have served you and we are glad to know that your stay was satisfying. I have made a note to mention to our General Manager regarding your concern with pillows and comforters. It is great to hear that you would like to come back and stay with us in the future. I will also make sure to mention your lovely comments to our neighbour restaurant Cousin. I personally love their delicious food!

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I just needed a quiet place to catch up on some sleep before a conference near here. No big highways, airports or pile driving construction sites here to keep you up. Clean room, well supplied and an excellent breakfast. Newspaper and sunshine were free.

2  Thank BeachKnot

Dear BeachKnot,

It is so good to hear such beautiful words in your review about our hotel. The Holiday Inn Expresses are well known for our famous hot breakfast buffet bar and it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the menu. We hope to see you in the future and serve you.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've read poor reviews about this hotel, based on peoples experiences with booking meetings, but since I didn't need that, then I considered my room great. This hotel has a pool, hottub, and fitness center. It is brand new. My room card immediately turns on the heat when I enter, bathroom was spotless and well equipped. Coffee, flatscreen TV, good wi-fi signal, great beds, clean. I can't complain.
2 queens were $131 a night in February. Breakfast buffet includes scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, toast, waffles, muffins, danishes, yogourt, cereal, milk, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, and juice. Ample parking front and back. I couldn't find this hotel on my GPS because its new, but I found it with my Local app in the Samsung Galaxy s3

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Farida D

Dear Farida D,

We are happy that we could make your stay a good one. Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear your beautiful comments regarding your positive experience with us. We hope to have you again at our hotel and serve you.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Let me start by saying that I have nothing at all bad to report about my recent stay at this hotel. It is what it is: convenient, comfortable, affordable and predictable. A few days after checking out, I received an invitation to complete an on-line survey about my stay. It was at that point I learned that Holiday Inn is a member of the InterContinental chain of hotels. A couple of months ago I stayed in the InterContinental Riyadh (Saudi Arabia). If you've ever stayed in one of the marquee hotels, you'll know why I titled this review "Night and day".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ChuckL4

Dear ChuckL4,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are very proud to be a part of the InterContinental Hotels Group chain. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is rated as a two and a half star hotel, whereas the InterContinental Riyadh is a five star one. The star rating of a hotel is based on the luxuries, amenities, resturaunts and lounges, and many other services the hotel has to offer. We are happy to have made your stay a pleasurable one and hope you will choose us again for all your future stays.

Best Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Newmarket
Newmarket Inn
#3 of 4 in Newmarket
Travelodge Richmond Hill
#5 of 7 in Richmond Hill
North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket? Share your experiences!